Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
If I could just add to this. We are better than SOME* of us think we are (not you ETM)

*SOME of our detractors even go to matches.

Additionally we are better than more of the teams is this league than we have ever been both in the quality of the players and the management of the team.

I am in dreamland, my toes are not curling and I BELIEVE!!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting that Moyes said West Ham were hanging on at times. That's what the Leeds fans were saying on Saturday.

We're better than we think we are.

I watched most of the second half, and thought we were definitely holding our own, but what a nerve from Maupay to try a bicycle kick in the 87th minute - everybody knows he’s rubbish!:albion2:

Interesting evening for me this evening - roller coaster!

• Mrs DiS sets off to the Saints match. I’m settling down for ours.
    She phones - I’ve crashed the car. I have to set off on the bus to rescue her.
    Car damaged but drivable, traffic light bent, Mrs DiS shaken but unhurt.
    Sitting in a cafe for a drink before driving back, goal down very quickly.
    Two substitutions for injury before half time. What is going on???
    Get home for most of second half. Brighton doing OK - heartening, despite the doommongers on here.
    85 minutes - another injury and down to 10 men. Oh well, that’s it then.
    Then Duffy to Lamptey to Maupay, who couldn’t hit a barn door……..
    Relatively happy now

:albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We seem to reserve our spectacular goals to score against WHU

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Moyes was refreshingly honest tonight. But I wouldn't want to watch his team every week, effective or not. At one point their average formation was 1-9. One at the back and the rest in a block.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Still can't see why the West Ham goal was overturned by VAR ? if that was us I would be spitting feathers.

The last touch was off a West Ham player who was offside. It only flicked his leg but it touched him and he was clearly off. Only one Albion player behind him as Sanchez was in front of him. The right decision. Clear and obvious mistakes don’t come into it when it’s offside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Additionally we are better than more of the teams is this league than we have ever been both in the quality of the players and the management of the team.

I am in dreamland, my toes are not curling and I BELIEVE!!!!

Hard to believe but we are watching Albion having their best season EVER, so far

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I thought Duffy was excellent when he came on. One misplaced pass but other than that he made some vital headed clearances and good passes. Expect he’ll be in for a few games now.
Shame for Sarmiento.
If Moder had converted his chance late in the first half it would have been a sublime goal in terms of the movement and passing.
Great to actually score a goal, and what a cracker it was.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I watched most of the second half, and thought we were definitely holding our own, but what a nerve from Maupay to try a bicycle kick in the 87th minute - everybody knows he’s rubbish!:albion2:

Get home for most of second half. Brighton doing OK - heartening, despite the doommongers on here.
    Relatively happy now

Holy moly. As long as she's OK.....

Cars can be repaired, as can Brighton scoring stats. We are now 7th, we were well worth the point and Maupay's got his mojo back !

D

Deleted member 2719

Relatively happy now

Sorry to hear about the missus and her accident. I don't know how much you know about cars, but I would get a pro to have a good look over it, just in case.

Glad Maupay made you evening.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would be wonderful if Maupay went on another little run. We don’t want to panic buy in January. We are good enough to finish comfortably without the risk of getting an overpriced striker in.

:facepalm:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Really enjoyed that whole experience - don't get to away games all that much - but that's a weirdly soulless and quiet stadium. Except for the song when the teams came out their fans don't really seem to sing ever. A bit of an "ooooooh" when they attacked occasionally but not much at all. The Amex is rocking by comparison. Good atmosphere outside the ground tonight but then dead inside it. Then splitting up the away fans on multiple levels with that big empty bit between them seems like a crafty move to suck the life out of the away support. Found myself between two groups of young men who spent as much time demonstrating their well practiced wrist action in the direction of the home support as they did watching the game which was funny on one level, just for their enthusiastic attempt to get a reaction, but as a stadium and vocal support the Hammers get a very low 2/10 from me.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Really enjoyed that whole experience - don't get to away games all that much - but that's a weirdly soulless and quiet stadium. Except for the song when the teams came out their fans don't really seem to sing ever. A bit of an "ooooooh" when they attacked occasionally but not much at all. The Amex is rocking by comparison. Good atmosphere outside the ground tonight but then dead inside it. Then splitting up the away fans on multiple levels with that big empty bit between them seems like a crafty move to suck the life out of the away support. Found myself between two groups of young men who spent as much time demonstrating their well practiced wrist action in the direction of the home support as they did watching the game which was funny on one level, just for their enthusiastic attempt to get a reaction, but as a stadium and vocal support the Hammers get a very low 2/10 from me.

How were our faithful in terms of noise? Looked great at the end

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just watching the start of MOTD to see where we end up being shown (towards the end, as per normal?) and the opening titles don't have any of the fixtures on them - did they forget?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here