Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a new left back........

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Ok, so everyone was hoping and almost expecting Joe Mattock to sign on for us and with Marcos Painter currently our only left back, if we want to have any chance of promotion we need a new left back. Any thoughts on who we could sign? We've talked about Nicky Shorey and Ignasi Miquel but does anyone have any better knowledge?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I have'nt said anything before now, because i know how it always ends so don't bite my head off.

But, my best mate's brother works for the club, and apparently he saw Gus and Nicky Shorey at the Amex just before the weekend.

let the roasting begin...:glare:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Not read that Shorey has gone anywhere else, so it's possible. We definitely need a left back and he would be a good signing; and another free..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My only concern with Shorey is that he is no spring chicken, much like Bruno, and could only really be viewed as a short term fix.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think shorey is highly likely.

Ive started following him on twitter.

Intersting that a lot of his posts are related to keeping the ball/ possesion etc etc...

A hot topic i know at the moment, but I thought he may be aligning himself with our football philosphy already....

Clutching at straws I know...

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I refer to the Ignasi Miquel post of his Wikipedia: Apparently he signed for us today on a season long loan, it would be good if true and he could do the job at left back.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Ok, so everyone was hoping and almost expecting Joe Mattock to sign on for us and with Marcos Painter currently our only left back, if we want to have any chance of promotion we need a new left back. Any thoughts on who we could sign? We've talked about Nicky Shorey and Ignasi Miquel but does anyone have any better knowledge?

have you not seen miquels wiki page????? end of 4th paragraph!

Ignasi Miquel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What are they.....31 ?

Hardly old is it..... short term fix would be 34 yr olds....

I guess so. It looks like the plan is get the players to get us promoted then replace. I would like the Arsenal lad personally as he looks flair, but Shorey has certainly got the experience.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
have you not seen miquels wiki page????? end of 4th paragraph!

Ignasi Miquel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never mind that read the first line...
"Ignasi Miquel i Pons (born 28 September 1992 in Barcelona, Spain) is a Spanish footballer player who currently plays for English club Brighton."

Backed up by.....
"On 26/06/2012 Ignasi Miguel signed for championship football club , Brighton & Hove Albion F.C on season long loan."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wikipedia isn't editable by all and sundry is it!?

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Am I the only one that thought Vincelot actually did a reasonably sound job at left back? Yet never gets a mention these days.

Also - Grant Hall....has he left for the yids?

Calde can play left at a push.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here