Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We look such a poorly coached team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I started the thread and will happily take a bit of stick for doing so.

Doesn’t change what I saw at half time however and coming off the back of the Chelsea performance I still have concerns that we looked lost in possession and we were too easy to play in behind. A crazy 15 minutes doesn’t change that.

Second half was much better and I am not sure I can pinpoint what it was though Estupinan helped.
Might be the coach …?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I started the thread and will happily take a bit of stick for doing so.

Doesn’t change what I saw at half time however and coming off the back of the Chelsea performance I still have concerns that we looked lost in possession and we were too easy to play in behind. A crazy 15 minutes doesn’t change that.

Second half was much better and I am not sure I can pinpoint what it was though Estupinan helped.

Your thoughts were being echoed all over social media. I just didn't think we were that bad first half, Spurs were just very good.

They looked sharper, nothing to do with our 'high line' IMO. We had two decent chances and were competitive.

This isn't directed at you personally but you represent a good chunk of our support atm who are overly critical. We have a new manager and new players to bed in and this division looks very competitive this year.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Your thoughts were being echoed all over social media. I just didn't think we were that bad first half, Spurs were just very good.

They looked sharper, nothing to do with our 'high line' IMO. We had two decent chances and were competitive.

This isn't directed at you personally but you represent a good chunk of our support atm who are overly critical. We have a new manager and new players to bed in and this division looks very competitive this year.
I’m not overly critical though, I’m usually the one who starts the ‘positives from today’ threads . That fast half though was worryingly poor especially coming off the back of Chelsea as Danny Welbecks comments confirms.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Sorry to say but it’s alarming how poorly coached we look:

Defensively we are all over the place. Runners in behind over and over again.

The press is muddled and ineffective

Players don’t seem to know what they are doing when they get the ball, too many touches too few options.

The new manager has had a whole preseason with them and we look shambolic.

He has some serious work to do and quickly.
The only thing shambolic is this massive overaction of a post.

We were not outplayed in the first half and my main tactical criticism was Ferdi’s defensive performance.

It’s always worth keeping your thoughts to yourself until full time as decent coaches like Fabian will react tactically to how the game is panning out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I’m not overly critical though, I’m usually the one who starts the ‘positives from today’ threads . That fast half though was worryingly poor especially coming off the back of Chelsea as Danny Welbecks comments confirms.
You could acknowledge that it was maybe a bad half of football and the team aren't "poorly coached" which is a direct reflection on the manager?

Didn't he win manager of the month in his first month.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well the players say they were crap first half, good to hear Milner dished out a rollicking
I find it hard to imagine Milner “rollicking” anyone, TBH

No wonder they were shocked into action, he probably normally just tuts

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The only thing shambolic is this massive overaction of a post.

We were not outplayed in the first half and my main tactical criticism was Ferdi’s defensive performance.

It’s always worth keeping your thoughts to yourself until full time as decent coaches like Fabian will react tactically to how the game is panning out.
I don’t mind holding my hands up but to say we weren’t outplayed in the first half is absolutely insane. Litterally every player, pundit, our manager and the vast majority of the fans know that we were.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
You'll forgive me for not recalling your previous posts but the post today felt very knee jerky.

This new Brighton team is proving to be a bit hit and miss but we're creating lots of chances and scoring. There's much more to be positive about than negative IMO, it's also naive to think we wont improve.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
You'll forgive me for not recalling your previous posts but the post today felt very knee jerky.

This new Brighton team is proving to be a bit hit and miss but we're creating lots of chances and scoring. There's much more to be positive about than negative IMO, it's also naive to think we wont improve.
I think it probably was knee jerky

in my defence I am very hungover!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here