Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Southampton think the Amex is shit

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Their stadium looks like the Riverside, yours has a bit of character and seemingly a good atmosphere, I know what I prefer.

Their stadium looks like any one of a dozen up and down the country, some bigger, some smaller. The Amex is totally unique in design, quality, location and sheer class.
I know which I prefer too.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It looks like a state of the art modern day stadium of world class dimensions.

Those who judge it poorly wouldn't happen to be troglodytes stuck in the past who think standing in terraces is the way of the future by chance?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This really fucks me off. How dare the fans of ANY club in this country bar those with huge stadiums knock The Amex, let alone those with a drab bowl on an industrial estate like Southampton. I love the fact The Amex isn't a single tier all the way round in a continuous bowl. That's just boring and overdone in English football. I love the fact we have different stands. It's got character and feeling. It's got an amazing atmosphere. It looks simply STUNNING from the outside and you can really tell where the money has gone when you're inside. The padded seats, the clean concourses, the spotless toilets - it's like a bloody airport rather than a football ground. Simply breathtaking. And it's only going to get better when we've got thousands packed to the roof in every available space. I have honestly never loved anything in my life like I love The Amex, so any cretins from amateur clubs like Southampton can quite frankly f*** off if they think it's anything other than one of this country's top ten arenas.

Michel? Take That?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To be honest i think some of them do have a point, I for one think we needed a decent sized stand behind one of the goals. Wjat we really should have had is the East mirror the west stand and two large ends behind the goals , but that was scuppered thanks to the planning restrictions.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
He wasn't a Saint's fan.

Oh I expect he was; as it is obvious we are fast becoming your supporters main rivals due to your apparent jealousy of all things Albion related.
Please go back to Pompey hating as you are not welcome with your negativity.

(Hope that helps to stoke the fire ;-0)

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
The smelling of shit comment makes me laugh, ive had the misfortune to work near that ground on the rail and the amount of needles found on track there is horrible

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ours cost £15m and our council gave us the land, and we can walk to the high street and central station in ten minutes.

On the down side, there's nothing worth walking to the High Street for. But at least the railway station's handy so people can quickly get someone more interesting.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Sour grapes. They lost, they were crap. and their away support is very poor.

If i was an away fan i would love visiting the amex. Train to brighton, drink somewhere near the station mixing and chatting to the friendly home fans, football special train up to falmer packed full of fans, proper behind-the-goal away end, bars open straight after the match (who else offers that to away fans?), football special train back to town with friendly locals, followed by a night out in Brighton - what's not to like!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ours cost £15m and our council gave us the land, and we can walk to the high street and central station in ten minutes.

Yours cost £90m and you had to fight 8 years (with my limited help) the nob-heads who hate anything built within 10 miles of their kid's inheritance. No bars, no life around bring a nice pair of hiking boots to get back to town!

And your park and ride is 5 miles away which you have to pay £5....why do you need bars around when there are so many in the concourse...well there is two pubs around, but one is a home club one....hiking boots? when the station is 100yds away....better in the country instead of two rusty gasometers and trading estate.....welcome to 2012......

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So a few bitter fans of a team on the slide who just got stuffed 3-0 by Brighton reserves don't like our stadium

Sour grapes who cares what they think anyway

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
TBH for the cost, £90million, you haven't got your money's worth. I would rather pay the £30million we paid and take the bigger stadium. Which is also being expanded....

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I would do a stadium swap for St Mary's any day of the week, but ours isn't even finished yet.

Kim Jung Nige

Jan 3, 2012
My ground much better than you, my team much better than you. I would have come on and score double hat trick in injury time but I was too busy giving heart transplant to our defender after Greer try kill him.

You lucky capitalist lickspittles, we have good goal not given, I show on Channel Nige that none of your goals go over line, referee he clearly propaganda tool of the west.

You just a small town in Lewes, I great leader, I am Kim Jung Nige.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
It looks like a building site. Walls and metal everywhere and 3 strange looking tiny stands - similar to Colchester's or Shrewsbury's. Very, very unimpressed by it. I know you lot are jizzing everywhere because it's finally somewhere to call home but it's really not anywhere near as good as you claim it to be. Padded seats also makes it very MK Dons like.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So will the East stand be three tiered?

mmmm.

It is a lopsided stadium., My point was, at conception, why not back the Big Stand off 30 yards and have the pitch play that way?

Most modern stadia these days are usually designed with the main stand being the west stand alongside the pitch. This is so the occupants of the main never have the sun in their eyes (and was one of the factors which made me choose my seat there).

Nobody ever has the main stand behind the goal, so setting the West back 30 yards and rotating the pitch at conception would never have been done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here