Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
What a great point away at a very effective team.

Really chuffed for maupay and the whole team.

Anyone who used the following:

Embarrassing
Shambles
Game over
Disgrace
Pathetic

And all the other comments written by adults masquerading as children. Get behind the team ffs.

We just moved into 7th for the time being.

7th

In the whole country

Playing good football

Try and enjoy life a little more

Great post! Many comments on here during the match .. honestly.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why does January = panic buy.

The club has a global scouting network, working 24/7, 365 days a year.

The list of potential strikers didn't get thrown out on 01.09.
They haven't sat twiddling their thumbs for 3 months.
It won't get to NYD before someone says 'ok chaps find us a striker'.

January equals panic buy because our number one target was Nunez who has proven that he is exactly the calibre of player we are after and is now at a level above our reach. Coming in in January means a number of things, most notably adapting to an extravagantly complex style of play that’s taking players months/seasons to get used to. So unless our number two target is right up there in terms of ability, intelligence and adaptability I just don’t see how this is simply a case of ‘sign a striker and he will score’. Andone is a striker. Locadia is a striker. Connolly is a striker. Zeqiri is a striker. The guy at Stoke is a striker. I fully understand how scouting works, and I totally accept that we will have coals in the fire, but we don’t just need ‘a striker’. There seems to be this desperation this season, even more than last season, but signing a striker who scores 5 goals in the 2nd half of the season will probably mean the difference between finishing 9thish and 11thish. But what chance they’re a total flop? I’d say on evidence more likely than not. Had we signed Nunez we would almost certainly be top 6 but we didn’t. We won’t even get close to being relegated without this mythical striker.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Interesting that Moyes said West Ham were hanging on at times. That's what the Leeds fans were saying on Saturday.

We're better than we think we are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
January equals panic buy because our number one target was Nunez who has proven that he is exactly the calibre of player we are after and is now at a level above our reach. Coming in in January means a number of things, most notably adapting to an extravagantly complex style of play that’s taking players months/seasons to get used to. So unless our number two target is right up there in terms of ability, intelligence and adaptability I just don’t see how this is simply a case of ‘sign a striker and he will score’. Andone is a striker. Locadia is a striker. Connolly is a striker. Zeqiri is a striker. The guy at Stoke is a striker. I fully understand how scouting works, and I totally accept that we will have coals in the fire, but we don’t just need ‘a striker’. There seems to be this desperation this season, even more than last season, but signing a striker who scores 5 goals in the 2nd half of the season will probably mean the difference between finishing 9thish and 11thish. But what chance they’re a total flop? I’d say on evidence more likely than not. Had we signed Nunez we would almost certainly be top 6 but we didn’t. We won’t even get close to being relegated without this mythical striker.

I'm not talking about buying more of the same, one for the future or a try this one player.

The club needs to do what it never wants to do and buy THE striker.
Not a player who needs to learn.
Not a player who's wet behind the ears.

A player, who they have meticulously scouted, are confident he can step up and one who can raise the level of the whole team, esp Maupay.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm not talking about buying more of the same, one for the future or a try this one player.

The club needs to do what it never wants to do and buy THE striker.
Not a player who needs to learn.
Not a player who's wet behind the ears.

A player, who they have meticulously scouted, are confident he can step up and one who can raise the level of the whole team, esp Maupay.

But why in January?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I made a piece of art to represent tonight's game. It's the perfect Christmas gift for any Albion fan.

Screenshot_20211201-220029-01.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting that Moyes said West Ham were hanging on at times. That's what the Leeds fans were saying on Saturday.

We're better than we think we are.

If I could just add to this. We are better than SOME* of us think we are (not you ETM)

*SOME of our detractors even go to matches.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought we played some good stuff at times, cracking goal from Maupay to grab the draw.

Looking forward to Saturday now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here