Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a new left back........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think any of the names mentioned (Mathieu apart) are the answer and don't have any alternatives myself.

Vincelot simply is not good enough at this level, Calde struggled at right back defensively last year, though of course would stop anyone cutting in being primarily right footed. Paints is too slow (unfortunately), Shorey lacks pace and based on the Arsenal comments on the link (previously provided) Ignasi is more of a central defender.

For me with the wide players the difference between the Premiership and Championship is not pace but quality of final delivery.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Miquel seems to be being groomed as a left back - although he features for the reserves in the centre his first team inclusions have been exclusively at left back as far as I can see. As rumours go this one seems to have some credence at both ends.... not that that means anything in the world of Albion transfers!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Left back is the trickiest position to fill. Ashley Cole is considered by many to be the best in the world but there aren't many other contenders. There's not enough good left backs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here