Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome back Gordon

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

What does that mean? We have by FAR the worst disciplinary record in this league(probably in the country), have already had several FA charges because of our management and now we have more important issues which have just immerged this morning.

At what point do the management start doing something about this, or acknowledging we have a problem?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Welcome back Gordon, you have been missed. There are some supporters that think you should be relegated to the bench because of your red card. I am sure that if they watched last nights game, they may have changed their minds. I for one have missed your presence in defence, as I am sure most others will have also.WELCOME BACK>

Probably the most brown nosing peice I've ever read, kissy, kissy, ....FFS.
Just wondering how short the fuse is till the next time, within the next 5 games me thinks.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Probably the most brown nosing peice I've ever read, kissy, kissy, ....FFS.
Just wondering how short the fuse is till the next time, within the next 5 games me thinks.
Massively with the OP here. He's our captain, he's class and against a team of any quality we'd miss him like hell :albion2

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Welcome back Gordon, you have been missed. There are some supporters that think you should be relegated to the bench because of your red card. I am sure that if they watched last nights game, they may have changed their minds. I for one have missed your presence in defence, as I am sure most others will have also.WELCOME BACK>

Dont thihk he should be relegated to the bench as i agree we have missed him, but thats the point isnt it we have missed him due to his stupidity. This was the third time he as done exactly the same thing and the team suffer as a consequence. I hope at least he was fined the maximum amount. I would take the captaincy from him too.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Thought my account had been hacked for a sec there. Then I saw It was Langley not Langney. Damn shit Is getting confusing. Might have to change my username.

The late Jimmy Langley was a great left back from the fifties and my all time favourite, sorry its close to your user name. I cant change it.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
The late Jimmy Langley was a great left back from the fifties and my all time favourite, sorry its close to your user name. I cant change it.

It's alright. I'll see about changing mine. After all you was here first :)

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Im amazed that no-one has picked up on the fact that Dunk is still very young and is progressing/developing nicely week by week. He isnt the finished article by a long way but i personally think he is learning the game at this level fast and is becoming a decent centre half. I play him all day long at present and its a toss up between AEA and GG to whom he partners. I think its ok to suggest the best pairings at CB but its worth remebering that dunky is still learning/developling and requires a good run in the side.

I dont belive picking Greer and El Abd together will achieve anything, although both have performed well of late.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
After last night's performance by the defence the capt. should come straight back in. The 2 fullbacks at times were run ragged by their non-league wingers and also a right back who got forward quicker than either of ours (sign him up, IMO he won't be nonleague for long).

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
just think after last nights defensive woes, ( and 120 mins of football), with a massive game saturday, (as they all are), its time for experience and leadership, as well as fresh legs!

You could be right Pauli, but im of the opinion that we are developing a young player who certainly didnt play awfuly last night and deserves his place in the starting eleven. Dunky has been pretty consistent this year and for a very young lad is beginning to prove himself a worthy CB at Championship level.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
You could be right Pauli, but im of the opinion that we are developing a young player who certainly didnt play awfuly last night and deserves his place in the starting eleven. Dunky has been pretty consistent this year and for a very young lad is beginning to prove himself a worthy CB at Championship level.[/QU

Last edited:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
You could be right Pauli, but im of the opinion that we are developing a young player who certainly didnt play awfuly last night and deserves his place in the starting eleven. Dunky has been pretty consistent this year and for a very young lad is beginning to prove himself a worthy CB at Championship level.

yep, agree, and certainly not suggesting he should be dropped because of form, just thinking of saturdays game. i think between gg, aea, and dunky, we have a bloody good trio of cb's to choose 2 from. certainly no complaints with any 2 of those 3. just think gus might change it around a bit for the posh :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here