Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well doneto all the boo boys, read on!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
to quote poyet
"They are being unfair on an unbelievable group of players who have brought joy to this football club."

A group he says he wants to cull and a group that if they got into the premier league he would not go - he would go home????

You cant have it both ways mate.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
"There's something wrong in this football club, maybe it's time we told them what they can expect. I don't know the last time Brighton were in the top 10 of the Championship."

It is true though, we do seem to have some of the most negative fans. considering where we have come from you would have thought it would have been the opposite. Maybe some people need reminding that we no longer have the likes of Colin "the hawk" Hawkings, Tommy fraser etc and now have a variety of international players

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Albion fans are NO different to fans of any other club regardless of where this club has been in the past and where it is now. Poyet has been around football a long time and should know that more than anyone. Hardly a 'shock' is it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't boo, probably never will, but wasn't surprised there was booing, esp going 2 down so soon to half time.

If Gus thinks his team deserves a pass because 'we are f'ing brilliant', then we need to be at least 'brilliant', not just 'f'ing ....'.

The company line can not be 'we need to respond to the weekends shocking display' and then produce an incredible inept, soulless, gutless, first half performance.

Times have changed everything is NOW NOW NOW, if you slip off your pedestal someone will tell you.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
So were people booing the team at half time? Incredibly stupid if so. I thought the boos were for the referee when I heard them.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
I know that there seem to be a lot of people, particularly users of NSC, that think booing is acceptable after a couple of poor performances, but I think anybody who booed is a disgrace.
Do you think that every performance will be good? Do you think we should be doing a Norwich or Southampton? Maybe it doesn't matter to you where we came from and it is all about NOW NOW NOW. If that is the case you may be losing us our manager NOW NOW NOW and we may end up with another Russell Slade (no disrespect). Remember Charlton fans booing Curbs and where they ended up?
I know none us on here seem to care what anybody else thinks and I know the boo boys don't (or the lot who leave games early) so I know I'm wasting my time, but please shut up. Try supporting the team that was 13 points adrift at the bottom of the entire league, and if you did and still boo go and have a long look in the mirror. If not go and support Tottenham with their equally fickle bunch of supporters.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well if he wasnt such a idiot on team selection then there would be no reason for the booing im affraid.

You think that an 'idiotic team selection' is justification for booing?

Jesus wept.

I was annoyed with the 1st half but I'd never boo, pathetic to boo really, they knew they were crap but didn't need the stadium turning on them. Support the lads through thick & thin.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't accept booing of your own team ever. It is just never acceptable. You may as well go and sit in the opposition stands!

By all means shout and scream at the players. Scream at them to get involved, to make that ball, to attack space etc. but booing? No, that's for the people with no attachment to this club.

Silence if anything, but booing and you are a fool.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I sit in the WSU and only heard boos directed at the ref.If there were any more it was minimal and i am surprised Gus has reacted to it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
In all my years of supporting and going to matches I have never once boo'd at our team or even contemplated it.

But ............. I am quietly disappointed by Gus I can't deny. He seems highly intransigent and some of his comments demonstrate a huge arrogance, lack of ownership and clearly he despises any personal criticism.

I've thought a lot this season how, when I watch other Managers being interviewed the frequency with which they acknowledge the fans, either for travelling or just general support but Gus rarely does this (token effort before Reading) .... he's too aloof and I can understand why some might react against him

I disagree with the booing but also disagree with Gus's comments, they should have been more measured

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
If players put in zero effort and can't be bothered they deserve to be booed, I'm not sure if that was the case last night because I wasn't there, people pay a lot of money to watch Brighton so turning up to watch players coin it in without giving back is frustrating and people deserve to have an outlet for that

D

Deleted member 18477

Am I the only one who didn't actually hear any boos apart from when the ref walked off?

This is all so OTT.

Barnes was well shit though.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
I'm sure the booing was at the ref for a few wrong decisions (or so it looked from where i was sat) ie not showing reds or giving clear freekicks etc

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I didn't boo last night, but am quite disappointed that Poyet thinks it is ok to talk about our supporters like that to be honest.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why does Poyet have to publicly get involved he just keeps getting it wrong, it's of my opinion everyone on the Southstand booed at the ref not his team and tactics.

It's not all about you Poyet.

What's he going do if a minority chant Poyet out one day, leave the club the next day.

:nono:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I didn't boo last night, but am quite disappointed that Poyet thinks it is ok to talk about our supporters like that to be honest.

Absolutely ... I wasn't there but reading through a number of threads it seems like the booing was aimed at the ref, whatever it's unclear at best, so for Gus to react like that is pretty poor

D

Deleted User X18H

Well if he wasnt such a idiot on team selection then there would be no reason for the booing im affraid.

What was idiotic? Greer has been carrying an injury. Gus said a few weeks ago David (Gonzalez) will get his chance with a few games to go if we are not really in contention. Vicente felt unwell on Monday night and Navarro was rested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here