Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Tickets And The Ticket Office

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Spoke to the two Julie's in the TO this morning ( YES THIS MORNING-SUNDAY - their day off!!!!! SORTING OUT THE APPLICATIONS)

A Couple of points they would like raised:

1. Its not big and clever to abuse them or swear at the on the phone. They are doing a job like you and me and do not deserve the low life of this world abusing them.

2. If you are trying to get an OLDHAM Ticket, have patience. Up until last Thursday, the game was pay on the gate. Oldham changed the rules and have only just sent tickets ( now they have to faff about with West ham and Oldham Tickets)

3. WEST HAM TICKETS HAVE NOT YET ARRIVED. PLEASE DO NOT PHONE UP ASKING WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO GET ONE.

4. They have been innundated with applications, I will leave that one for your own digestion if you are thinking about putting an application in next week

FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IF YOU SWEAR AT AND ABUSE THE TICKET OFFICE STAFF, DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE PHONE GOES DEAD.

Julie realted a story where one "punter" had been so abusive she told him that she was putting the phone down and he could phone her back half an hour later with an apology!!!!

BTW If you havent been to the albion since Cardiff, not a season ticket holder, no away or home stubbs, the chances of getting a ticket are like seeing rocking horse shit!!!

Dave

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said Dave. The ticket office ladies work hard to ensure they help people with their enquiries. Who do these people think they are who abuse them?:nono:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are some wankers about. Whatever the club had done, some people would have whinged. It's only a game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
BTW If you havent been to the albion since Cardiff, not a season ticket holder, no away or home stubbs, the chances of getting a ticket are like seeing rocking horse shit!!!

What have 'home stubbs' got to do with it ?? also are you saying that no AMS members without a Millwall stub will get a ticket ??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the point about home stubbs was a mistake by the announcer.

Whate he should have said was hold on to the home stubbs and they will form some sort of loyalty scheme for home fans. I get the impression that the club wanted to reward the away fans as it was an away tie and the best way to do that was get people to send in the Millwall stub.

With regards to AMS, I was under the impression that it was Millwall stubbs first, then STH, then AMS ( and as all STH are AMS by definition) that would cover it as I also thought the game was AMS only.

I have no idea what the rules is about an non ams who bought a millwall ticket though:down:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
With regards to AMS, I was under the impression that it was Millwall stubbs first, then STH, then AMS ( and as all STH are AMS by definition) that would cover it as I also thought the game was AMS only.

I have no idea what the rules is about an non ams who bought a millwall ticket though:down:

I think this is more mis-information, similar to that from Harty which drew criticism from 'the bearded one'.

It is unhelpful and fuels pointless frustration and pointless debate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
in what way?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Complete Badger said:
Ha ha how sad some people's lives must be. Why would you get so angry about a ticket to a game against a team we played just two years ago? If you were that bothered about seeing West Ham, then you had two chances in 2004/2005. Pathetic. I know I will get a ticket, but even if I don't it's really not going to result in me wanting to swear at anyone, and I'm pretty sure 99% of people would say the same.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Worst case scenario would be getting allocated a ticket, only to get the ground and finding yourself sat next to one of the morons that swear down the phone at the women in the TO.

As I haven't and shan't be applying for one, I have to say my chances of getting a ticket for this game appear slim :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
Did you bother reading the information on the club's web site about ticketing fro West Ham ?

No, as I had a millwall stub.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kaz said:
Also STH aren't automatically AMS members, although it's free for STH to join, they still have to fill out a seperate form and join as anyone else would

Is correct.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
well if i dont get a ticket i will be very very suprised and annoyed. But not to annoyed as i only went there 2 years ago and saw a great game and it cant possibly be as good this time. And to be honest i would have much rather gone to ORIENT on that day :(

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dave the Gaffer said:

Dave

Sadly, this bit isn't quite true.

If you are a member of the AMS, but haven't actually got round to seeing the Albion play EVER, you could still get a ticket for this game if your application was in early, as there is no distinction between AMS members who actually go to games and those who don't.

Other than that, I totally agree that sounding off at the ticket office staff is pointless and unnecessary. I also don't actually know what anyone can have had cause to get abusive about yet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
Then why spread mis-information to provoke unnecessary and pointless arguments ??

sorry you have lost me

what misinformation have I spread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here