Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

went on the 1901 tour yesterday

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You may well be on a wind up with that question, as it has been done to death on here, but here goes

Membership:

£500 for 5 years
or
£1000 for life.

Then, in addition:
Platinum (central area) - £99 (ex VAT) per month, every month.
Use of the Platinum bar and restaurant (at extra cost)

Gold (wings of West Stand middle tier) - £75 (ex VAT) per month, every month.
Use of the Gold Bars and Buffet (at extra cost)

This includes tickets to ALL Albion home games, cup, friendlies, league, European etc except testimonials.

You are guaranteed to be able to buy tickets for ALL events at the stadium in advance of tickets going on general sale (i.e. you can buy a ticket for your seat before anyone else gets a chance to)

You have priority on buying tickets for high profile away games.

Then there some corporate things too, use of meeting facilities, networking meetings, stuff like that.

I think that just about sums it up.

If I buy life membership, for example, am I then also committed to the Gold or Platinum payments for life? That maybe an outrageously stupid question...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i thought all the lifers had gone

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
So for those without season tickets atm and unlikely to get a season ticket in the north stand where is going to be the best place to go for atmosphere?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So for those without season tickets atm and unlikely to get a season ticket in the north stand where is going to be the best place to go for atmosphere?

Why do you think non-STHs 'at the moment' would not get a North Stand berth?

Current STHs will spread themselves (fairly evenly, I'd guess) across the new stadium, so it's not necessarily as though everyone will converge on the North Stand.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Current STHs will spread themselves (fairly evenly, I'd guess) across the new stadium, so it's not necessarily as though everyone will converge on the North Stand.

Indeed, but I reckon the North Stand will be pretty close to STH only. Hardly the spirit of the old place, but there you go.

I'd be interested to know what hospitality packages are available on a one-off basis for individual fans (like the £45 jobby at Withdean)... and where these people would be hosted.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Fair enough. I was just going on what I have seen on this site with the majority saying they were going to sit in the NS.

With it only holding a couple of thousand I assumed it would be sold out pretty swiftly?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So, with only a potential 1,500 tickets on general sale ... I know it's good for the club to have as many season tickets as possible, but 1,500 could make it very difficult for those are who are not STHs to get to a game.

Yes. But if this is the case for more than one or two seasons they will obviously look to increase the capacity.

Loving the optimism.:amex:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Not so sure about that - wouldn't they have problems with access (both sets using same entrance, same facilities, etc.) At the least they would need to have a massive security presence - and only be able to use about half of the end, with each set of fans at opposite ends of the stand.

The South Stand can be split in two, and so can its concourse, entrances, etc. Away fans will get the east half, and the home fans the west half. However, we have to offer the away side 10% of the tickets, so the only time that will happen is if we are still in League One (in which case clubs like Oldham would only take up 5%), or possibly for midweek games in the Championship (and then only for clubs who don't have big away support, so I can't see it happening very often). That is my only real criticism of the Amex - I think the ends should have been bigger, allowing for the away end to be split most games. Don't know why, but I'm sure it gives the home side an advantage.

A small section of the East Stand is being reserved for away fans (approximately 1000 seats) for cup games, so that will form part of the 1500 tickets being held back for match by match sales. The north section of the East Stand will be the family section, and that is why the zero tolerance rule will be enforced there. Thankfully, though, the club have not gone down the route so many clubs with new grounds have done and put the family section in the home end, destroying the atmosphere. I can think of at least five examples of where this has been done.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Two things making me hesitate:

- TRHK Jr off to Uni and will only be coming to a few games, so if he wants to come I assume he won't be able to sit by me if I have a Gold membership seat. (sounds like we'd struggle to get a seat anywhere in the stadium anyway in the first season)
- One parking space per four Gold memberships. Is there a way to join up with other members to make use of this if you only have say one or two tickets?

Will put these to the guys at the marketing suite when I go down, but can't imagine they are unique concerns.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Two questions:

a) Will the north stand only hold home fans?

b) Why is the north stand called 'north' as it is, by compass, the most southerly stand of the Amex? In the goldstone, the north stand was the north because it was the most northerly (with refernce to a compass)?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If I buy life membership, for example, am I then also committed to the Gold or Platinum payments for life? That maybe an outrageously stupid question...

As I understand it:

- ALL platinum seats are gone. That's it. There are no more platinum seats.
- There are around 175 gold seats left - pretty much at both ends of the West Stand. When these are gone that's it. No more Platinum or Gold left - you'll only be able to buy one off an existing Platinum or gold member. I suspect there has been some speculation here - so some will come onto the market from private selers with a premium.
- You can buy a gold seat with either a life membership (£1000) or a five year membership (£500).
- If you can't afford or don't want to keep paying the £76/month for your Gold membership you can "hand back the seat". You forfeit your £1000/£500 but can walk away. You are not committed to paying the monthly fee for life - only whilst you retain the right to the seat.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Two questions:

a) Will the north stand only hold home fans?

b) Why is the north stand called 'north' as it is, by compass, the most southerly stand of the Amex? In the goldstone, the north stand was the north because it was the most northerly (with refernce to a compass)?

Can I suggest a new compass? Or has the Earth's magnetic field just done it's once every 300,000 years reversal?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Ys, thats correct, unless you decide to sell up lock stock and barrell.

With the pitiful numbers currently occupying our 'singing section' where do percieve these 2000+ ST holders coming from? A few people on here, maybe 50 or so have indicated they will be in the North Stand, plus say a maximum of 500-1000 from the current singing section, there will be a good 1000 STs available for that stand when they go on general sale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
- If you can't afford or don't want to keep paying the £76/month for your Gold membership you can "hand back the seat". You forfeit your £1000/£500 but can walk away.

I asked this question explicitly and was told that the tickets are sold on a 5 year basis amd you are committed to a 5 year contract. But, you can take a years holiday during the five years if you wish.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's not, it's in the north west corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here