Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a new left back........

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Wikipedia isn't editable by all and sundry is it!?

Yes, but there are administrators too that try to keep an eye on all of it. People want the truth and it rarely stays wrong for long, it's one of the wonders of the internet, along with youtube, email and celebritygimp.com

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Surely we are not looking at using a player like Vincelot or Hall out of position and expect to get promotion.
I think Vincelot will be a good option at LB,... he aalso provides backup at CB,.... he is going to be important this year, but from the bench most of the time I think, with 7 subs he could be pulling splinters from his arse cheeks all season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Vincelot will be a good option at LB,... he aalso provides backup at CB,.... he is going to be important this year, but from the bench most of the time I think, with 7 subs he could be pulling splinters from his arse cheeks all season.

I would agree with that but not as the starting every game left back.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Vincelot is a top league 1 player, he didnt look out of place last season but he is not a top championship player, and an ad hoc fill in is not the solution.

We need a LB who will make that position his own, Painter hasnt got the legs/pace anymore a bit like Dicker.

Shorey will be a top LB in this league

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I must admit, I would say Shorey is the best option that has been mentioned... certainly has the expereince we should be looking for...

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Shorey's legs may have gone!

Vincelot could well be the answer. He's a competent and dependable option. and perhaps we should be looking to strengthen our team in Midfield and upfront.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Vincelot is NOT the answer he is a good stand in but not a first choice. The best options I have read are Arsenal youngster on loan or as permanent transfer either Shorey or Jeremy Matheiu who is out of contract at Valencia. As suggested Gary Borrowdale would be a better option than either Painter or Vincelot.

Oct 25, 2003
vincelot is NOT the answer at left back for a whole season

he's a good squad player and i really like him, but no way as our first choice left back

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Vincelot is NOT the answer he is a good stand in but not a first choice. The best options I have read are Arsenal youngster on loan or as permanent transfer either Shorey or Jeremy Matheiu who is out of contract at Valencia. As suggested Gary Borrowdale would be a better option than either Painter or Vincelot.

Hahaha.

He will be off to a team in Europe. Was their first choice left back.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hahaha.

He will be off to a team in Europe..

Flippin' 'eck. Have the Tories pulled us out of Europe without telling us?

Seriously though - sure you are right on Mathieu - he would be just too good to be true.

Shorey or Miquel seem the most likely. Either/or. Shorey won't come to be back-up to a youngster and the youngster will only be let out of Arsenal on loan if he has a good chance of being the starting left back. Painter as back up is Mr Dependable - no problem with that at all.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Missing out on Mattock is a bit of a blow, tbh - thought he looked absolutely excellent last season. Did he have a falling out with Gus?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Suggesting Matheiu or Borrowdale at LB is akin to suggesting Llorente or Paynter as a target man.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I only mentioned what a good signing Mathieu would be but I doubt it would happen. Borrowdale is a different story he is a free agent also but that is where the similarity ends but on a short term contract he would be an improvement on Painter if nobody else was available or signed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here