Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are no better than last season

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fact? What metric are you using....performance? Well that’s opinion....points..well seasons not finished ...hmmm

Points. Said so several times in several subsequent posts. We need two wins and a draw to get to last season's total and more than that to beat it. Can't see that happening personally but will be delighted of they prove me wrong.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Points. Said so several times in several subsequent posts. We need two wins and a draw to get to last season's total and more than that to beat it. Can't see that happening personally but will be delighted of they prove me wrong.

Indeed. It’s about the points & Potter has failed.
No improvement this season.
If it were Chris Hughton he would be given an awful lot of stick - yet boring Potter peaking at 17th is ok with a number of people on here. Strange.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There can’t be anybody who thinks we would be 3-0 up at Wolves at HT. That result and performance last night were shocking. I still think we have done enough to get away with it again this season but by goodness there needs to be improvement next year.

There also wasnt anybody thinking Burnley would be 3-0 up at HT.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Yesterday was the opportunity to give us a really good chance of getting past 40 points. We blew it and with Burnley's romp today, we are now there to be shot at, two points behind the next nearest club. Seven wins in 33, the worst home record in living memory and now the goals are drying up again. Is this really progression?
Like you, I am hoping for a decent finish to the season but I'm not holding my breath. Could still be squeaky bum time.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I'm still with Potter, but should we finish in the bottom 4, how could anyone possibly say that we had a decent season? Especially after 4 seasons and 8 transfer windows.

Frighteningly, some would.

This. There's a clear need for some of the players, coaching and recruitment staff to have a good, long hard look at themselves over the next few days and weeks because a third Potter season without pushing on would make his position untenable in most fans eyes - assuming we survive this one. Most managers have a shelf life a lot shorter than 3 seasons when we start again 21/22. I see Potter ball at the moment based on possession and passing. To take it to the next level he needs to inject the next three football ideologies. Passion, purpose and above all, pace.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Indeed. It’s about the points & Potter has failed.
No improvement this season.
If it were Chris Hughton he would be given an awful lot of stick - yet boring Potter peaking at 17th is ok with a number of people on here. Strange.

wow! strangest post in a long time. potter, dull? hughton playing a 6-3-1 at home to cardiff in a game we need to score in, especially after we go 1 and then 2 down, that is flimmin boring

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There can’t be anybody who thinks we would be 3-0 up at Wolves at HT. That result and performance last night were shocking. I still think we have done enough to get away with it again this season but by goodness there needs to be improvement next year.

Who was the last Albion player to score a first half hatrick?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Everything was just so slow lastnight with no urgency until Ali and Izzy came on. It seemed like the players already had their bags packed for their summer Covid hols.

How anybody can smack a ball over the bar from 4 yards amazes me but Maupay seems to be having one of those seasons

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Who was the last Albion player to score a first half hatrick?

No idea, but an excellent question.

Gordon Smith got a second half top flight hat trick at Coventry. (04/10/1980)

Not quite a 1st half hat trick, but Zamora got his 3rd at Chester in the 1-7 away win in the 54th minute. (26/2/2000)

Any excuse...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
wow! strangest post in a long time. potter, dull? hughton playing a 6-3-1 at home to cardiff in a game we need to score in, especially after we go 1 and then 2 down, that is flimmin boring

Were there really 3 as far forward as midfield?

In so many games, a deep Alamo block of 9, with the lone veteran Muzza 50 yards away trying to win ball against an entire defence.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Were there really 3 as far forward as midfield?

In so many games, a deep Alamo block of 9, with the lone veteran Muzza 50 yards away trying to win ball against an entire defence.

:laugh: desperate times indeed! at least we're creating the chances to miss these days :facepalm:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How many times have we played badly this season. I’d suggest:

Everton (A) - had our moments but outclassed
Poor second half West Brom (H)
Burnley (H) - no cutting edge
The first half of West Brom (A)
Leicester (A)
The first half last night.

Compare any of that to the Bournemouth and Cardiff games under Hughton or Man City at home last season and we’re on another level. Even the very best sides play poorly occasionally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here