Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We deserved a draw

The only gutting point about today was that we should have got the equaliser as Leeds did on Saturday.

We played excellently, I've not been sure about Jarrett and although he had his usual couple of defensively weak moments, he was outstanding - probably even better when he switched to the right with Carole's injury.

How Robinson in the first half and Hammond at the end missed their chances, I don't know, it would have been a harder skill to deliberately miss.

Heigh-ho - not devastated - it's still the performance that really counts and although we were classed off the pitch in the first half hour by a team that combined our movement (Alan Quinn was MOTM, no wonder England had problems last week) with a harder, organised edge, to come back from that and play as well as we did, was a tribute to McGhee's hard work.

But we have to convert these performances into 3-pointers and Coventry is now a big test for us.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
London Irish said:
- it's still the performance that really counts

Sorry but I disagree, it's the points that count.

Well as we may be playing at the moment we are still facing a relegation battle and we have to take poor games but 3 points over great performances but no points.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Re: Re: We deserved a draw

Bluejuice said:
Sorry but I disagree, it's the points that count.

Well as we may be playing at the moment we are still facing a relegation battle and we have to take poor games but 3 points over great performances but no points.

Word

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
oh no LI is still trotting out that shite about performance being more important than results. I bet Norwich and Palace were thinking exactly the same thing when they were relegated last seaosn:shootself

Depends what your aim is, to expect to take points off a team flying like Sheff Utd, you'd have to be aiming for high mid-table. I'm a bit more realistic than that, still top of the bottom 6 will do me, it's the lesser teams we have to really hurt, the Plymouths etc.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Alan Quinn was MOTM, no wonder England had problems last week

Call me an idiot, but doesn't he play for Eire?

Unlucky tonight, if we play like we did in the second half against Coventry we should be okay. Thought the central two were a fraction off-form, but I'm sure they'll be back on top of their games for the weekend.

dwayne said:
oh no LI is still trotting out that shite about performance being more important than results. I bet Norwich and Palace were thinking exactly the same thing when they were relegated last seaosn:shootself

You weren't even there, were you, fool? So how can you say anything interesting about our performance? Come on, say something interesting about tonight's game, I challenge you.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Just before he does can i say also it's the performance at this stage of the season that counts not the result.Especially against the top team.Fools.I'm happy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
You weren't even there, were you, fool? So how can you say anything interesting about our performance? Come on, say something interesting about tonight's game, I challenge you.

oooo have I riled you paperboy.

I wasn't even commenting on the performance was I know, what's the relevance of whether I was there or not?

:wave:

Re: Re: We deserved a draw

Repugnant Toad said:
Thought the central two were a fraction off-form, but I'm sure they'll be back on top of their games for the weekend.

Agreed, we were slaughtered in central midfield early on.

dwayne said:
oooo have I riled you paperboy.

I wasn't even commenting on the performance was I know, what's the relevance of whether I was there or not?

:wave:

Yep, as I thought, nothing.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Brixtaan said:
Just before he does can i say also it's the performance at this stage of the season that counts not the result.Especially against the top team.Fools.I'm happy.

Do points gained only come into effect at the end of the season?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I thought the ref was poor. No way so many players should have been booked, whilst other dangerous tackles went unpunished.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i thought the quinn that played for n. ireland was the striker at peterbro utd.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It was a decent performance and it does promise much but we need to be taking chances like Hammond had and Knight right at the end. I'm not too disappointed but that's 3 points dropped in the last two games in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here