Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
West Ham looking dangerous every time they go forward. We look ponderous and over complicated. Maupay, Moder and Dunk should all have done better, as Sanchez should have with their goal. All too predictable - loads of possession and no goals. Also appears that WHU are always first to the ball.

Come on The Albion, let's get this sorted! :albion2:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Could have been 2 or 3 down but still in it. Having said that, we somehow need to remember how to score. Every pundit now taking the piss out of our possession/failure to score, so frustrating.

Yes and it doesn't help.
That happened for a large part of last season, I thought we had got rid of it but it has returned and so is the piss taking.
Problem is, that the longer it goes on, the worst it gets.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
West ham giving us a lesson on how to win a football match.

To be fair, like most teams, they have an utter reliance on us missing big chances. They’d not be 1-0 up against most EPL teams if the chances created fell to another side.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Same old. Massive amounts of possession and **** all to show for it.

What an absolute peach of a ball that was from Maupay to Moder! :bowdown: Pretty much took 5 players out of the game.

Moder should be finishing that off though.

Maupay is a good player, I guess Hughton had Knocky’s brain to figure out, now Potter has Maupay’s - I always want Maupay on the pitch, in a team of low goalscorers, he still remains our percentage bet to get something. We could do a Palace result tonight if we hang in there and don’t hand them a second

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Some really nice football at times. They scored same goal against Liverpool so we’re not alone. Can we come back? Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, I've spotted three occasions he's been caught up field, and they have attacked down our left in the gap he left. They hit the bar from one of them. Lost the ball from a few headers and passed it out of play twice. Just not his usual standard today.

But given our system is for the full-backs to push on, isn’t that inevitable. The bigger question is more why no-one was intelligent enough to tuck in once possession was lost…. That is normally what Gross is excellent at.

Just very frustrating though……

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I’d like to criticise this first half performance but we were bottom of the football league a quarter of a century ago so Graham says I’m not allowed to.

He didn't say that at all. He said that you're entitled to your opinion, but he totally disagrees.

As do I, fwiw. Just watched a really exciting & competitive half of football between two of the best teams in the country, and personally think we looked like the better side overall. It's a game in which it is fiendishly difficult to score and that's never going to change.

This is the best Brighton team I've seen by a very long way in 40+ years as a fan and we're still getting better, because we have one of the smartest managers in Europe and an owner whose understanding of what's required is second to none. If you can't take pleasure from being an Albion fan at this moment in time, when will you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here