Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Your earlier post was not that specific though...

Quote 'Cant say i have ever seen photos in the press of people having placards saying Asylum Seekers always welcome.
Their placards tend to reference Refugees not Asylum Seekers'.

I think my response meets this criteria (although as you say they don't say 'always')

eachother.org is hardly "press" and 2013 when Australia was having a quite specific discussion against the hardline Labor and Liberal policies on asylum seekers is hardly relevant to today in this country.
Im fairly certain you are not that stupid to realise the request is why are people here not waving asylum seekers welcome placards and instead tend to focus on refugees placards.

Surely if you are one of those happy for an influx of asylum seekers coming here and crossing numerous safe countries using people smugglers then you would be waving one of those placards at Folkestone or Dover instead of refugee ones.............where are they all?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
eachother.org is hardly "press" and 2013 when Australia was having a quite specific discussion against the hardline Labor and Liberal policies on asylum seekers is hardly relevant to today in this country.
Im fairly certain you are not that stupid to realise the request is why are people here not waving asylum seekers welcome placards and instead tend to focus on refugees placards.

Surely if you are one of those happy for an influx of asylum seekers coming here and crossing numerous safe countries using people smugglers then you would be waving one of those placards at Folkestone or Dover instead of refugee ones.............where are they all?

There you go.
Making things up again.
I have not expressed a view on this matter and I recognise the difference between 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers'- I just responded directly to your earlier message. It seemed to be inviting some images of people with 'Asylum seekers welcome' placards. Grant you the press bit may be debatable but it was an image being used by British Institutions in the media and is accessible to anyone on the internet.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There you go.
Making things up again.
I have not expressed a view on this matter and I recognise the difference between 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers'- I just responded directly to your earlier message. It seemed to be inviting some images of people with 'Asylum seekers welcome' placards. Grant you the press bit may be debatable but it was an image being used by British Institutions in the media.

Why are British institutions using images from Australian protests. Bit short of images of people actually here waving asylum seekers welcome?
Let me know when you find one, there must be at least one out there. Perhaps the majority of British people are not that keen after all in being enablers for encouraging asylum seekers to come here however they can, even though a very tiny clique are and are trying to persuade others to sign up to their worldview.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why are British institutions using images from Australian protests. Bit short of images of people actually here waving asylum seekers welcome?
Let me know when you find one, there must be at least one out there. Perhaps the majority of British people are not that keen after all in being enablers for encouraging asylum seekers to come here however they can, even though a very tiny clique are and are trying to persuade others to sign up to their worldview.

Maybe
Maybe not
I don't know.
Neither do you.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Maybe
Maybe not
I don't know.
Neither do you.

The lack of images showing people here waving asylum seekers welcome placards would suggest there is a lack of images to use showing people here waving asylum seekers welcome placards.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The lack of images showing people here waving asylum seekers welcome placards would suggest there is a lack of images to use showing people here waving asylum seekers welcome placards.

So that's a maybe as I observed, but it isn't worth basing a political assertion on - and probably not worth debating at all.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thanks for the rancour free discussion. I look forward to others another time.
Opinions are fine, but guesswork can cause a bit of trouble.

Its fair to say there doesn’t seem to be much support for asylum seekers getting here however they can through numerous safe countries using people smugglers. There doesn’t seem to be widespread support for that even though a handful of idiots try to make out otherwise. That certainly isnt guesswork at all, just an observation that there is a lack of evidence of people openly supporting it.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Its fair to say there doesn’t seem to be much support for asylum seekers getting here however they can through numerous safe countries using people smugglers. There doesn’t seem to be widespread support for that even though a handful of idiots try to make out otherwise. That certainly isnt guesswork at all, just an observation that there is a lack of evidence of people openly supporting it.

Legal immigration is necessary for any global economy like we have in the UK, Illegal immigration only encourages people smuggling and modern day slavery, anyone wishing to come and enrich our community and contribute to our society must do so legally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Fair enough; that wasn't the guesswork I was referring to anyway.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Legal immigration is necessary for any global economy like we have in the UK, Illegal immigration only encourages people smuggling and modern day slavery, anyone wishing to come and enrich our community and contribute to our society must do so legally.

What an ideal world that would be. Never gonna happen so let’s treat them with dignity, compassion and respect. Surely you’d go along with that?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
What an ideal world that would be. Never gonna happen so let’s treat them with dignity, compassion and respect. Surely you’d go along with that?

That’s right,if you enter the country illegally you should be treated with compassion and dignity,in turn you should act accordingly,setting fire to perfectly adequate accommodation that has been provided at the expense of the UK taxpayer is never going to endear you to the hand that feeds you, entering the UK illegally should not be rewarded with permanent residency, that will in turn make entering the UK legally pointless .
This is my opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As I understand it, food, shelter and security was provided before it was unfortunately set on fire.

What was amiss?

I believe there have been issues with overcrowding and such. I’ve not had a chance to read this particular story yet so don’t wish to comment in depth. I’ll have a look in a bit.

My initial reaction is that people who are being treated well don’t normally set fire to their accommodation. But I’ll have a look. Maybe they are all just ungrateful, raging, madman who like to burn shit. Could be.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That’s right,if you enter the country illegally you should be treated with compassion and dignity,in turn you should act accordingly,setting fire to perfectly adequate accommodation that has been provided at the expense of the UK taxpayer is never going to endear you to the hand that feeds you, entering the UK illegally should not be rewarded with permanent residency, that will in turn make entering the UK legally pointless .
This is my opinion.

I believe the adequacy of the accommodation is in dispute. But as I say, I need to read further.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I believe there have been issues with overcrowding and such. I’ve not had a chance to read this particular story yet so don’t wish to comment in depth. I’ll have a look in a bit.

My initial reaction is that people who are being treated well don’t normally set fire to their accommodation. But I’ll have a look. Maybe they are all just ungrateful, raging, madman who like to burn shit. Could be.

The heart warming and reassuring element might be that, amidst a desperate and hapless situation that forces them into the mercy of a welcoming nation, time and wherewithal is found to post complaints on social media.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The heart warming and reassuring element might be that, amidst a desperate and hapless situation that forces them into the mercy of a welcoming nation, time and wherewithal is found to post complaints on social media.

Are they not allowed to do that then?

You seem to think these people need to just get in the barracks, sit down, accept any conditions and keep their mouths shut. Like grateful little foreigners.
That’s not how humans work I’m afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here