Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the World Champions!!!!!!!!!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Lord Bracknell said:
John Howard, Prime Minister of the losing country, handing out the losers' medals to thirty-odd losers who'd lost a major sporting event in front of 50,000 distraught supporters of the losing team. Followed by the leader of the losing country doing his best to dish out medals and the World Cup to the victorious enemy, while hoping that no-one was watching.

A defeat that will be remembered by all those losers for years.

It just gets better and better... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another thing Goldstone, you say it is a flawed tournament because only 7 or 8 teams play the sport.

I'd say - there are about 12 rugby playing nations:
NZ, Aus, SA, Eng, Wales, Ire, France, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga (#1 sport in those 3 nations!) and you have to consider Argentina and Italy as nations with more than a passing interest.

We won the football World Cup in 1966 when just 16 teams took part, including several that just made up the numbers. Or are you saying that achievement is flawed too?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
SO HERES TO YOU JOHNNY WILKINSON
ENGLAND LOVE YOU MORE THEN YOU WILL KNOW
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Simster said:
Another thing Goldstone, you say it is a flawed tournament because only 7 or 8 teams play the sport.

NZ, Aus, SA, Eng, Wales, Ire, France, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga (#1 sport in those 3 nations!) and you have to consider Argentina and Italy as nations with more than a passing interest.

We won the football World Cup in 1966 when just 16 teams took part, including several that just made up the numbers. Or are you saying that achievement is flawed too?

...add to that Scotland and Romania!:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep forgot Scotland, but I deliberately didn't count Romania, Canada or Japan - all of whom are or have been genuine emerging nations in the recent past.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
HOORAH!! :drink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a f***ing night!

I really defy anyone to have not been excited if they'd watched the game. When it went to extra time I felt like I did in 1990 in the semis against the Germans. When Wilko kicked the winning goal it felt like Dean Wilkins free kick against Ipswich in 1991. England, my England. We're the World f***ing Champions. And we did it against the Aussies. Now most Aussies I know are good people and the one's I watched the game with stayed and shook our hands and partied so I have the utmost respect. But their press, worse than the English gutter press by a mile are going to be spitting and whinging for a week :lolol:

We are the Champions. My home land has won a world cup for the first time since 1966. And we've done it in the Rugby equivalent of Brighton v Palace. Yes.

:drink: :drink:

P.S. Stumpy Tim, you are one lucky son of a ...... I'm jealous. Enjoy it.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I have just about recovered from the match. Brilliant game with all players giving their all. I'm not a great rugby fan but this was a great sporting event. Loved the Aussie PM having to give us medals and the cup with such good grace! Also our fans sang "God save YOUR gracious Queen"
England are the World Champions. Not may times we can say that :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Everest said:
Aussies 17
England 20

37pts in the game

2003 - 37 = 1966. Spooky

allsportenglandworldcupceleb.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Another spooky point.

George Cohen - 1966 World Cup winning team
Ben Cohen - 2003 World Cup winning team

(Uncle and nephew)

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Gareth Glover said:
There always 1 person who has to ruin a great thread and try and spoil people's fun. Well done mate :angry:

Very hypocritical of you GG, having been on the thread for those of us who don't give a f*** about this pointless game of a bunch of thugs chasing eggs around a field.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Yorkie said:
Another spooky point.

George Cohen - 1966 World Cup winning team
Ben Cohen - 2003 World Cup winning team

(Uncle and nephew)

Leonard Cohen - Quality musican. Oh, Hang on, that's not spooky at all...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Leonard Cohen - Quality musican. Oh, Hang on, that's not spooky at all...

Leonard Cohen is VERY spooky!

P.S. I found a meat pie! The Hobgoblin in Roppongi had a choice today on it's pie of the day between Steak and Kidney and Kangaroo :lolol:

Luckily Roo is so awful, so tough that Skippy is probably safe for another few years. It's like eating boiled leather coat.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
:lolol:

I should update my sig - "Our Boozer" in my own fair city does pie and chips for a very reasonable price, very nice too! In fact, it's more than nice - even after only a week, to get hold of a decent meat pie is the best thing in the world!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Has anybody ever seen winning medals dished out so grudgingly as by the Australian PM? He looked like he would rather twist the cords around the victorious players necks, and the line must have seemed endless.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
John Howard looked like he'd drunk a cup of cold sick.

Got a text from an Aussie mate. "I bet England will be talking about it in...oooh 37 years time".

Too right. Felt like texting her back with "you can stick your f***ing shears up your arse" Contented myself with "Ned Kelly, Nellie Melba, Don Bradman, Banjo Patterson, are you listening? Your boys took a hell of a beating"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:

The population of Samoa is 25, Fiji 250 and Tonga 57 .... so you can hardly call them nations.

Italy's interest in Rugby is extremely "passing".

As for 1966. Football is skillful game played by guys with brains. Rugby is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here