Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome back Gordon

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Probably the most brown nosing peice I've ever read, kissy, kissy, ....FFS.
Just wondering how short the fuse is till the next time, within the next 5 games me thinks.

He has been sent off twice with us - at the beginning of last season and again this month - based on current averages his next dismissal is due in early October. Until then he is our most competent all round defender and a massive influence on our ability to move the ball forward from the back

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Yep, looking forward to our captain, and best player, returning on Saturday. Gordon Greer= Good Scotsman (albeit one prone to occasional acts of violence - he cannae help it!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disagree on this, I'm afraid. I agree that Hall, and Dunk did not look comfortable last night, but El Abd and Dunk is another matter entirely. Calderon looks knackered and may need a rest. I don't think Greer should just return to the squad straight away. He was a foolish impetuous Scot, and he should be made to earn his slot back.

Some good points.
Is it possible that other the great goal last Sat', Calderon is just not very good at defending, especially at Champ' level?

Darren Ferguson, Alan Pardew, and Freedman would have taken note in their plans!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He has been sent off twice with us - at the beginning of last season and again this month - based on current averages his next dismissal is due in early October. Until then he is our most competent all round defender and a massive influence on our ability to move the ball forward from the back

First game back = 1 yellow card, seems like my "next ban in 5 games' prediction is holding up and it was also for 'unsporting behaviour' surprise , surprise.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
plus it was a "tit for tat" booking - the ref had just booked one of theirs (Tomlin I think, who how he lasted the 90 minutes I don't know) and felt the need as they so ofetn do, to "even things up" - not really justified IMO

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
First game back = 1 yellow card, seems like my "next ban in 5 games' prediction is holding up and it was also for 'unsporting behaviour' surprise , surprise.

NOT TAKING ME UP ON THE BET THEN. Obviously no confidence in your prediction, otherwise you would have snapped it up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I don't know why it says unsporting behaviour but he was booked for a foul when a player was running at our defence. To be honest, I thought he might have got the ball but even if he didn't, he had to stop the player somehow. It is called taking one for the team as we were short of numbers at the back. Also, you do realise that Lewis Dunk has ten bookings this season and El Abd already has three (I think) having missed most of the season to date. Should we drop them all?

I find it really funny that people can have such strong opinions on things when they don't actually see them. I would say that Gordon Greer is a candidate for player of the season at the moment and our defence looks much stronger with him in there.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I don't know why it says unsporting behaviour but he was booked for a foul when a player was running at our defence. To be honest, I thought he might have got the ball but even if he didn't, he had to stop the player somehow. It is called taking one for the team as we were short of numbers at the back. Also, you do realise that Lewis Dunk has ten bookings this season and El Abd already has three (I think) having missed most of the season to date. Should we drop them all?

I find it really funny that people can have such strong opinions on things when they don't actually see them. I would say that Gordon Greer is a candidate for player of the season at the moment and our defence looks much stronger with him in there.

Totally agree with this. How someone who lives the other side of the world can comment on something they haven't seen is beyond me! Greer has his moments but IMHO has been superb for team this year.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Your clearly a moron

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep, just the kind of blinkered answer I expected.

That is a funny response from a man who has written up yours as his response to two people on this thread. I see you ignored my correction of what Greer got booked for. I take it you won't be taking back your ridiculous comments then. Or will you just reply up yours again?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
That is a funny response from a man who has written up yours as his response to two people on this thread. I see you ignored my correction of what Greer got booked for. I take it you won't be taking back your ridiculous comments then. Or will you just reply up yours again?

I read your thread and was mildly amused with the line, 'he had to stop him somehow', yes, once skill and ability are exhausted that just leaves violence I suppose.:facepalm:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I read your thread and was mildly amused with the line, 'he had to stop him somehow', yes, once skill and ability are exhausted that just leaves violence I suppose.:facepalm:

Do you not appreciate that sometimes defenders have to foul an opponent to stop them breaking forward in numbers on a counter attack? All central defenders have to do it, Dunk has done it, AEA had done it, Hall will have to do it. It is called taking one for the team.

Greer brings so much to our team in terms of helping us to play the way we do, in terms of organisation, keeping a defensive line and he is easily our best set piece defender. These are the kind of things which you probably do not notice living so far away and only getting to see a few games on the tv, but Greer is in the top 3 of our most important players and I don't know if its because your anti-scottish or just stupid as to why you can't see this. But he is. end of discussion

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Do you not appreciate that sometimes defenders have to foul an opponent to stop them breaking forward in numbers on a counter attack? All central defenders have to do it, Dunk has done it, AEA had done it, Hall will have to do it. It is called taking one for the team.

Greer brings so much to our team in terms of helping us to play the way we do, in terms of organisation, keeping a defensive line and he is easily our best set piece defender. These are the kind of things which you probably do not notice living so far away and only getting to see a few games on the tv, but Greer is in the top 3 of our most important players and I don't know if its because your anti-scottish or just stupid as to why you can't see this. But he is. end of discussion

Having played for quite a time in a similar position at varying levels I fully understand how a defence has to work, funny, I don't ever remember resorting to violence to get the job done.
I am not anti any nation as you suggest and unlike you do not resort to childish name calling, I don't waste time on those who do; so run along.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having played for quite a time in a similar position at varying levels I fully understand how a defence has to work, funny, I don't ever remember resorting to violence to get the job done.
I am not anti any nation as you suggest and unlike you do not resort to childish name calling, I don't waste time on those who do; so run along.

I find it odd that someone who lives the other side of the world seems to be on a one man crusade to slag off our captain when people who go to games are all saying how important he is to the side. Very odd. Also, nobody is saying he resorted to violence. He had to get a challenge in. He tried to win the ball, I thought he succeeded from where I was stood but the referee said no and booked him. I take it you never committed a foul in your time playing football then.

As for childish name calling, for a man who has resorted to saying "up yours" to two responses he does not agree with in this thread to try and take the moral high ground is frankly hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here