Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the World Champions!!!!!!!!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I hope the cushion on my settee has recovered from the battering it got when the final whistle went. I've never seen my old man go so mad either. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: goldstone, I suppose you said cricket was a boring game when Sussex won the County Championship.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Goldstone at least Rugby is a man's game

Not quite sure what you mean by that. Most of the England team look as though they're the result of inbreeding in a small Suffolk village.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
West Hoathly Seagull said:
goldstone, I suppose you said cricket was a boring game when Sussex won the County Championship.

Cricket can be boring, but at least there's a point to it and it is quite obviously skillful.

Sussex winning the County Championship was far more significant to me as a man of Sussex than England winning the rugby.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Goldstone at least Rugby is a man's game

To bloody true danny. They get smacked, Kicked, have mass brawls and if they get put down they get back up and carry on. Football pisses me off when you see a player go down and roll over 10 times making out they've just been punched by Mike Tyson, And then the bucket man runs on, Throws abit off water at him and he's up and about again :angry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
goldstone said:
What the hell's the point at being world champions at such a crap, boring sport?

50,000 Brits chose to go to the other side of the earth to watch this crap boring sport. A few million others chose to watch it on tv this morning. That should give you a clue to the point.

:dunce:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
50,000 Brits chose to go to the other side of the earth to watch this crap boring sport. A few million others chose to watch it on tv this morning. That should give you a clue to the point.

:dunce:

100,000 people go to the Superbowl and a few million others watch on TV.

Doesn't make American Football a good sport.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
goldstone said:
100,000 people go to the Superbowl and a few million others watch on TV.

Doesn't make American Football a good sport.

Not for you (or me) but it is to them and that's all that matters. I hate cricket but that's not a reasonable reason for me to slag the game off.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Happy Seagull said:
Goldstone either you're on a big wind up or you are in fact a :tosser:

Even if you disregard everything else the game has to offer, how can you say Wilko kicking a penalty/conversion has no skill? :dunce:

I said earlier on this (or maybe it was another) thread that the guy doing the kicking was the only one WITH any skill. Pity he doesn't convert to playing soccer so that he could enjoy the company of team-mates who look a little more like human beings.

Goldstone...the fountain of bollocks

Having played both sports i am amazed at goldstones remarks.

It is far easier to just kick a ball with only a few rules compared to kicking, throwing, rucking, mauling, scrumaging etc with more rules than you can shake a rather ignorant twat at!!

Well done England.

The best day since my sons were born!!

COME ON ENGLAND

BTW well done albion today!!

Goldstone, even if you are joking you are still a :tosser:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Fantastic start to the day,wrong shape ball but what a great result.Great driving to Nottingham with English flags flying.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :clap: :clap:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Very good finale to the tournament, and England had that extra bit of class to win in Jonny Wilkinson. Shame that I was surrounded by a bunch of whiny, sore loser Aussies.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here