Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest things you've eaten

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
while I don't really want to eat some things I don't have any problem with other people eating whatever the hell they like. Just cos it's not the 'done thing' in the UK doesn't make it wrong in the slightest. Unless you're a vegetarian I suppose.

Snails are weird, whatever french word they're dressed up in. Scallops always looked dodgy as well, when my parents slurped the shitty things down.

I bet we've all eaten LOADS of cockroaches, even though we didn't realise it at the time. At least they're usually cooked through, so aren't as CRUNCHY

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have eaten (a very small amount of ) pickled pig's head, a Cypriot delicacy, served whole with tongue in place and hairs sticking out of its head. Deeply unpleasant and visually disturbing.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
eastlondonseagull said:
Frois grois (spelling?) is wrong imo because of the way they force-feed the geese to make their livers fat and 'tastier'. That's just plain wrong.

Damn nice though. Cuy (Guinea Pig) was suprisingly good as well; very rich, although not a great deal of meat.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
NMH said:
Where do you keep them, are they well fed, and do you think they may need marinating ?

Everything in this house is well fed! :lolol: :lolol:

Stumpy Tim

Looks like I'm the only one who has eaten dog then. It was in Vietnam & came in three guises:

1. Grilled - not bad, bit like ham
2. Fried, probably the best of the lot
3. Stewed - absolutely revolting

Below is a picture of me, my guide & two mates tucking in!

I've also had reindeer, Snake wine, kangaroo, emu & crocodile

ADSCF0060.JPG

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Stumpy Tim said:
Looks like I'm the only one who has eaten dog then. It was in Vietnam & came in three guises:

1. Grilled - not bad, bit like ham
2. Fried, probably the best of the lot
3. Stewed - absolutely revolting

Below is a picture of me, my guide & two mates tucking in!

I've also had reindeer, Snake wine, kangaroo, emu & crocodile

ADSCF0060.JPG

you have eaten dog :ohmy: nooooooooooo thats horrible!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Lord Bracknell said:
Thrushes. They are very fond of them in Italy, although they won't eat pigeons.

Delicious.

:ohmy: you have eaten ickle dickie birds?............mind u there cant be much left of them to eat once they have been plucked and roasted?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I had a McDonalds once. Never going to do that shit again:lolol:

I have eaten Guinea Pig which was nice, Goat which was really tough and dry, Kangaroo which had a weird taste that I did not like and Guinea fowl which is absolutely fantastic.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
wasnt an animal but a strange concoction made by my little brother. like when u mix all your drinks and then kid yourself that it tastes nice, this was a mixture of all the foods in the cupbored and then i ate some to prove to him that it was disgusting....though the next morning i believe the substances emerging from my body would have proved this to anyone. :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
wasnt an animal but a strange concoction made by my little brother. like when u mix all your drinks and then kid yourself that it tastes nice, this was a mixture of all the foods in the cupbored and then i ate some to prove to him that it was disgusting....though the next morning i believe the substances emerging from my body would have proved this to anyone. :lolol:

My mate once ate angel delight mixed with dog food and glue. Not very nice apparently.

Race said:
:ohmy: you have eaten ickle dickie birds?............mind u there cant be much left of them to eat once they have been plucked and roasted?
The traditional recipe from Montalcino -

Pluck the feathers, squeeze out the contents of the innards, skewer the bird, add sausages to the skewer, roast over a wood fire until done. Eat whole, bones and all. Some people throw the head away. Nobody eats the legs and feet, and the lead shot is probably best spat out.

Yoghurt? Certainly not. A fine bottle of Brunello di Montalcino will suffice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went to Oz last year and dined on Tasmanian Tiger. Not a lot of meat on it, but absolutely delicious! Unfortunately when I went back to the same restaurant the next day, it was off the menu. Not seen it anywhere since. Does anybody know of any supplier in the BN1 area?

_1162453_tas_tiger300.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here