Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

went on the 1901 tour yesterday

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I'm pleased to hear the £350 price quoted-if there are any of them left when they go on general sale I might seriously consider it because it sounds like it is going to be very hard to get casual tickets.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No

You buy your seat for 5 years and are contracted to that seat for 5 years...you pay £ 500 and then £80 a month for 5 years...irrespective if you sell the tciket...its your contract with the Albion. Therefore if you sell your seat, you MUST make sure that your selling price includes the money you owe to the end of the contract, or you will be out of pocket. Presumably if you die, the club are a creditor on your estate until your seat expires. How does this work on life tickets?

The club do not see any income from that seat on top of what you are due to pay for your 5 years.

That is what has been stated before.

If you sell that seat for £100 million, the club dont see any of that apart from what you owe them on expired 5 years.

Or is that bollocks?

No, this is all wrong. Definitely. You are only committed to those 5 years in order to keep your seat i.e. you've paid £1000 for it, and the club agree that it's yours for every game for 5 years at the agreed price. There is no commitment for you to have to maintain those payments over 5 years, if you default they simply take the seat back. If you sell the seat, you inform the club of the sale, and the new owner simply sets up the new monthly payments with the club. You are no longer responsible for any payments. This has been the case at other clubs with new grounds such as Swansea and Hull.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, this is all wrong. Definitely. You are only committed to those 5 years in order to keep your seat i.e. you've paid £1000 for it, and the club agree that it's yours for every game for 5 years at the agreed price. There is no commitment for you to have to maintain those payments over 5 years, if you default they simply take the seat back. If you sell the seat, you inform the club of the sale, and the new owner simply sets up the new monthly payments with the club. You are no longer responsible for any payments. This has been the case at other clubs with new grounds such as Swansea and Hull.

fair enough, not necessarily what has been said above, but we hold you as the expert....thanks

Last edited:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
1) the bloke who did the tour said bloom is seriously minted , gave the impression lot of investment in playing side to come.

2) the company doing the marketing says out of the clubs they have done (8 i think he said ) that we have the best potential . they were also in charge of the kc stadium .

1) Did the bloke who said this comment wink at the same time ? Hes hardly likely to say "Blooms a **** and hes not investing".

2) The company are hardly likely to say " out of the 8 stadiums weve done Brighton has the least potential, no point us doing this ground to be honest".

Im only being cynically sarcastic :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
2) The company are hardly likely to say " out of the 8 stadiums weve done Brighton has the least potential, no point us doing this ground to be honest".

Im only being cynically sarcastic :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the other 7 stadiums were: Sudbury Town, Seaford Town, Drewsbury Athletic, Peacehaven Panthers, Exeter Rovers, Bognor Boys Club and Emsworth United.

:thumbsup:

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Two questions:

b) Why is the north stand called 'north' as it is, by compass, the most southerly stand of the Amex? In the goldstone, the north stand was the north because it was the most northerly (with refernce to a compass)?

This has been bugging me too. The North stand appears to me to be to the West. The a27 runs E/W so surely the east Stand is the most northerly of all four???

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I seem to recall being guaranteed a hard hat tour and first choice of seats at Falmer when I got a two season 'farewell to Withdean' season ticket three years ago.

Not happened as yet.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I seem to recall being guaranteed a hard hat tour and first choice of seats at Falmer when I got a two season 'farewell to Withdean' season ticket three years ago.

Not happened as yet.

Not been organised yet, but you're right, they said all existing STH would get that chance. Doubt it would be quite ready for that yet, the pitch level hasn't been dug out yet, plus I think it is still too much off a building site to allow thousands of fans to go crawling all over it yet.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Not happy about the east stand zero tollerance thing. Fair enough in the family section but still. Was hoping to sit there but it's going to have to be the north stand. West stand will no doubt be the £650 jobbies.

The east stand is the family section.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I was also told recently that when the corners are filled in, and a third tier put on the West Stand, then the capacity could/would be more than 30,000 for when we are in the Premiership.

TB

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I was also told recently that when the corners are filled in, and a third tier put on the West Stand, then the capacity could/would be more than 30,000 for when we are in the Premiership.

TB

There is already a 3rd tier on the West stand.

Do you mean a 2nd on the East ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Couple of things puzzling me here:

1. Is it a given that we can increase capacity? I know the stadium has the potential, but I understood we'd need to get planning permission to add more seats and that getting permission wasn't a formality.

2. Lots of chat about Plat/Gold members getting priority booking for events and concerts. I thought the planning permission we have was very restrictig on uses other than football. Am I wrong? If not, then is priority booking for concerts/events of any value?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Under no circumstances must the stadium become a damp squid. I have had two trips to MK Dons stadium. I was invited by a friend to have all the bells and whistles. I had no choice really as he had to endure sitting with me at the Withdean so fair is fair.

I must say its all very swish and fancy, but it was also a very soulless and moody experience. No excitement whatsoever by there fans, who where clearly clueless about football, support Chelsea, but think it is ok to wear an MK Dons scarf.

Even sitting at Withdean in the pouring rain was better than this, why because I was sitting with people who knew and have supported Brighton for years. It is important that we make as much noise as possible and fill this thing out, otherwise It might end up like MK Dons which is not good.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
This has been bugging me too. The North stand appears to me to be to the West. The a27 runs E/W so surely the east Stand is the most northerly of all four???

Woodingdean is south of Falmer. As you drive past Stanmer Park towards Lewes, you are driving eastwards.

Google Maps

As it's already been said, the stands are slightly at an angle so SE (away end) and NW (home) would be slightly more accurate for the stands behind the goals.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Under no circumstances must the stadium become a damp squid.

Hehe

damp+squid.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Couple of things puzzling me here:

1. Is it a given that we can increase capacity? I know the stadium has the potential, but I understood we'd need to get planning permission to add more seats and that getting permission wasn't a formality.

2. Lots of chat about Plat/Gold members getting priority booking for events and concerts. I thought the planning permission we have was very restrictig on uses other than football. Am I wrong? If not, then is priority booking for concerts/events of any value?

1: Planning permission will have to be granted.

2: I think two concerts are allowed to be held every year, but, as with Withdean, once we have proved we are good neighbours then i'm sure that could quite easily be increased with the right consent from the council.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here