Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Tickets And The Ticket Office

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Complete Badger said:
If you are a STH AND an away member (as I, and quite a few thousand others I imagine, are), then does your ticket come out of the STH 50% or the AMS 50%?

no then your just a Season ticket holder :(

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
sorry you have lost me

what misinformation have I spread?

1. BTW If you havent been to the albion since Cardiff, not a season ticket holder, no away or home stubbs, the chances of getting a ticket are like seeing rocking horse shit!!!

2. all STH are AMS by definition

3. that 'home stubs' were signicant in West Ham ticket allocations

4. that STH came ahead of AMS in priorities

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
taking the point up about STH and AMS, the AMS was a rolling thing wasnt it...in that when you became STH, you filled in the form once and it rolled over....I could have sworn I have not filled in another AMS form.

Did any sth's on here not fill in that form?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
1. BTW If you havent been to the albion since Cardiff, not a season ticket holder, no away or home stubbs, the chances of getting a ticket are like seeing rocking horse shit!!!

2. all STH are AMS by definition

3. that 'home stubs' were signicant in West Ham ticket allocations

4. that STH came ahead of AMS in priorities

1. I hold my hand up and apologise!!!! I wa strying to get the rocking horse shit joke in and was wrong

2 I am still not convinced this is not the case

3. I explained that was an error made by the announcer

4. But surely if all STH's are fufilled that would work by definition.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
2. STH are not AMS by definition - they are AMS only if they have applied (free of the usual £10 charge) to be a member of the AMS.

4. The club announcement said after Millwall stub holders, the remaining would be allocated 50% to STH and 50% to AMS (and you should mark you application envelope as STFA or AMFA)

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Dave the Gaffer said:
taking the point up about STH and AMS, the AMS was a rolling thing wasnt it...in that when you became STH, you filled in the form once and it rolled over....I could have sworn I have not filled in another AMS form.

I joined the AMS by phone as an STH

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dave the Gaffer said:

I didn't because I was already an AMS member when I became a season ticket holder.

All AMS membership is for life. That was why I pointed out that you don't actually have to have seen the Albion EVER to be in the priority pile for this game.

It's not an issue because it doesn't appear to have been greatly over-subscribed, but most of what was spouted on the phone in yesterday was complete bollocks and nobody seemed aware of the actual reality of how the club are prioritising applications.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
2. STH are not AMS by definition - they are AMS only if they have applied (free of the usual £10 charge) to be a member of the AMS.

4. The club announcement said after Millwall stub holders, the remaining would be allocated 50% to STH and 50% to AMS.

2. After the issues over Tottenham tickets, I would have thought everyone who is a STH would have taken the offer of free ams up!

4. I am not sure how you would so that in practive though - taking the points made. If someone is a STH and an AMS memeber, does that count as a STH or an AMS? Would we be disqualifying some STH's who are also AMS for those who are purely AMS?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
2. After the issues over Tottenham tickets, I would have thought everyone who is a STH would have taken the offer of free ams up!

4. I am not sure how you would so that in practive though - taking the points made. If someone is a STH and an AMS memeber, does that count as a STH or an AMS? Would we be disqualifying some STH's who are also AMS for those who are purely AMS?

2. May be so, but it's not a FACT.

4. The club announcement said after Millwall stub holders, the remaining would be allocated 50% to STH and 50% to AMS (and you should mark you application envelope as STFA or AMFA)

As a STH, assuming that the 900 Millwall stub holders apply (and are half/half STH/AMS), I have access to a pool of approx 2550 tickets - along with the other 3500 or so STH.

An AMS member who hasn't put a penny into the club for 3 years or more, can get access to the remaining pool of 2550 tickets.

Last edited:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I've always found that the ticket office is always helpful and they do a great job!
I do hope that i get a ticket for west ham but wouldn't be as disappointed as spurs as i have been to upton park, but the main thing is we have sold out or allication and thats more money to the club as far as i'm concerned

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dave the Gaffer said:
Some won't have applied for that game either, so you are making a big assumption. I agree that it would seem daft not to, though, but there's nowt as queer as folk!

In this allocation, all STH are in one pot, presumably whether or not they have filled in the AMS form. There are other games where it is AMS only where those STHs who had not joined the AMS would not be eligible. This does appear to be a bit of a contradictory position which I must admit does not particularly make sense to me! I think it has been clarified in the past that the 50% for AMS cannot be taken by STH/AMS members unless it is not taken up by AMS only.

Thus the answer to your last sentence is YES.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
2. May be so, but it's not a FACT.

As a STH, assuming that the 900 Millwall stub holders apply (and are half/half STH/AMS), I have access to a pool of approx 2550 tickets - along with the other 3500 or so STH.

An AMS member who hasn't put a penny into the club for 3 years or more, can get access to the remaining pool of 2550 tickets.

gotcha.....

i will have a word with harty and get you on the radio to explain the above to those people who will doubtless moan and bitch because they couldnt get a ticket. pm me your phone no and we will call you next saturday. that is the best explanaition i have seen on here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Load of whingeing gits in the letters pages of the Sports Argus today banging on about West Ham tickets. 'As a STH I demand priority...' :bla:

The Complete Badger said:
I see what you are saying, and this is where my question was heading. Ok, I accept your thinking, but I would think that virtually all the season ticket holders will apply for this game. Let's be modest, and say 3,000 STH will apply. Now, while there may be 10,000 (example) on the Away Member Scheme, it's entirely possible that only 2,000 will apply, as many of these will only be on the database thanks to Cardiff.

So, if it became known that less people apply through the AMS than STH, could someone like me just apply purely as an AM knowing that I stand a better chance of getting a ticket?

Just to clarify, all those figures are guesses, and I have no idea of how many people apply. Also, I will get a WH ticket so I don't even care really, just wondering!!

We must have atleast 25,000 AMS members, just due to the Cardiff game alone. It would only take about 10% of them to apply and not everyone would get one.

Whereas we have around 4,500 STH. Meaning about 50% would have to apply to snap up all the tickets.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
gotcha.....

i will have a word with harty and get you on the radio to explain the above to those people who will doubtless moan and bitch because they couldnt get a ticket. pm me your phone no and we will call you next saturday. that is the best explanaition i have seen on here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I switched off the phone-in after the last two games because of the drivel being allowed to pass as information. I'm not interested in fuelling another wasted opportunity to talk about the team and their performances at the expense of this sort of tittle tattle.

It's not exactly rocket science, and I am sure this is why Lord B made his recent observations, that drew such a sarcastic comment from Harty last night.

It is very frustrating that what should be a good source of accurate information for supporters is often subject to Harty and his guests either deliberately or carelessly airing their, often inaccurate, assumptions.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here