Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Over Achieving!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I was at the Norwich match last night.

I have to say that I thought we played superbly and it was just the lack of a decent striker (or two) that was the difference between us.

Considering Norwich have a Premier League set up I think we should be very proud of what we are currently achieving.

I know we are losing games and probably getting relegated this year but lets all get real and remember we are actually over-achieving in reality.

So lets get off MM's back and just enjoy the incredible places we are again playing in this season and the generally good quality of football we are playing, on the most limited budget you could imagine at this level.

Our club is full of OVERACHIEVEMENT....let's enjoy it!:clap2:

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Too bloody right; at half time we were looking at getting at least even & then some very dodgy refereeing. I guess McGhee blamed the ref too & he would have bben right.

A side that played last night should not be going down.:clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't sound like a team full of McGhee haters as some would try to insinuate, does it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wish more people would realise this.

We have been overachieving for a long time. Look at our facilities!

It is credit to the youth team setup wilkins/hinsh et al that we are functioning at all. Plus McGhee pulling off small miracles to secure our place in this division twice. :clap: :clap:

Up the Albion! :albion:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well last season was supposed to be 'the bonus season'. Nobody more gobsmacked than McGhee when the team he inherited went up and took our place in the Championship. Suppose this season is the double-bonus season then, tho it would have been nice to put ourselves in the chase by getting in a damn goal-scorer, a weakness that was identified LAST season, even while Adam Virgo was applying a sticking-plaster to the situation. Nobody to get us out the hole this time around. That's the last bonus quarter million quid we'll be seeing from the 3rd round of the FA Cup for a while. and I for one have watched my last Luther Van Dross trophy match ever. anybody wants my 'free' LDV home-tie ticket next season, they're welcome to it. :down:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
anybody wants my 'free' LDV home-tie ticket next season, they're welcome to it. :down:

You don't get a 'free' Cup ticket with next Seasons ST.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BHA links said:
You don't get a 'free' Cup ticket with next Seasons ST.

Not had my renewal pack yet, but if that's the case then the price is going up by more than it says on the blurb ???

Just as well we're being relegated then, we'll be spared a shitload of STHs writing to the Argus that they would have had to pay for the 3rd round home tie v ManU. Bring on Kingstoniains in the first round! :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Not had my renewal pack yet, but if that's the case then the price is going up by more than it says on the blurb ???

The price has gone down because it is for 23 league games only.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Icy Gull said:
Doesn't sound like a team full of McGhee haters as some would try to insinuate, does it?

It's not. People on here just like to talk out of their arses and pass it off as fact.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
The price has gone down because it is for 23 league games only.

If I wanted to keep myseats for next season it'll cost me the best part of £700. This season it was just over £500.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I'm in the family stand.
They want the old away stand as the family stand now.The letter said I could keep the same seats we've had for 3 years in A bock but I'd have to pay the normal prices,if I moved to the new family stand I could have the reduction for my son.

Really generous I thought :angry:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
gerbil said:
I'm in the family stand.
They want the old away stand as the family stand now.The letter said I could keep the same seats we've had for 3 years in A bock but I'd have to pay the normal prices,if I moved to the new family stand I could have the reduction for my son.

Why not just charge you the ame prices as you are a loyal fan ?
Have you taken this up with the club?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
vulture said:
Why not just charge you the ame prices as you are a loyal fan ?
Have you taken this up with the club?

They'd lose money then wouldn't they..:rolleyes:

I wasn't renewing anyway but being forced to move from where we've been for 3 years is taking the piss. If I was going to renew I wouldn't be now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
gerbil said:
I'm in the family stand.

I fortunately don't have that problem with a non family season ticket holder.

If I was in your position I would be outraged.

.. or maybe I havent really thought this through though. I guess you are subsidised to a certain extent ? .. but that's the point of family tickets and encouraging parents to bring youngsters isn't it.

Essentially though, if the amount I was used to paying went up by 200 pounds for the same seats I'd think twice about renewing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I see a PR problem looming. I would have thought they would have allowed existing family season ticket holders to stay in the same seats.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
thats another £500 quid down the drain for the club.And a younger fan not going wonder how many more family season ticket holders are not renewing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here