Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Argus, you numpties

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bring on the CRUSTY UNWASHED brown trousered sandal wearing tree huggers on site anytime soon then... We can all go and make them shit themselves by throwing bars of soap at them!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
falmer2.gif

I can only assume this 'Copse' car park is the one closest to Village Way and I'm f***ed if there is 'ancient woodland' there.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Bring on the CRUSTY UNWASHED brown trousered sandal wearing tree huggers on site anytime soon then... We can all go and make them shit themselves by throwing bars of soap at them!

Its so long snce we've had someone we can go and have a bloody good rant at, this could be just the thing. Bring em on!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No mention of the ancient and far bigger woodland that was demolished to build the Brighton by-pass then?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Though from what I read the spaces are not for us, they are to replace Brighton Uni ones that they are losing on land that they are giving us.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
This is a total non-story. The Uni car park, on the left as you drive into the Uni, is being extended (to compensate for spaces being taken out by the stadium). What looks like about 3 small trees from over 100 will be cut down to make way for the extension. Martin Perry is currently on annual leave, but as soon as we can make contact, we may put an official statement out clarifying the position.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
"Brighton and Hove Albion will demolish part of an ancient woodland for the next stage of work at the new Falmer Stadium."??? Could they start it any more emotively? They make it sound like the playing staff themselves are going up there armed with chainsaws and shredders.

FFS - who's got editorial control there? Are they a friend of the club or an enemy? From my biased point of view, any bollocks about 'balance' can be f***ed right off - get behind the club or don't come and report on the games, you splitters. They're quite happy to splash the club all over front or back page when it suits them - let's see how they'd react to being told they can't come to Falmer to report on the games unless they park their cars on that very car park. I suspect they'd put their morals to one side then.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a total non-story. The Uni car park, on the left as you drive into the Uni, is being extended (to compensate for spaces being taken out by the stadium). What looks like about 3 small trees from over 100 will be cut down to make way for the extension. Martin Perry is currently on annual leave, but as soon as we can make contact, we may put an official statement out clarifying the position.

3 trees....you vandalising bastards

BLOOM OUT!!!

:angel:

PS He is on holiday...leave the poor bugger alone to enjoy his time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thanks for the info Insider... as soon as i saw read the article i thought what ancient wood, do they mean the one where there is already a car park? is it even ancient or modern copse plantation (as the name suggests...)

looking at the Google map stattelite it occurs to me its extending the existing car park to 61 spaces, because there aren't that many spaces "around an area of the campus which the university will hand over " other than that car park itself.

have to laugh at the nimby green numb nut responces. they've clearly never been there and have no idea.

someone needs to highlight on the argus comments that the spaces arent actually for the stadium but the college. amazing how a sensationalist headline and ignorance combines to give a completly different story, anyone who actually read the story could have worked this out.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A crusty invasion could spell the end of our club.
We can fairly safely say there isn't a 'crew' we haven't run away from, over the years.

Hey, we're lovers not fighters.

But for our 'hardcore & yoof development squad' (whose name escapes me), to be seen running away from Shaggy weilding nothing more than a pair of baggy, stained y-fronts. We might as well kiss goodbye to the club, as we'd never be able to hold our heads up, again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That was a quick amendment to the story...........

In a message posted on the Albion fans chatroom website North Stand Chat, a club insider said: "About three small trees from over 100 will be cut down to make way for the extension.

"Martin Perry (Albion's chief executive) is currently on annual leave, but as soon as we can make contact we may put an official statement out clarifying the position."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
3 trees , the Argus story makes it look like a whole forest was going to be felled.:rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just goes to prove that NSC provides the Argus with the news :lol:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Wouldn't it be a good idea to pin this cracking piece of journalism on the journalist concerned? It's the sort of sensationalist crap that the Argus has continued to peddle since the stadium was first mooted :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here