Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We deserved a draw

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
How Robinson in the first half and Hammond at the end missed their chances, I don't know, it would have been a harder skill to deliberately miss.

Dunno about Hammond's, but Jake was off-balance and wrong footed and did well to get as close to scoring as he did.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree with LI. It was a good performance tonight and with a bit of luck we could have got a point. At least we can see where the next points could come from. Last year, we gathered points more by luck than judgment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nice one Shaney !

:clap:

Last edited:

Re: Re: We deserved a draw

Tom Hark said:
Dunno about Hammond's, but Jake was off-balance and wrong footed and did well to get as close to scoring as he did.

I reckon if you hit a ball past the left-hand post as you face it with your swinging right foot, it means you had the angle to score but just mistimed the shot, snatching at it a split-second too early.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: We deserved a draw

London Irish said:
I reckon if you hit a ball past the left-hand post as you face it with your swinging right foot, it means you had the angle to score but just mistimed the shot, snatching at it a split-second too early.

WHAT HE SAID

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: We deserved a draw

London Irish said:

Fair enough, we all only get a split second to see what we see, or what we think we see, but my recollection is that he was leaning backwards, and had to contort his body somewhat & rearrange his feet so as to get his right foot in position to make any kind of contact on the ball at all. And being off balance meant it trundled past the post because he wasn't able to get any power behind it.

But I might well be wrong.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Indeed, momentum is all important in sport. We go into the next game knowing we can hurt Coventry if we take our chances.

Momentum is all important in sport? That's you f***ed then.

You go into the Coventry game knowing that you've picked up just one point from the last six.

Some momentum.

Stumpy Tim

Turkey said:
Same old Irish bashing - if anyone else had said that no one would really care - but everyone has to bash Irish.

No Turkey. People disagree with him because every manager says points are more important than performances. Or are we not allowed to disagree with the know-it-all now?

Stumpy Tim said:
People disagree with him because every manager says points are more important than performances. Or are we not allowed to disagree with the know-it-all now?

Yeah, go on, attack Turkey now - clearly guilt by association :lolol:

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Momentum is all important in sport? That's you f***ed then.

You go into the Coventry game knowing that you've picked up just one point from the last six.

Some momentum.

You could bottle that vinegar and sprinkle it all over a fat Welsh bird's chips, couldn't you? :lolol:

I love contortions like "one point from the last six" - he means an away draw and a 1-0 loss to the league leaders :lolol:

You're right TLB, I guess that's our play-off chances gone :thumbsup:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
for the first time i beleive i almost agree with LI. playing good football will bring results. we should not be dis-heartened when we play well but lose. playing like we did tonight, we will win more games than we'll lose.

i do however, from my view in f block believe jake's miss accross the goal looked a hard chance.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
I love contortions like "one point from the last six" - he means an away draw and a 1-0 loss to the league leaders

It's not a contortion. It's a fact.

Here's another fact for you: this time last year, Stoke were top of the table and Sheffield United were tenth (the positions that Sheffield and Leeds occupy at the moment).

Are you sure that one point from six is a decent return against such sides?

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Are you sure that one point from six is a decent return against such sides?

Yes, in the context of the level of performances we put in when we deserved more out of both those games, I'm not too dissatisfied.

It seems bizarre to me that from one side of your mouth you are saying we are going to get relegated, and yet from the other you suggest we should be disappointed about not taking points off the league leaders.

Possibly you could explain that rather peculiar contradiction of yours?

Are we are a bunch of no-hopers, or a team that can expect to stick it to Sheff Utd?

I think you're a bit confused, to be honest :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:
No Turkey. People disagree with him because every manager says points are more important than performances. Or are we not allowed to disagree with the know-it-all now?

Thats LI bashing.
By all means disagree with his opinions but why the personal comment?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:
Alan Quinn was MOTM, no wonder England had problems last week

Others have asked. You've ignored. You seem to be a little confused over which Quinn is mightier than the other...

Re: Re: We deserved a draw

Bozza said:
Others have asked. You've ignored. You seem to be a little confused over which Quinn is mightier than the other...

Nah, it's just it's all the one country to me :p

The original point I was making, of course, was that Quinn had a fine game tonight, but feel free to take the conversation off into trivialities if you want.

We met a winger system tonight that matched and, in the first half, comfortably bettered ours.

Last edited:

KinkyGoebels said:
pedant alert - abit like spurs alert

Hey, it's important to some people whether I correctly referred to which part of Ireland Alan Quinn plays for. Pedants have rights too :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here