Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We look such a poorly coached team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The happy clappers will be along soon to say every thing is under control.
Over the five years I've followed the team, the Happy Clappers have been right far more often than the Chronically Depressed.

Join the dark side. We have more fun.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Smug condescending bores like you must put off quite a lot of people from using this site.

As if a measured thread of concern wasn't reasonable when we had conceded 6 goals in a game and a half from playing a high line - a glaring tactical risk, if not outright mistakes.

By all means chuckle about it at full time, but he was hardly "fretting like an old woman". It's not like anyone but the village idiots were calling for his head or even questioning his appointment.

Welbeck’s candid comments about how shit we were first half, support any supporters who felt exactly the same.

I’d bet that MOTD2’s Chapman and Richards had to bin their script which would’ve torn FH’s defensive tactics apart.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I don’t recall eternally positive Albion posts from you Oct 22 to May 24 (when you were here).
Well I was only here for two short stints during that time. But I would have ensured you that things were going to be fine as soon as the grumpy Italian was gone.

I'm not a happy clapper by nature - I'm rational and pragmatic. It just happens to be the same thing when talking about Tony Blooms Brighton.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Sorry to say but it’s alarming how poorly coached we look:

Defensively we are all over the place. Runners in behind over and over again.

The press is muddled and ineffective

Players don’t seem to know what they are doing when they get the ball, too many touches too few options.

The new manager has had a whole preseason with them and we look shambolic.

He has some serious work to do and quickly.
Why would you even consider starting this thread 27 mins into the match!!! 😂
You've been here for as long as I have (if you exclude lurking times), you should know better!!! Massive schoolboy/girl error, so go & sit in the corner! 😉
If it hadn't been for the 2nd half I may have agreed with you, but you went way too early!! There are probably merits in the replies but 'The West Stand Tap' moves far too quickly & the win has made me 'Happy Clappy' & I can't be bothered to read them. :clap:
I'm just astonished that you thought this thread was a good idea after 27 mins!! 😁

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Everyone could see we had a poor first half. Those who know about football don’t think that means to start questioning the manager. Maybe give him some time and a load of new players.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Why would you even consider starting this thread 27 mins into the match!!! 😂
You've been here for as long as I have (if you exclude lurking times), you should know better!!! Massive schoolboy/girl error, so go & sit in the corner! 😉
If it hadn't been for the 2nd half I may have agreed with you, but you went way too early!! There are probably merits in the replies but 'The West Stand Tap' moves far too quickly & the win has made me 'Happy Clappy' & I can't be bothered to read them. :clap:
I'm just astonished that you thought this thread was a good idea after 27 mins!! 😁
As mentioned previously I was/am spectacularly hungover and irritable! Lesson learned

Would absolutely defend the comments of the OP regarding Chelsea and first half this afternoon. We got an amazing gift for our first goal today and the truth might well be Spurs are as poor a team defensively as we are. We need to improve our defensive shape and quick as we will be a bottom half team if we don’t - this is a ruthless league and both Spurs and us could be in trouble regarding our respective expectations if things don’t change

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would absolutely defend the comments of the OP regarding Chelsea and first half this afternoon. We got an amazing gift for our first goal today and the truth might well be Spurs are as poor a team defensively as we are. We need to improve our defensive shape and quick as we will be a bottom half team if we don’t - this is a ruthless league and both Spurs and us could be in trouble regarding our respective expectations if things don’t change
But then so many other teams are also in the same boat or a lot worse.

New manager, new players, new tactics - of course there is going to be some improvement to be made after 7 games.

I’m not sure where your expectations are, but mine weren’t that we’d be top 6 going into the 2nd international break.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry to say but it’s alarming how poorly coached we look:

Defensively we are all over the place. Runners in behind over and over again.

The press is muddled and ineffective

Players don’t seem to know what they are doing when they get the ball, too many touches too few options.

The new manager has had a whole preseason with them and we look shambolic.

He has some serious work to do and quickly.
Cool thread, bro.

Edit. I see you have apologized.

Still...... I'll leave my initial response here, if that's OK.

:wink:

But then so many other teams are also in the same boat or a lot worse.

New manager, new players, new tactics - of course there is going to be some improvement to be made after 7 games.

I’m not sure where your expectations are, but mine weren’t that we’d be top 6 going into the 2nd international break.
My expectations are having spent a quarter of a billion in the transfer window is not matching last week’s 11th place. That’s where we would have been or worse without two comedy air shots by the Spurs central defence gifting us back in the game.

There is this theory that an ultra attacking team that scores goals but concedes a lot too will succeed in this league. I disagree, if both teams continue with defensive distasterclasses like today’s, you’ll see two sacked managers

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My expectations are having spent a quarter of a billion in the transfer window is not matching last week’s 11th place. That’s where we would have been or worse without two comedy air shots by the Spurs central defence gifting us back in the game.

There is this theory that an ultra attacking team that scores goals but concedes a lot too will succeed in this league. I disagree, if both teams continue with defensive distasterclasses like today’s, you’ll see two sacked managers
And how much have we sold or let go to need to go big in a transfer window? Ridiculous expectation and completely out of context plus nicely rounded up to make it sound better.

Agree our defending can improve but players in and out hasn’t helped that. It’s like some people just can’t enjoy the ride.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A timely reminder that you can’t judge a manager on one half, or even a game or a few games for that matter. Let’s see where we finish the season shall we.

Same goes for Slot by the way on whom the media seem to have decided is great despite the fact they’ve played no one in the top half other than Forest who they lost to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here