Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This is ducking unbelievable. 2 real chances arguably sitters. Dunk off target. Moder should have buried it. What is it going to take for us to score a goal? Will no one at our club accept this challenge?!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Duffy is a Football genius.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Cucurella is having a pretty poor game so far. Four or five mistakes now and looking quite leggy. He puts in such a shift every game, wonder if he needs a little rest ideally.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Moder just simply had to finish that and then so does Dunk a minute later. Their confidence is absolutely gone.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

MerseySeagull

Apr 17, 2017
Wirral
If the scoreline stays as it is for this half we have very solid foundations for a comeback. Recently we've seemed to be our most potent in the first half, before petering out in the second. With a bit of motivation and an overconfident West Ham we could really put pressure on them next half and turn this around once we get some kind of rhythm that will build our confidence.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cucurella is having a pretty poor game so far. Four or five mistakes now and looking quite leggy. He puts in such a shift every game, wonder if he needs a little rest ideally.

Really?

Think he’s the pick of our players, always available uses the ball intelligently

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
And that.

We don’t deserve to be going in behind based on chances.

When do we as fans stop trotting this out? Certainly not after frequently saying the same thing for 2-3 seasons now. I’m interested to know when “we don’t deserve” becomes “actually we do” because it’s now PROVEN we aren’t able to score.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s mad really, especially where we’ve come from, but it isn’t hyperbole to say we play some of the best football on the planet at times. Some of the interplay is beautiful and beguiling and utterly breathtaking. But we simply fail at the two most basic aspects of football- defending your goal and putting it in to the net. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team who do the impossible so well but the most elemental stuff so badly.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Honestly thought Fabianski did well, made it very difficult.

But it's the complete lack of efficiency, skill and guile in front of goal. Him and Maupay just side foot it and hope. The aim is not to kick it at the goal keeper. Moder either does that or blasts it over. Thought that was a really poor effort and not a hard one even if Fabianski will be pleased with his save. So frustrating. Maybe he'll move on to the next stage of his development like Trossard and hit the woodwork every time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What a strange half.
West Ham are really not that good tonight and there for the taking, the atmosphere is flat.
We are doing OK but making terrible mistakes at important times.
The injuries have not helped either but we are still in this, bizarrely.
I hope West Ham are no better in the 2nd half because we have a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here