Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Can't Afford It

Albion Dan said:
Withdean is a shitheap, the atmosphere is akin to a library and I cant be arsed to travel down there from London for every game Im afraid.

As MoH said, it is you that is missing out my friend. Last night was ACE. Best football and best atmosphere I have seen at home for a long long time. Great entertainment and good value for money. (And I travelled down from London for it).

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
As MoH said, it is you that is missing out my friend. Last night was ACE. Best football and best atmosphere I have seen at home for a long long time. Great entertainment and good value for money. (And I travelled down from London for it).

Lokki 7 = :bowdown:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Agree with all the above points, but surely the club need to look at some means of filling Withdean ?? Empty seats mean lost revenue, surely the club can look to expand the fanbase around the county, say we have 1000 spare seats, offer the local school children the oppurtunity to purchase reduced tickets (on block) and at least fill the place and encourage the younger generation to support their local team ?? Expand that and involved their parents, I'm sure a one off visit to the Withdean would more than encouarge people to come back and the club would reap the benefits in the future ??

I just belive the club could be more pro-active in the community and liase with clubs / schools / associations and make a concerted effort to fill Withdean.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I miss the footy, the surroundings aren't an issue for me. As soon as my arse was on the seat I'm looking at a pitch with 22 players on it, doesn't matter whether it's Old Trafford or Old Barn Way.

If money's tight that's a different story but if you like football you'll watch it anywhere

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair if they reduced prices then there would be a few STH expecting a refund.

So I can see why they reduce the tickets for the paint pots and FA Cup.

If the Swansea & Cheltenham games were £15 I probably would have gone.

Maybe the club could have done a 2 for 1 or something...?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Zesh Rehman 34 said:
i seem to remember Munchkin that you were unhappy earlier this season and chucked out your season ticket ! :lolol: what a clown

Fact's right Zesh,

Gave mine to my son !!!! Over my disapproval of Magoo and what he was doing to the club.

Since he left I have been at every home game, (and paying)

But it's becoming harder and harder to finance.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Munchkin said:
Fact's right Zesh,

Gave mine to my son !!!! Over my disapproval of Magoo and what he was doing to the club.

Since he left I have been at every home game, (and paying)

But it's becoming harder and harder to finance.

well if you gave it to your son then thats alright, i was under the impression that you binned it :ohmy:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
didnt make last night as i had to work to pay for other games, with christmas coming up money is getting tight :down:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
To be fair if they reduced prices then there would be a few STH expecting a refund.

So I can see why they reduce the tickets for the paint pots and FA Cup.

If the Swansea & Cheltenham games were £15 I probably would have gone.

Maybe the club could have done a 2 for 1 or something...?

Given the right added benefits, (discounted ticket prices, getting your choice of seat for the season, first dibs for any tickets to cup matches/play offs, half time BJ, forks etc) I don't think any reasonable season ticket holder should complain at any initiatives to get more people in considering our finances.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree with Loki and MoH. I missed last night and will miss Cheltenham but it is purely out of a desire to help my missus with our two week old son. I was at MK Dons and Northwich and despite the poor quality oppo in those games the football was simply stunning. Today a friend at work who did go echoed the comments about the quality of the game last night and once things have settled at home I will definately be whipping out my 25 quid to see this great young team - something else will just have to get sacrificed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
would like to go more but money issues. Far too expenisve to watch 3rd tier of football, but yet i understand why the club have to charge those prices. It's a catch 22

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worth considering that you may only have until January to see this excellent young team with it's intuitive understanding, presumably built up over years, before it is broken up to fund the black hole. You would kick yourself if you didn't bother to turn up and then the cream of the crop was gone and you'd have missed the most exciting attacking play for years :down:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Got a ticket for saturday nights game, £27.00.
I feel a bit of a mug for paying it & 7.45 p.m on a saturday is THE MOST ridiculous time to play a game, (not the clubs fault that last one).
What can you do though? Deano is right, we are playing triffic stuff & we do need the fans to return; but other clubs have lowered prices to lure fans back. I read that Brum are charging £15 & they're still not coming back.
If the team keep going along the lines they are then I'm sure people will come back; but a little help might be needed with lower prices.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I stopped going because I couldn't afford it anymore. I've been priced out of the game.

Football is a habit. Once you break that habit, it's difficult to get back into.

The other factor, when you have kids is the time it takes up SMACK in the middle of your Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here