Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I believe the adequacy of the accommodation is in dispute. But as I say, I need to read further.

I spent quite a bit of time in service accommodation,it is perfectly functional .I had to pay to stay there. The greatest freedom of any democracy is the freedom to leave, if the fellows are unhappy with the free accommodation that has been provided by the UK taxpayer then perhaps they would be happier returning to the war ravaged EU.
This my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are they not allowed to do that then?

Of course they are..

My own view is that if I were seeking asylum in fear of my life, I would be only too willing to accept all help possible without biting the hand that feeds me.

Or even setting alight to it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I spent quite a bit of time in service accommodation,it is perfectly functional .I had to pay to stay there. The greatest freedom of any democracy is the freedom to leave, if the fellows are unhappy with the free accommodation that has been provided by the UK taxpayer then perhaps they would be happier returning to the war ravaged EU.
This my opinion.

It’s a bit more complex than that. But as you say, it’s your opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course they are..

My own view is that if I were seeking asylum in fear of my life, I would be only too willing to accept all help possible without biting the hand that feeds me.

You seem to think these people need to just get in the barracks, sit down, accept any conditions and keep their mouths shut. Like grateful little foreigners.

I work with vulnerable women. We sometimes have to put them into our safe-houses. We try and make them as homely and comfortable as possible. They are not just three hots and a cot. These people are afraid for their lives and fleeing dangerous situations.
Should they just accept any old place with unending gratitude?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You seem to think these people need to just get in the barracks, sit down, accept any conditions and keep their mouths shut. Like grateful little foreigners.

I work with vulnerable women. We sometimes have to put them into our safe-houses. We try and make them as homely and comfortable as possible. They are not just three hots and a cot. These people are afraid for their lives and fleeing dangerous situations.
Should they just accept any old place with unending gratitude?

No, you're right.

I'm wrong.

Next time I feel like I'm badly treated, whether it be my bank or BHA, I'll commit arson.

The future does look rosey, doesn't it?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No, you're right.

I'm wrong.

Next time I feel like I'm badly treated, whether it be my bank or BHA, I'll commit arson.

The future does look rosey, doesn't it?

It could catch on (pardon the pun) next road trip I go on, if I don’t like the service in a restaurant,having passed through several safe countries to get there ,I may torch the gaff. Difference being I would have paid for the food myself.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Are they not allowed to do that then?

That’s not how humans work I’m afraid.

If I was in a situation where my country was so bad I sought safety in another country, different culture, different language and they provided me with a bed and food, I’d probably sit down and accept the conditions like a grateful foreigner knowing that it was a hell of a lot better than what I left behind ( Apparently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Very thoughtful of the ACG -(Anarchist Communist Group) to get involved with the Napier barracks situation and agree with KRAN and demand the asylum seekers are moved out of secure accommodation and housed in communities instead.
Not much hope of that when even the supporters of KRAN like clampy (see post #1) think they should be housed in secure accommodation.

oh yeah......and racism

"Kent Refugee Action Network have said that they look forward to all the residents of the Napier Barracks site being moved out. And we in the ACG feel the same way and would just like to echo what else they said, which is that:
They are not criminals, and need to be housed in communities where they can receive the support they need.
We absolutely agree with that.
Don’t be conned by racist lies and racist propaganda, don’t see other people in an inhuman way and allow vulnerable people to be treated inhumanely."

https://www.anarchistcommunism.org/2021/01/25/napier-barracks-update/

Jan 30, 2008
Very thoughtful of the ACG -(Anarchist Communist Group) to get involved with the Napier barracks situation and agree with KRAN and demand the asylum seekers are moved out of secure accommodation and housed in communities instead.
Not much hope of that when even the supporters of KRAN like clampy (see post #1) think they should be housed in secure accommodation.

oh yeah......and racism

"Kent Refugee Action Network have said that they look forward to all the residents of the Napier Barracks site being moved out. And we in the ACG feel the same way and would just like to echo what else they said, which is that:
They are not criminals, and need to be housed in communities where they can receive the support they need.
We absolutely agree with that.
Don’t be conned by racist lies and racist propaganda, don’t see other people in an inhuman way and allow vulnerable people to be treated inhumanely."

https://www.anarchistcommunism.org/2021/01/25/napier-barracks-update/
Who needs friends when you 've got people like this ,totally out of touch of the real world , ILLEGAL TIME WASTERS NOT WANTED IN THE UK
regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m glad most Brits didn’t have the same attitude between 1933 and 1945. Pretty shameful. How quickly you have forgotten.

Jan 30, 2008
[QUO2TE=The Clamp;9717043]I’m glad most Brits didn’t have the same attitude between 1933 and 1945. Pretty shameful. How quickly you have forgotten.[/QUOTE]

There weren't boat loads of time wasters making illegal crossings of the English channel and the barracks housed the armed forces
How times have changed
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Despite me being the OP, I wish the mods would lock this thread now. It's become an embarrassment. It's just a place for some pretty foul, racist posters to air their bile. Enjoy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Despite me being the OP, I wish the mods would lock this thread now. It's become an embarrassment. It's just a place for some pretty foul, racist posters to air their bile. Enjoy.

I’m pretty certain that when you started this thread you had no idea it would turn ugly, of course not, that’s not what you’re all about right, so perhaps in future it’s probably best you avoid starting controversial threads on subjects such as this as I’d hate for you to be considered a shit stirrer or worse.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m pretty certain that when you started this thread you had no idea it would turn ugly, of course not, that’s not what you’re all about right, so perhaps in future it’s probably best you avoid starting controversial threads on subjects such as this as I’d hate for you to be considered a shit stirrer or worse.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.. Priceless. Absolutely hilarious. :lolol::lolol:

Nice one Chick, that's genuinely made me chuckle. Oh well done indeed. You couldn't have timed it better. :bowdown::lolol::lolol::lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

nah ....off it to the bear pit so you can carry on ad infinitum , juxtapositional debate is no reason to lock a thread .....you are glad to welcome thousands of refugees from completely different cultures into the country , others are not ................it doesn't work , it never has and it never will anywhere on the planet , some cultures can abide each other and get along fine , most can't , fact of life .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
nah ....off it to the bear pit so you can carry on ad infinitum , juxtapositional debate is no reason to lock a thread .....you are glad to welcome thousands of refugees from completely different cultures into the country , others are not ................it doesn't work , it never has and it never will anywhere on the planet , some cultures can abide each other and get along fine , most can't , fact of life .

That is not my experience at all. I don't think you could be further from the truth. I suppose it depends on one's attitude to other people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here