Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a striker or 2- how about?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Everyones going craaaazy about Lua Lua and yes i'd like the guy back, but im getting concerned about out lightweight attacking options.

With one real decent act at this club at the moment, am I the only one thinking we need more than one.

Ashley Barnes, Id love to be the answer to partner Murray...but see him as an impact player off the bench.

That leaves us very very short and our bench looks threadbare in this area even without injuries.....what i'd give now to have a Forster and Barnes combo sat on our bench on a saturday.

Im confused at why weve struggled to get anyone in, overpriced players, loyalty or lack of money on our front...not sure whats gone on.

It looks as if its been a sight of desperation on our side as we look at norweigen 2nd div players!

Theres decent strikers out there as shown below, to name but a few....why not go for them Gus?

Adam Le fondre
Nathan Tyson
Luciono Bechio
Marlon King
Theo Robinson

I know we need to get the right player and not rush into anything, but the season starts saturday and Gus must be frustrated for whatever reason at out lack of activity in this area.

The longer this situation goes on, the more I think Gus will turn to an area I dont think he wanted to and thats a loaney.

I can see a random prem youngster from say arsenal,spurs coming in if we cannot get a permenant deal going.

How many more threads saying exactly the same thing, on exactly the same subject, can there be ! Nothing will change....and all the same names that are banded around here, have not arrived for a reason... League 1 ..and the wages .

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
How many more threads saying exactly the same thing, on exactly the same subject, can there be ! Nothing will change....and all the same names that are banded around here, have not arrived for a reason... League 1 ..and the wages .

Until the situation sorts itself out, the problem isnt going way is it and therefore will be addressed time and time again.

Were sat around with a box of tissues and some lube at the thought of Lua Lua joining but the striker issue is paramount also, as that was labeled as one of the key areas we wanted to strengthen.

Its not nailed on it is the wages, especially if were going for players like Le Fondre of Rotheram.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Weather people think we need to sign two strikers and a goalkeeper or not Gus has already said that he wants to sign 3 players, a left back, a left midfielder and a striker and in my opinion we don't need anymore than that. As for the players to get in for those positions, a young left back from the Prem, Lua Lua and Bechio would do nicely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Joel Grant from Crewe has always impressed me. Left wing/striker....10 goals last season.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I still even think Becchio is not realistic because we would not be able to pay his wages.

Brett Pitman has always interested me and is a proven scorer.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Will caskey start to feature a bit more this year?

Might be a bit too soon for him. We've got a lot of quality in central midfield now so he will find it hard to get in the first team. I certainly think we'll see a few appearances from him from the bench this season though.
The JPT would be a good opportunity to give him a starting place.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seeing the threads about Caskey captaining the under 17s just made me throw his name in the ring here.

Which then makes me think: What about George Barker? (Baker?) Would it be too soon to use him when Murray/Barnes/Holroyd/Hart/New Signing are unavailable/out of form? If not, perhaps we only need one, regardless of my previous comments about Hart's role.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He and dunk had a collision, El-Abd was kept out of the Aberdeen game as a precaution to avoid risking the cut re-opening. You're right, he'll be fine.
I think you will find it was Cook that collided with El-Abd. See the team pic (Cook is the one with the black eye!)

Matty Fryatt unlikely but you never know

I think we do know!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you will find it was Cook that collided with El-Abd. See the team pic (Cook is the one with the black eye!)

You must be misreading my post. I clearly say cook. Perhaps you have a unique form of dyslexia. ( :wink: :blush: )

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Le Fondre
Chris Porter
Luke Varney
Danny Graham
James Hayter
Gregorz Rasiak

I also think we should have another look at Steven Gillespie who went to Colchester when we were interested, im sure they'd accept to take a loss on him.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Until the situation sorts itself out, the problem isnt going way is it and therefore will be addressed time and time again.

Were sat around with a box of tissues and some lube at the thought of Lua Lua joining but the striker issue is paramount also, as that was labeled as one of the key areas we wanted to strengthen.

Its not nailed on it is the wages, especially if were going for players like Le Fondre of Rotheram.

Maybe, but its still very very dull....why not go to an earlier thread on the same subject and just add to that !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here