Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest things you've eaten

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eastlondonseagull said:
:lolol:

Frightening how much dog meat is available over there, though. In Laos, their dogs aren't pets, they're livestock. And when they're working life is over (hunting etc) the people kill and eat the dogs too.

stop it!

I'd never go to any of those countries just for the simple fact they are barbaric :(

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Race said:
stop it!

I'd never go to any of those countries just for the simple fact they are barbaric :(
I would never eat dog or cat or guinea pig, cos to me they're pets. But to the tribes people (especially) in Laos, dogs are not pets. Full stop. We just have difficulty seeing their point of view cos of our Western standards and ideals.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Animals are not ours to eat, wear or experiment on. :angry:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eastlondonseagull said:
I would never eat dog or cat or guinea pig, cos to me they're pets. But to the tribes people (especially) in Laos, dogs are not pets. Full stop. We just have difficulty seeing their point of view cos of our Western standards and ideals.

For me its the fact that a lot of these places/ppl treat animals so appallingly and they arent killed humanely, its horrible.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Race said:
For me its the fact that a lot of these places/ppl treat animals so appallingly and they arent killed humanely, its horrible.
Can't comment on that tbh. But there was a TV show on the Beeb tonight where some bloke went into the African bush, and hung out with the Masai Mara. They killed a goat for food, and he says killed it extremely humanely. To them, the fact that it gave them sustinence meant it was a holy animal and should be treated well. Interesting point he made.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
fatboy said:
Animals are not ours to eat, wear or experiment on. :angry:

They are when I've paid for my sirloin steak in Tesco.

Not exactly food but when pissed once I ate a cigarette.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is why I won't eat veal, there used to be a farm in Storrington that did it, you could walk past and hear the calves mooing from inside this big shed, I decided then that it was wrong to keep them like that and decided never to eat that type of meat.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Gully said:
That is why I won't eat veal, there used to be a farm in Storrington that did it, you could walk past and hear the calves mooing from inside this big shed, I decided then that it was wrong to keep them like that and decided never to eat that type of meat.
Frois grois (spelling?) is wrong imo because of the way they force-feed the geese to make their livers fat and 'tastier'. That's just plain wrong.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eastlondonseagull said:
Can't comment on that tbh. But there was a TV show on the Beeb tonight where some bloke went into the African bush, and hung out with the Masai Mara. They killed a goat for food, and he says killed it extremely humanely. To them, the fact that it gave them sustinence meant it was a holy animal and should be treated well. Interesting point he made.

That sort of i thing i can deal with, just. Its the countries/ppl where they skin animals alive, and torture them before boiling them etc, and like you said, cutting organs out of snakes while they are still alive, thats just wrong.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Race said:
That sort of i thing i can deal with, just. Its the countries/ppl where they skin animals alive, and torture them before boiling them etc, and like you said, cutting organs out of snakes while they are still alive, thats just wrong.
Fairplay Race.

The bloke did snap the snake's 'neck' first, before skinning it etc, but I did wonder whether it was actually dead or not. He said the writhing around was just a reflex action, I dunno. Still, I know what you mean.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How do you know where the snakes neck is?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eastlondonseagull said:
Fairplay Race.

The bloke did snap the snake's 'neck' first, before skinning it etc, but I did wonder whether it was actually dead or not. He said the writhing around was just a reflex action, I dunno. Still, I know what you mean.

I'm just a sucker for ickle furry animals :D.....and we have got a residant rodent living in the garden at the moment and Tank cant wait to exterminate it! and I dont even like the thought of killing that, even though is has destroyed my plants and it sends my dog absolutely doo-lally!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Race said:
I'm just a sucker for ickle furry animals :D.....and we have got a residant rodent living in the garden at the moment and Tank cant wait to exterminate it! and I dont even like the thought of killing that, even though is has destroyed my plants and it sends my dog absolutely doo-lally!
Me too, Race, I love cats with a passion and there's a fox burrow (?) in my back garden, a whole family of them I think.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
We used to get foxes on the bridleway behind our house all the time and deer, but not anymore. I used to get into major rucks with the pikeys that tethered their horses up the road too because they never had water and they were always left to bake in the heat, oh that makes me soooo mad! I have even rescued a baby squirrel from my dog and took it to the RSPCA!!!

I even feed the birds and provide them with water and shelter!!! You name it they land in my garden! (although some nasty looking Hawk type thing does lurk eyeballing my guinea pigs) I have Robins nesting in my garden every year as I give them such luxury accomodation! Bit sad I know.............actually Tank calls me Dr Doolittle!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Race said:
Bit sad I know.............actually Tank calls me Dr Doolittle!
Fairplay, you should hear me talking to my cats. Right nutter. But they understand. Shout "kids!" out the back door and they come legging it. Getting two from a cat rescue centre next week, mum and daughter, can't bloody wait.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eastlondonseagull said:
Fairplay, you should hear me talking to my cats. Right nutter. But they understand. Shout "kids!" out the back door and they come legging it. Getting two from a cat rescue centre next week, mum and daughter, can't bloody wait.

:lolol: My dogs are my babies!

You sound like my mate, always rescuing cats or bringing home ferrell kittens from the stables! cant say I'm mad on cats although she used have a big fluffy persian thing that was quite funny and I thought I would quite like one...........until she told me it had to go the vet to be sedated every time it needed bloody grooming! Balls to that!

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Balut, from Philippines is an unhatched chick and you have to suck the putrid slime from the egg first and then swallow the chick feathers and all.
NEVER again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here