Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Southampton think the Amex is shit

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh dearie me, The Echo reporter isn't going to be welcomed back to St Mungos any time soon. He'd better read the Scum's own website to get an idea on how to write a proper, balanced report.

I imagine that Cortese will ban him, yes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You type that in jest, but its kind of true - whilst the Echo continues to devote a huge amount of space to all things Saints, they and the club (and Nicola SCORCESE in particular) are uneasy bedfellows.

The Seoul to the Dear Physio's Pyongyang? Cool.

These risible little Southampton fans whining like pussies about Falmer because they lost are almost as funny as those people sobbing in the streets at the funeral. They'd probably do the same if Adkins got sacked.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It looks like a building site. Walls and metal everywhere and 3 strange looking tiny stands - similar to Colchester's or Shrewsbury's. Very, very unimpressed by it. I know you lot are jizzing everywhere because it's finally somewhere to call home but it's really not anywhere near as good as you claim it to be. Padded seats also makes it very MK Dons like.

Just bore off & eat some more of those Crab Apples, you sad f***ing SIMPLETON. :wave:

Oct 25, 2003
grounds that look like st mary's:
swansea
cardiff
coventry
derby
doncaster
leicester
middlesbrough
reading
darlington

ie. any identikit flatpack bland stadium

grounds that look like the amex:
ummmmmm?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In further DEFIANCE of the TRUTH as decreed by the Dear Leader, the Echo seems to rate our players slightly higher than theirs in the ratings, as well;

Davis 6, Richardson 5, Martin 5, Hooiveld 5, Harding 5, Hammond 6, Cork 5, Lallana 6, Do Prado 5, Connolly 6, Lambert 5

Brezovan 6, Cook 5, Greer 5, El Abd 7, Tarrico 5 (Hall 6), Bridcutt 6, Buckley 6, Sparrow 7, Forster-Caskey 8, Lualua 7, Mickail-Smith 7

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bridcutt and Buckley 6 :lol:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
a lot of the £90m was spent on a) building it into the downs (due to the fact that brighton doesn't have many large brownfield sites) and b) now this you need to read- the internal stuff that you as a fan, can't see......so how do you know we haven't got our money's worth?!

we have the money thanks to sir tony, and the amex has been built to large levels of critical acclaim in the architecture world......no-one in architecture gives a solitary shit about st. mary's

But every stadium built in the next 15 years will look like the Amex... Same as all the stadiums built in our era.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But every stadium built in the next 15 years will look like the Amex... Same as all the stadiums built in our era.

You copied Riverside, Derby etc etc. If what you say is true then we would have been setting the fashion rather than following it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Mate give it a rest, we havnt got a fan base like a big club like liverpool so we dont need a huge kop end tht we wouldnt fill. Its loud, looks good with pasionate fans on there feet, an goes mental wen we score...end of, eay your pie. Apologese but needed to be said.

Saying the North stand is "loud" is stretching it a bit.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
grounds that look like st mary's:
swansea
cardiff
coventry
derby
doncaster
leicester
middlesbrough
reading
darlington

ie. any identikit flatpack bland stadium

grounds that look like the amex:
ummmmmm?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sydney Olympic Stadium!
Sydney-Olympic-Park.jpg

or the Amex??
main-image.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Well a bit - although Falmer wasn't built within an old Communist-era bowl. Although I'm sure Southampton FC would wholeheartedly approve of the Stasi's methods of information control. That Southampton Echo reporter will be looking to defect at this rate.

leipzig-out.jpg

Anyway, I may be biased but the new grounds built for Germany in 2006 were pioneers of modern, cool, beautiful stadium architecture; no harm in emulating them a little bit. And no-one's ever used those words to describe Southampton's boring boxy shed.

Oct 25, 2003

no they won't because i can't see any stadium being built with the constraints that the amex had.....ie having to build it into the downs

bn1 seagull

Dec 9, 2010
i don't know how they can say that, our stadium has its own style and is very unique. Yes it is very one sided at the moment but when the stadium is finished it will be amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here