Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Argus, you numpties

Apart from the way the Argus handled the story, I'm irritated by the idiots who've commented on the Argus website who seem to think this is to provide parking for the stadium. It isn't. It's parking for Brighton University, to replace spaces that will be lost when the Club takes over that part of the stadium site that is currently occupied by the University.

When the proposal was originally put forward by the University, it attracted no story and no comments. Because the Albion have put in the planning application, all of a sudden this is news.

The application was submitted to the City Council on 22 January 2009, so it's not even fresh news. It was considered and approved by the Planning Committee as a "minor application" on Wednesday. That's the end of the matter.

Even the notoriously NIMBY South Downs Society wrote to the City Council saying that they had no objection to the proposal, provided the landscaping improvements proposed by the applicant were implemented.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Nice one:

This is great news. There's enough trees elsewhere, who cares about the poxy environment anyway when you're swapping it for such a wonderful piece of architecture. Besides if you want to see a nature reserve, pop down to Withdean! Go bulldozers, Go!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Well the article certainly hasn't pulled up any trees.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We should all pay tribute to nature when we go to Falmer, by going there naked.
I thought kicking someone in the head is more your thing?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Apart from the way the Argus handled the story, I'm irritated by the idiots who've commented on the Argus website who seem to think this is to provide parking for the stadium. It isn't. It's parking for Brighton University, to replace spaces that will be lost when the Club takes over that part of the stadium site that is currently occupied by the University.

Keep up, this was clarified on page 1.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I know the primary use for those car parks is the university, but are we not sharing them on matchdays?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What sort of idiot journalist writes a piece like this without contacting the developers' of the site for comment?

The fact that the piece was then updated with a statement from an internet chat forum, rather than by contacting the club's very accessible media department direct tells us all we needs to know about the standards of the Argus reporting. An utter disregard for balance in the quest for an exaggerated, misleading top line. Absolute rubbish.

It seems they were even too lazy this time to contact any of the 'rent- a-gobs' who'd usually work themselves into a lather over something like this. Or maybe even they had nothing to say for once, realizing it's a complete non-story.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What sort of idiot journalist writes a piece like this without contacting the developers' of the site for comment?

The fact that the piece was then updated with a statement from an internet chat forum, rather than by contacting the club's very accessible media department direct tells us all we needs to know about the standards of the Argus reporting. An utter disregard for balance in the quest for an exaggerated, misleading top line. Absolute rubbish.

It seems they were even too lazy this time to contact any of the 'rent- a-gobs' who'd usually work themselves into a lather over something like this. Or maybe even they had nothing to say for once, realizing it's a complete non-story.

He probably didn't contact them because he realise doing so would prove his story to be total bollocks about nothing.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Embarrassing effort from the Argus this.

Really disappointing to see such unbelievably lazy sensationalist journalism.

They should be trying to bolster their reputation during this time of economic downturn, not destroy it, alienating large sections of their readership

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The story may have been amended on the Argus website but no amending follow up in today's printed paper. So there will be many out there who still beleve that an ancient woodland is being cut down for the new stadium.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Makes me mad's what it does

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
According to today's Argus, the Albion have ions in the fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here