Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We look such a poorly coached team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty good going to be 6th with 12 points being such a WIP. We've had some tricky games too so far

Beating mega spending/cocky Manure and Spurs, again, as good as it gets.

If coaching/acquisitions sort out the counter attack vulnerability, we’re in the European places mix after 38 games.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Haha, OP

Fretting like an old woman like all the other sad acts on the matchday thread.

Maybe next time, show a little belief in our players and our club. They won't win every game, but they've done easily enough to earn our trust that they have that sort of performance in them

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Credit where it is undoubtedly due. Brian Clough had a metric for measuring how good football managers were by their ability to change things that were going tits up at half time. Fab certainly passed that test today with flying colours.

I'm still worried about how 2 or 3 straightforward passes can result in a decent chance for the opposition but that can wait for another day. How can you not have enjoyed that 2nd half today? The spirit in that camp seems to be something else

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sorry to say but it’s alarming how poorly coached we look:

Defensively we are all over the place. Runners in behind over and over again.

The press is muddled and ineffective

Players don’t seem to know what they are doing when they get the ball, too many touches too few options.

The new manager has had a whole preseason with them and we look shambolic.

He has some serious work to do and quickly.
Was the HT break quick enough for you.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Threads like this really are great fun. Spurs were excellent in the first half and deserved to be ahead, we conceded a really poor goal and missed a couple of great chances. This team currently has an Achilles Heel with the ball over the high line with speed merchants running on to it. Second half we were much more aggressive and dismantled a fragile Spurs team.
We have lots of new players and a young manager there will be bad days as well as good. We have real characters and leaders in this team and I think our progress will be steady and occasionally bumpy. We love this game because it is never over till the final whistle (other it’s Palace U21s). Brilliant second half.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Haha, OP

Maybe next time, show a little belief in our players and our club. They won't win every game, but they've done easily enough to earn our trust that they have that sort of performance in them
This old woman wasn’t fretting at half time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm always in the optimist camp with the albion, especially 7 games in, but the inability to do something different with the defence after that Chelsea game is worrying.

Not saying FH needs to be gone but he does need to learn, change and get the team reacting to the opposition better.

Anyway, second half to be VERY happily proved wrong.
You were totally. And I’m convinced that you are just as happy as me about it!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it probably was knee jerky

in my defence I am very hungover!
In fairness, I doubt you'd have posted that if we'd been 10th at Christmas, but right now it felt seminal because there is a big difference between P6 2-2-2 and 3-2-1.

Personally I felt at half time that this represented a massive adjustment in expectations and that FH would need a year bedding into his new role. By the end of it, well we're going on another European tour aren't we?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Haha, OP

Thread has absolutely nothing to do with belief in the players or the club. It a about coaching and despite todays win (absolutely delighted to be proved wrong today)
Haha, OP

In fairness, I doubt you'd have posted that if we'd been 10th at Christmas, but right now it felt seminal because there is a big difference between P6 2-2-2 and 3-2-1.

Personally I felt at half time that this represented a massive adjustment in expectations and that FH would need a year bedding into his new role. By the end of it, well we're going on another European tour aren't we?
I think the thing that most alarmed me, other than the hangover, was how many times they seemed to get in behind. Coming after Chelsea it just seemed we had leaned nothing defensively and we looked shell shocked. Half time we were two down and they had one ruled out for offside . I honestly thought we could go on to concede 4/5 again. Lesson learned!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I thought that at the end. Then I looked at the next few fixtures!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Haha, OP

Smug condescending bores like you must put off quite a lot of people from using this site.

As if a measured thread of concern wasn't reasonable when we had conceded 6 goals in a game and a half from playing a high line - a glaring tactical risk, if not outright mistake.

By all means chuckle about it at full time, but he was hardly "fretting like an old woman". It's not like anyone but the village idiots were calling for his head or even questioning his appointment.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here