Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

went on the 1901 tour yesterday

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not happy about the east stand zero tollerance thing. Fair enough in the family section but still. Was hoping to sit there but it's going to have to be the north stand. West stand will no doubt be the £650 jobbies.

The club has already said that they are going to print a list for all fans with words that will not be tolerated.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What about the away fans - won't they have 2000+ seats reserved?
I really hope the away end can be expanded and reduced to cope with home demand.

Every game is going to be sold out in the first season IMO, so hopefully the away team will get the minimum allocation required according to league rules.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
According to an ATPT answer, the away end holds 2,575.

So the home capacity will be 19,925.

Holding back 1,500 match ticket would mean a target of 18,425 STHs.

And with about 2000 of them 1901 club seats that's only 16500 'normal' STHs - just over their 15000 target (or did that include 1901's). They may not be far off selling out STs for the first year or two.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
ZERO tolerance is a bit OTT isn't it. can see why it's a good idea in certain sections - family areas, perhaps an old boys area (where everybody stays sat down) etc, but the east stand must hold about 5,000 - can't really expect 5,000 people NEVER to swear can you?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I really hope the away end can be expanded and reduced to cope with home demand.

Every game is going to be sold out in the first season IMO, so hopefully the away team will get the minimum allocation required according to league rules.

It can. But I expect a lot of teams in the Championship (if we're there) would bring too many.

I went as well, very impressive. I'm seriously considering it, my only concern is about not being here for most games, would I be able to sell the ticket if I can't use it.

My daughter would take it but she wouldn't want to go on her own so I'd need to be able to find another ticket for her boyfriend.

And when i am here I would often want to get a second ticket for her.

Decisions, decisions!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I just hope those £640 seats are limited in number. Already it looks like price hikes for anyone who doesn't want to sit in the North Stand. Also making the entire East stand zero tolerance seems OTT aswell.

I cannot wait until we have the real info from the club, but I thought there were one or two disturbing things in OP's excellent report.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry if i didnt male it clear

withdean season tickets are 5000 , they reckon they could sell 15000 at falmer. if demand goes through the roof they will sell up to a max of 21000 season tickets as they hve to leave 1500 for general sale

sorry are they sayimng that they are only looking to have 1500 tickets for the casual fan?

Yes I know that it is unlikely that they will get 90% STH

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Not so sure about that - wouldn't they have problems with access (both sets using same entrance, same facilities, etc.) At the least they would need to have a massive security presence - and only be able to use about half of the end, with each set of fans at opposite ends of the stand.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I went as well, very impressive. I'm seriously considering it, my only concern is about not being here for most games, would I be able to sell the ticket if I can't use it.

My daughter would take it but she wouldn't want to go on her own so I'd need to be able to find another ticket for her boyfriend.

And when i am here I would often want to get a second ticket for her.

Decisions, decisions!

youd have to buy 2 together then to guarantee it. i think its easy enough to pass on your ticket either as a gift or sell it via the club

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Not so sure about that - wouldn't they have problems with access (both sets using same entrance, same facilities, etc.) At the least they would need to have a massive security presence - and only be able to use about half of the end, with each set of fans at opposite ends of the stand.

pretty sure i read that some of the east stand can be given to away fans for cup games etc. it would be segragated and they would have their own bar in the concourse

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think we will all have to wait and see re prices.

At the moment (at Withdean) there are some VERY good deals going, esp for the very young ones in the Family Stand and indeed for Under16s and 21s in all areas.

For example an Under 16 in the South Stand Centre this season paying in full before the 11th of June was only £118.00.

An Under 21 was only £144.00

These are both really good value.

I only hope these are continued.

Good write up, thanks.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
sorry are they sayimng that they are only looking to have 1500 tickets for the casual fan?

Yes I know that it is unlikely that they will get 90% STH

thats exactly right , they will sell every home seat bar 1500 for casuals as season tickets if demand warrants it. they cited norwich where every seat there is a season ticket, which i didnt know.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I think we will all have to wait and see re prices.

At the moment (at Withdean) there are some VERY good deals going, esp for the very young ones in the Family Stand and indeed for Under16s and 21s in all areas.

For example an Under 16 in the South Stand Centre this season paying in full before the 11th of June was only £118.00.

An Under 21 was only £144.00

These are both really good value.

I only hope these are continued.

Good write up, thanks.

i agree. with regards to season ticket prices i didnt hear that personally but someone else told me that thats what the chap said. it surprised me as i think its important to get the youngsters involved, future fanbase and all that

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also, can someone tell me the rough prices for the 1901 club?

You may well be on a wind up with that question, as it has been done to death on here, but here goes

Membership:

£500 for 5 years
or
£1000 for life.

Then, in addition:
Platinum (central area) - £99 (ex VAT) per month, every month.
Use of the Platinum bar and restaurant (at extra cost)

Gold (wings of West Stand middle tier) - £75 (ex VAT) per month, every month.
Use of the Gold Bars and Buffet (at extra cost)

This includes tickets to ALL Albion home games, cup, friendlies, league, European etc except testimonials.

You are guaranteed to be able to buy tickets for ALL events at the stadium in advance of tickets going on general sale (i.e. you can buy a ticket for your seat before anyone else gets a chance to)

You have priority on buying tickets for high profile away games.

Then there some corporate things too, use of meeting facilities, networking meetings, stuff like that.

I think that just about sums it up.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You may well be on a wind up with that question, as it has been done to death on here, but here goes

Membership:

£500 for 5 years
or
£1000 for life.

Then, in addition:
Platinum (central area) - £99 (ex VAT) per month, every month.
Use of the Platinum bar and restaurant (at extra cost)

Gold (wings of West Stand middle tier) - £75 (ex VAT) per month, every month. Use of the Gold Bars and Buffet (at extra cost)

This includes tickets to ALL Albion home games, cup, friendlies, league, European etc except testimonials.

You are guaranteed to be able to buy tickets for ALL events at the stadium in advance of tickets going on general sale (i.e. you can buy a ticket for your seat before anyone else gets a chance to)

You have priority on buying tickets for high profile away games.

Then there some corporate things too, use of meeting facilities, networking meetings, stuff like that.

I think that just about sums it up.

Cheers mate :thumbsup: I wasn't on a wind-up, just havent really been paying attention to it before now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
OK so that's £640 for the best West Stand seats and £350 for North Stand, with East Stand somewhere in between I suppose. I wonder if those low prices are concessions or standard. £350 for a kid seems a bit excessive.

I would say the £350 would be for the West Stand up in the gods in most places the higher up you are the cheaper it gets. North Stand however will give very good views and be midway in price

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here