Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Tickets And The Ticket Office

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Definitely mentioned, being a sad person I keep all ticket stubbs anyway and staple them to the program.

Titanic said:
I switched off the phone-in after the last two games because of the drivel being allowed to pass as information. I'm not interested in fuelling another wasted opportunity to talk about the team and their performances at the expense of this sort of tittle tattle.

It's not exactly rocket science, and I am sure this is why Lord B made his recent observations, that drew such a sarcastic comment from Harty last night.

It is very frustrating that what should be a good source of accurate information for supporters is often subject to Harty and his guests either deliberately or carelessly airing their, often inaccurate, assumptions.
Thanks, Titanic.

I'm glad it's not just me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
To be honest, Harty and DTG should have known how the tickets were being allocated before they both started giving out misinformation.

(Both said that STH got priority which is incorrect)

It's on tyhe club website and was in last night's programme.

... and an EXPLANATION of why the ticket office is asking for open cheques would have been nice - instead of allowing the caller to get away with a comment that the Albion have "no idea how to run a business".

That's the sort of thing that comes across as legitimising criticism of the ticket office staff.

Fair play to the kid who phoned in to try to put the record straight. But Harty failed to work out why his contribution was relevant.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
One quick query, if we are unlucky enough to only get a draw at the Boylin Ground, would the 5000 people who had tickets for the 'original' game have priority over people with 2 home stubs?

ali jenkins said:
One quick query, if we are unlucky enough to only get a draw at the Boylin Ground, would the 5000 people who had tickets for the 'original' game have priority over people with 2 home stubs?
That's a good question.

I wonder who will be the first to speculate on what the answer is.

And how many people will believe them?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
ali jenkins said:
...if we are unlucky enough to only get a draw at the Boylin Ground, would the 5000 people who had tickets for the 'original' game have priority over people with 2 home stubs?

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

:shootself :shootself :shootself

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Shouldn't the X amount of people who missed out on the "original" game get priority, then followed by everyone else....

:lolol: probably best not to think about this one until we come to it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ali jenkins said:

I would imagine season ticket holders would get first call on their ownb seats or wherever moved if required.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
BensGrandad said:
Like DTG I was under the impression that as a STH you are automatically an AMS member. I cannot remember ever filling in an AMS form but I may well have done when it was first started many years ago.

I'm about 99% sure that when season ticket holders applyied or were renewing for a season ticket when the ams came into play that there was a box that you had to tick on the application form to become an ams member, which mentioned that the scheme was free to join.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To be honest if you are a STH and didn't take up the free option of AMS membership you don't deserve a ticket!

Kenhead said:
I'm about 99% sure that when season ticket holders applyied or were renewing for a season ticket when the ams came into play that there was a box that you had to tick on the application form to become an ams member, which mentioned that the scheme was free to join.

I think you're right. I've had a season ticket for the whole time at Withdean and I have never filled in the AMS form as far as I remember. I'm convinced it was a tick box on the renewal form.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I think you're right. I've had a season ticket for the whole time at Withdean and I have never filled in the AMS form as far as I remember. I'm convinced it was a tick box on the renewal form.

Which all goes to prove that STH are not automatically AMS members.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
'kin hell...........moan, moan, moan

Does anyone on here remember what it was like during the last season at the Goldstone, or is this site now just full of kid who have been watching BHA for less than ten years :ohmy:

Back then, towards the end of the season, you had to get down the ground and queue up for a ticket. If you couldn't get down there or were slow off the mark then tough

Same applies now, if you got off your arse early you will get a ticket. If not go in the home end or 'watch' it on Sky Sports soccer saturday

It only West Ham ffs, not Palace in FA Cup final

Get a grip people and stop MOANING :angry:

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
I agree the ladies shouldn't get any abuse. The club could of made it clearer what was required and not confused people in the first place regarding the FA cup game @ WHU.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
getting away from the debate a bit , but those in the know what do you reckon my chances are
dropped in an application to shop on weds ams only without millwall stub ?

dannyboy said:
getting away from the debate a bit , but those in the know what do you reckon my chances are
dropped in an application to shop on weds ams only without millwall stub ?

Pretty decent chance, I'd be amazed if they were sold out by then.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Titanic said:

It's not exactly rocket science, and I am sure this is why Lord B made his recent observations, that drew such a sarcastic comment from Harty last night.

It's not like me to come over all gurlie about comments made about Lord B but I was very pissed off indeed when I heard that particular sarcastic remark as we drove home from the game.

Not only was it fecking unprofessional since I'm sure that anyone hosting a BBC phone-in is expected to at least pay some sort of lip service to the BBC's code of conduct, it was also cowardly.

PS. And I don't like people having an unreasonable go at my bloke just because they can't get their facts right. So there!

Worthwhile thread by DtG to remind us how ticket office staff regularly get abuse when there is a scramble like this :nono:

I'd be in favour of the Albion having a very pro-active campaign to stamp this kind of thing out, eg. you swear at staff, you get banned.

As disappointing as our attendances are at times, it will only improve things in the long run for all of us if we get rid of people like this.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here