Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We deserved a draw

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with LI bashing :wave:

I know but then it becomes Stumpy Tim bashing and a good debate descends into people bashing all round. :shrug:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
(from BBC website)
Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock:
"We made hard work of it. Brighton will give a lot of teams problems this season and we had to show steel in the end.

"We should have killed off the game in the first half when we created plenty of chances.

"But credit to Brighton as they were lively throughout and had two chances to take something at the death."

My twopenneth as others have had theirs.

While it's ok not to be too disappointed as we played well and the performance was something to take encouragement from, the fact is points are the all important thing.

My feelings are that if we're playing well enough to create chances and take points off of teams, regardless of who they are and where in the league they are, then I will be disappointed if we don't take those chances. It's all very well saying it's about expectations and doing it against the other teams in the bottom half, but that's almost negative in itself.

I expect the team to be trying to win every single game, and I want them to believe they can win every single game. It's that belief that breeds confidence and will help to improve results.

Let's face it, we could play every team off the park every week and look great, but if we don't get points too we'll still go down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1-0 against the League leaders ain't at all bad. And we did deserve a draw for the second half performance. McGhee should be encouraged in his efforts to play attractive attacking football with four up front. Else, if he gets a load of stick he'll probably shut up shop and go back to that poxy 4-5-1 with a lone striker who doesn't show much inclination to score goals.

Reckon Coventry could well be in for a hammering on Saturday.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Let's face it, we could play every team off the park every week and look great, but if we don't get points too we'll still go down.

True. But I would rather MM use this route to try and keep us up instead of trying to shut teams out and still struggle to stay up

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im encouraged by the performance and I dont know why but I cant help think that if he was fit Big Mac would have played a part bearing in mind Sheff Utds 'robust' attititude to the game.

Whether he would have scored or not is another matter. But I say its no disgrace to lose to the team who are top (like we did with Reading) they are there for a reason.

Compare the two games. We gave Sheff Utd a game last nite. On another day we may have won had we taken our chances. The Reading game on the other hand I think we had one shot and that was Turienzo just over the bar...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
No Turkey. People disagree with him because every manager says points are more important than performances. Or are we not allowed to disagree with the know-it-all now?

Course you're allowed to disagree :jester:

It's just makes me laugh - if anyone else had said that, or a similar arguable point, no one would give a shit, they'd ignore it, maybe one or two comments and then its left.

However because Irish said it everyone HAS to pick up on it.

Amusing really.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Momentum is all important in sport? That's you f***ed then.

You go into the Coventry game knowing that you've picked up just one point from the last six.

Some momentum.

The momentum is found in the morale around the club - we're playing well and we're confident. Points are the most important thing but if we were losing, every week and playing shit, ala 3 seasons ago? We'd be f***ed. As it is there's a air of confidence around the club and that's encouraging.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So far this season we have

Derby away - last year loss - turned into a point
Reading home - loss - loss
Crewe home loss - draw turned into a point
Hull away (no responding fixture but could swap with Sunderland) loss- loss
Preston away loss now -turned into a point
Plymouth home loss - turned into 3 points
Sheff Utd home draw - loss so lost a point

I make us 5 points up on last year's corresponding fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here