Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well how was it for you?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Surprised at some of the negative comments on here, for me personally it was one of the greatest nights in my time supporting the Albion.
Watching Harty junior taking part in the pitch invasion brought a lump to the old throat, and last night will be the stuff of Albion urban legends.
With around 7,800 Brighton fans in the ground, give it 10/15 years and the club at Falmer and hopefully in the Premiership, fans will talk about the night we beat the richest club in the world, and you'll probably find in excess of 15,000 claiming they were at the Withdean last night.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Up there with all the other great moments supporting BHAFC although Junior (my 16 year old) was rugby tackled twice during pitch invasion by a steward and missed college today as his foot hurt.

I fail to see anything negative about last night and received several texts and mails at work of congratulations.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Don't think there is anyone being negative. Just the usual debate about perspectives.

It's the first time my 15 year old has really seen a Brighton crowd packing the stadium and singing themselves hoarse. I think until now he has been going to the matches partially as loyalty to me. Watching him chomping at the bit to get to school in Tonbridge (West Ham, Charlton, "top four" country) to tell them all about it (if his voice holds up), I know that he has fallen for ever in love with Brighton.

Can't believe that there were any Brighton fans there last night who did not fall back in love with the old club.

On top of that - I think we have reinforced our reputation as one of those clubs that other supporters like to like.

Superb night - can't wait to buy the DVD.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Very exciting night - better than Swindon at home - especially as we stayed dry last night !!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You're looking for it Harty. The thread starter is the only negative person in the thread. Everyone else is calling him a twat.

Was a great night - loads of positive vibes. Let's hope we can build on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What I liked was not only was it a great result it was 2 hours worth of thrilling game in a packed house. Great stuff.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Brighton M's thread "Proof we're a small club" doesn't exactly provide a ringing endorsment.

That's has, to be fair, been taken a little the wrong way I think.

It was a great night, don't get me wrong, a fantastic result and a super game of football! But surprises me that so many people see winning a Carling cup round 2 match as one of the best games of their albion supporting life.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I thought it was a jolly good evening. Lord B and I took a dignified stroll onto the pitch afterwards and the scenes were indeed marvellous. The sight of a very nearly full stadium was heartwarming and we only needed it to pour with rain to recreate that last thrillingly victorious penalty shoot-out at Withdean! All in all a damned good show.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes it was BRILLIANT.

But as the old adage goes I would rather have 3 points on Saturday.

Now they HAVE to play like that EVERY week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But surprises me that so many people see winning a Carling cup round 2 match as one of the best games of their albion supporting life.

It isn't the fact it was the Carling Cup Round 2 it was the fact that we beat the richest club in the UK who happened to have an £18 million forward playing that failed to deliver and the thrill of the penalty shoot out.

If you can't get excited and passionate about that then words really do fail me.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
If you can't get excited and passionate about that then words really do fail me.

I can though! I was going mental last night! But i've got over it now, wheras some people don't seem to have. Good luck to those, but i think it says much about our club as a whole if that's a 'best ever' game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can though! I was going mental last night! But i've got over it now, wheras some people don't seem to have. Good luck to those, but i think it says much about our club as a whole if that's a 'best ever' game.

Yes a club that has been robbed by crooks, nearly shut down, nearly went to the conference, has fans that care so much they worked for nothing for Falmer, has a chairman that must be mad to stick around given the shit that has happened, punched way above its weight staying two seasons in the championship and finally has a shed load of fans that bleed blue.

Sorry but not convinced you are one of us.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Last night was truly amazing. By far the best performance I have seen us play at Withdean. Defensively we were SOLID, and all round in my opinion we outplayed city across the board. Kuipers deservedly man of the match by no means without a doubt a class performance.
Chatting to Man City supporters in the pub outside the station before the game, they were confident of a win, with plenty of goals to boot. And to be honest who could argue with them? The richest club in the WORLD coming down to Withdean and expecting an easy ride was probably on the cards before the game. It just shows you that its much more than whats at stake. A true account of David VS Goliath was on show last night, and seeing the Albion win im sure will do us more justice, and hopefully give us the kick up the arse that we need to get our season going again.
:albion2:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Know what you mean Harty. I've 'moulded' two boys now. No1 is doing terrific stuff Albion wise. No2 lost his voice for the 1st time last night. He was going absolutely MENTAL at the end.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It isn't the fact it was the Carling Cup Round 2 it was the fact that we beat the richest club in the UK who happened to have an £18 million forward playing that failed to deliver and the thrill of the penalty shoot out.

Spot on Mr Beach: & made even more incredible after that horror show on Saturday. Sweeter than the sweetest f***ing wotsit I've ever experienced in my life!! *:clap2:

* Apart from multiple orgasms, obviously. :smokin:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Loved it. I seemed to be the only one amongst my friends with genuine belief that we had a chance of winning. They all seemed to think it would be one way traffic but glad to prove them wrong.

I think the fact we won on penalties made it even more special. A game I will never forget:yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here