Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We deserved a draw

A bit gutting that, as we took the game to them rather strongly I thought - and their goal had a bit of luck to it that we should have had returned our way.

I was thinking that the ref threw them too many bones and was getting professionally mugged by their dodgy physical play pushing our lads in the backs and all that stuff. We had a lot to complain about, and it grew louder toward the end alright.

What pisses me off royally, is the fact that they got three points while we got nothing, at the end of the day. I hope they fall on their faces, I really do. SU do NOT deserve to be jockeying for promotion on that showing, and will get trounced in the prem, out of sight.

Sort of frustrating, sort of angering, but Brighton didn't play too badly.
I only wish we had taken our chances like they took theirs.

larus

I happen to agree with LI. Yes, points are important, but say you get 3 points and you are lucky, you can go away from the game thinking where are the next points going to come from.

Tonight we played well and with a couple of breaks and a stronger ref we would have got something from the game. So I've come away from the game feeling good and knowing that, although we got nowt tonight, we'll play worse than that and get points.

That, my friends, is why the performance is important. And no, points are not worth any less now than at the end of the season, but it's how you feel about being able to compete in the future games.

Caveman said:
Bollox was the first one a sitter! The second he should have put away, but disgraced we certainly weren't.

Roll on Coventry!

Agreed, the first one was not a sitter but it was a one-on-one on an angle and he has to make the keeper work. Poor shot.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Erm i think my point was jake missed two sitters leon missed one as did Hammond.

If you play well it means nothing unless you put ball in back of the net

larus said:
That, my friends, is why the performance is important. And no, points are not worth any less now than at the end of the season, but it's how you feel about being able to compete in the future games.

Indeed, momentum is all important in sport. We go into the next game knowing we can hurt Coventry if we take our chances.

I would expect McGhee to give a boot up the arse to those who missed clear chances tonight and remind them that there are players on the bench they are keeping out. But I would be very surprised to see a different team from us on Saturday, excepted of course that McGhee analyses a certain weakness or particular strength in the Coventry line-up that might suggest a change - but I would hope these same players are given the chance to work off the frustrations and missed opportunities of this game!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
Erm i think my point was jake missed two sitters leon missed one as did Hammond.

I was in line with Jake's 1st shot, it was not a sitter as he took it first time at a not ideal height. He arguably had time to bring it down and shoot but if it had gone in we would be talking wonder goal. The 2nd one was not a sitter either as he ran full tilt to get there meaning he had no control when he arrived, I though he did well to get there in the 1st place.

Hammond's was the best chance of the game for me and probably the closest to being a sitter, again he didn't miss by much.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Well I feel proud tonight and I know I've come home from games last season when we had played 90 minutes of defence shite and felt downhearted after a point. So maybe it means nothing on the league table at this stage but it means something to me that my club are capable of upsetting any team in this division. In fact it makes me :D :clap2:

Roll on Saturday.

larus

Caveman said:
Well I feel proud tonight and I know I've come home from games last season when we had played 90 minutes of defence shite and felt downhearted after a point. So maybe it means nothing on the league table at this stage but it means something to me that my club are capable of upsetting any team in this division. In fact it makes me :D :clap2:

Roll on Saturday.

Good man. I'll be there cheering with you.:wave:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well happy with the performance, should have got a point. But if we can do that to the one of the supposed top teams in the league then we will be alright.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Same old Irish bashing - if anyone else had said that no one would really care - but everyone has to bash Irish.

f***ing HOUNDS.

Good performance I think tonght - encouraging for the rest of the season. Suggest we will pick up points in forthcoming games.

:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here