Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If they do saty up which is looking like it may happen, what do you think will happen?

I can honestly see the season being delayed as Wigan/Fulham/ Sheff take the issue to the high court.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would guess so, if they have been found guilty of these players being inelegible then surely they should have been docked all the points they've accrued with those players playing.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
We've got to beat Bolton and Man U yet.

AFAIK, other clubs have no right of appeal....it's between us and the premiership. I don't know even if they'd get as far as the high court.

I personally think we'll still go down so it'll be irrelevent

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Also.....would you be happy if you had new owners, new management etc and were docked points because of the former chairmans descrepences.

I believe we might be appealing against the judgement and/or taking our former chairman to court to recover the fine

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You'll be alright I reckon jevs. Its Fulham for the drop. They looked awful today despite the Arse not turning up. Arsenal ladies would have given them a harder game.

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
I think you might just stay up fulham and wigan both look awful

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
It's a tricky one to call.....Bolton have just parted company with fat Sam and Man U are on fire.

We do have a habbit of just rolling over in important games.

Don't forget that Boro aren't safe yet either !!! There are some crucial matches in the next two weeks.....not sure the old ticker (or my liver) can take much more :(

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
jevs said:
Also.....would you be happy if you had new owners, new management etc and were docked points because of the former chairmans descrepences.

How is relevant when it happened? It was an action carried out by the organisation. You can't just ignore all previous crimes just because you've changed management.

Just out of interest where do all the clubs who have played against them stand? Could they make their own personal claims?

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think it will be very sad if it goes to court but I can see it happening.

It is disgraceful that Bury got thrown out of the FA Cup while West Ham were fined.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rangdo said:
How is relevant when it happened? It was an action carried out by the organisation. You can't just ignore all previous crimes just because you've changed management.

erm.... you shouldnt go throwing stones like that. there are many who think BHA dont deserve a new stadium because "we" sold the old one. change of managment and ownership does mean wiping the slate clean to a large degree.

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
beorhthelm said:
erm.... you shouldnt go throwing stones like that. there are many who think BHA dont deserve a new stadium because "we" sold the old one. change of managment and ownership does mean wiping the slate clean to a large degree.

Bit of a different scenario though don't you think :rolleyes:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Kinky Gerbils said:
If they do saty up which is looking like it may happen, what do you think will happen?

Is "saty up" a Football League offence then? :ohmy:

Brighton must make sure that they don't copy The Hammers.

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
West Ham will go down. Yes, Fulham and Wigan are awful, but to stay up the Hammers still have to gain at least a point - and I'm not sure they'll manage it with the games they have left.

Would be interesting if they did take it to the courts, although personally I'd rather we just got some money for the Cup game.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
jevs said:
AFAIK, other clubs have no right of appeal....it's between us and the premiership. I don't know even if they'd get as far as the high court.

I think lawyers are being readied at the potentially affected clubs.

I can't see how the issue is just between you and the Premiership, every team that has played you this season when Tevez was fielded has an interest.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
beorhthelm said:

Theres so many things wrong with this argument. As jevs says it's a completely different scenario.

Archer didn't break any rules or do anything illegal. Maybe immoral as far as the fans are concerned but not anything that could bring him or the club up on charges. He made decisions on behalf of the business when he was in charge and the future owners of the club have had to deal with that legacy. Exactly as West Ham will have to.

Wiping the slate clean doesn't change anything. For us it means that we've got new owners and from that point we carry on fighting. It doesn't change or reverse any of the decisions and changes that happened before. The consequences of actions of the past owners still have to be accepted whether thats us or West Ham or any other club or business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here