Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Can't Afford It

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Wilkins said "I'm not sure what is going to bring people out if they are not excited about watching players from Sussex produce at times scintillating football so I am a bit disappointed with that but there is obviously nothing I can do about it.

Simple Dean, reduce the prices, some of us supporters cannot simply afford the sky high prices.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Munchkin said:

Simple Dean, reduce the prices, some of us supporters cannot simply afford the sky high prices.

If he could I bet he would...unfortunately its not down to him!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
But is that the solution? Ticket prices have been dropped for the cup games, yet still the crowds are not breaching 6,000. Are the Tranmere’s, Swansea’s and Cheltenham’s of our league much more attractive than the cup opposition? It seems to me that many of the old brigade have moved on and given up on Withdean – happy to wait until Falmer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest and I hang my head in shame but I didnt go last nite and I try to get to all midweek games (cant do saturdays) but at £25 I really cant afford it in the run up to xmas.

Same as well for Cheltenham.

On the other hand if the club want to give me free entry for the fact that I was at the Crewe & Blackpool debacle then I would be most grateful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
£27.00 at this time of year for 3rd tier football is expensive and crowds traditionally drop in the run up to Christmas. It's all about cost Dean

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
it would be much easier if everyone just got season tickets, then wouldnt have to bother getting tickets every week

edit - what am i talking about !

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
it would be much easier if everyone just got season tickets, then wouldnt have to bother getting tickets every week

edit - what am i talking about !

And if you cant afford one?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Personal circumstances permitting, of course, anyone NOT making the effort to watch some of the most entertaining and full-blooded fare to be served up by a great young crop of Albion players is SERIOUSLY missing out at the moment. It's THEIR loss.

Cue the usual "oooh, it's SO cold at Withdean", "ooh the stewards are such fascists"etc etc etc...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
we could ask all our ex-girlfriends and wives to donate the money and stuff they owe us to the club.

We must be able to get quite a bit then. Pictures of parkas go for a pretty penny on ebay methinks.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And if you cant afford one?

yeh it is a hassle buying tickets every week, or whenever you go. Easy having a season ticket as you get them all at once obviously, but yeh money is always an issue.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think he's got a pretty good point, but after watching 2 or 3 seasons of dire football, it will take a bit of time for people to commit themselves, but if he continues to play an exciting young team of kids from Sussex people will turn up in their droves and if we get near the playoffs then the place will seriously start to rock.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Withdean is a shitheap, the atmosphere is akin to a library and I cant be arsed to travel down there from London for every game Im afraid.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Three home games in a week just before Christmas plus the hangover of Magoo's football also the memory of Blackpool, Stoke and Crewe are fresh in peoples memory so for Wilkins to complain about people not going shows EXACTLY why he is such a clown and Dick Tight should do the right thing and DISMISS this managerial moron immediately :angry: :angry: :angry:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've actually made the trip to The Withdean a couple of times in the last month, so he must be doing something right. It has helped that you don't need to organise tickets a month in advance, I now just phone up on saturday morning and it's done. Also the fact that there are spare seats to move to if I end up sat next to some old duffer, kids or a complete numpty, helps quite a bit.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I thought last nights game was the most exciting one at home this season - had me on the edge of my seat and at one point i ALMOST sang!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I've been more often recently and i would recomend it. I was a keep McGoo............sorry McGee in Brigader but have watched the team under Wilkins and the standard of football, excitment,commitment and anticipation has all increased...............there i've said it!!

Thats laid that to rest:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here