Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the World Champions!!!!!!!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
goldstone said:
What the hell's the point at being world champions at such a crap, boring sport? And one where there's only about a seven or eight countries who are any good at it.

Pretty hollow and meaningless "championship" in my opinion?

First game of rugby I've ever watched right through. I've always been of the opinion that it's a stupid, pointless sport played by guys who look like old-time East-End gangsters, but thought I'd better watch the final. Don't know why I bothered. Couldn't stop yawning. And they sure don't do much running around. Spend most of the time lying on top of each other in a pile in the mud. And they call that sport? Unbelievable.

What bollocks. That was one of the tensest sporting events I can recall. I was with my mate John who supports Ireland, I'm a Welsh supporter, and we were both cheering for England. We shouted ourselves hoarse.

Off to the pub now. Well done England - top result.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
_39574965_jwilkinsonap.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There always 1 person who has to ruin a great thread and try and spoil people's fun. Well done mate :angry:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
What bollocks. That was one of the tensest sporting events I can recall. I was with my mate John who supports Ireland, I'm a Welsh supporter, and we were both cheering for England. We shouted ourselves hoarse.

Off to the pub now. Well done England - top result.

Personally I like to watch a sport that has an element of skill. Rugby is played by a bunch of bruisers who spend their time running into each other or lying in a pile on the ground.

The only one with an ounce of skill is the kicking chap .... should have been a soccer player.

And "tensest"? The only thing tense was seeing who could win the prize for the biggest pile of fat, lardy bruisers.

You probably also shout yourself hoarse watching paint dry.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why don;t you just bugger off then. You've made your point that you are a miserable , sad old git, now go away and let the rest of us enjoy the moment.:jester:

Technically you could say it doesn't take much skill to kick a leather football into the back of the net ??? Doesn't make it a crap game does it!

And how many teams have a realistic chance of winning a World Cup football final? Not really that many is it :glare:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goldstone is right.

It was a crap game. There was no skill, no passion, no atmosphere. I don't know why I bothered watching! This thread should be closed. NOW!

We should all wear :censored: back armbands for the rest of the day. I think Clive Woodward should apologise for England actually winning somthing!

I might even take an overdose I'm so depressed!:(

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
NAH BOLLOCKS

Well Done lads!

:clap: :drink: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Buzza = I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic. Well said mate !.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
GG our threads crossed mate.

Of course I'm being sarcastic. I've been looking forward to this game all week and I wasn't disappointed!

:bounce:

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Massive display England. You did us all proud. Nice to see the Aussies lose for once. Now all we need to do is reclaim the ashes!

:)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Zebedee said:
Massive display England. You did us all proud. Nice to see the Aussies lose for once. Now all we need to do is reclaim the ashes!

:)

They're already lost - well the rugby league ones are anyway.

goldstone - you don't understand the sport so you've decided it's crap. Smacks of ignorance to me. If nobody was doing any running as you seem to think, why were at least six players treated for cramp in their legs after the first 80 minutes were up?

England were superb. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Aussies 17
England 20

37pts in the game

2003 - 37 = 1966. Spooky

allsportenglandworldcupceleb.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:

goldstone - you don't understand the sport so you've decided it's crap. Smacks of ignorance to me. If nobody was doing any running as you seem to think, why were at least six players treated for cramp in their legs after the first 80 minutes were up?

England were superb. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Actually I do understand the sport. Played it at school .... unfortunately.

I asked myself why a number of players got cramp. Certainly not from doing a lot of running, just short bursts here and there. Probably not fit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :dunce: :jester: :nono: :rolleyes: :shootself

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
goldstone said:
Personally I like to watch a sport that has an element of skill. Rugby is played by a bunch of bruisers who spend their time running into each other or lying in a pile on the ground.

The only one with an ounce of skill is the kicking chap .... should have been a soccer player.

And "tensest"? The only thing tense was seeing who could win the prize for the biggest pile of fat, lardy bruisers.

You probably also shout yourself hoarse watching paint dry.
When we win another world cup in any other major sport come back with this argument again!:dunce:

You've got to feel sorry for ...

Nah, sod it, I'll start again.

One of the best sights in years ...

John Howard, Prime Minister of the losing country, handing out the losers' medals to thirty-odd losers who'd lost a major sporting event in front of 50,000 distraught supporters of the losing team. Followed by the leader of the losing country doing his best to dish out medals and the World Cup to the victorious enemy, while hoping that no-one was watching.

A defeat that will be remembered by all those losers for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here