Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
48 will do it, and we are capable of at least.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
That sounds good in theory, but you're forgetting something very important. If we were 4 points from the play-offs then we would be winning games and taking points on a regular basis. In that situation, making up 4 points would be possible. However we've won 4 games since October, lose EVERY home match, and an injury list as long as your cock.

If nothing had changed at the club I'd agree. I'm putting my faith in a new manager and five loan signings. Guess I'm thinking that past performance is not a guarantee of future failure.

Of course Slade could make no difference whatsoever and the new players could be useless. I'd rather believe the opposite until the mathematics speak for themselves. So yes, if goes to the last game and we have to win 4-0 or something I'll still be posting "we can do this".

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
Cant see us beating it now im afraid with a makeshift team and new manager! Really gope we can though SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEAGULLS!!! :ascarf:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
It's almost a new team. Let's be positive. They were not bad today. We only have to be the fifth shittest team to get to go to Charlton & Southampton rather than Crawley & Burton next season. 6 wins will be enough! Come on let's get behind the lads! They can do it!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
However we've won 4 games since October, lose EVERY home match, and an injury list as long as your cock.

Thats one bloody long cock:lolol:
Anyway, i agree with what your saying. A team pushing for play-offs would be in good form, and would have momentum, sadly we have none whatsoever. We have a team full of loanees, who are probably thinking if we go down then all is fine because they still have their team to go back too(apart from Owusu!). I just think many of that team have a lack of passion, and that may cost us, and i cant see where we are going to get any momentum which could help us put a decent run together.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What worries me is nothing seems to being going for us and I can't recall the last time we had such a bad run of injuries. Each week you look at our teamsheet and it has another three new names on it and I wonder if we have even fielded the fame starting eleven all season!!

What amazes me after this farce of a season is our survival is still technically in our hands which gives us a glimmer of hope.

It certainly does not look good but we cannot give up now and whatever we think of the season we have to pick ourselves up and get behind this team and manager and pray something goes our way and we stay in this division.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I just think the running of the club on and off the pitch has been unprofessional in the last year. The debacle of people trying to collect their tickets for the Barnet game, having to bring in a 4th kit mid season as the other three are blue, letting a manager choose which players to keep then getting rid of him, getting Hart and Mayo back then getting rid of a manger when we had no idea who to replace him with.

Sham, really.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How has it all gone so wrong?

SEVENTH last season, and we've only ADDED to the squad since then.

Yes we've had some unfortunate injuries but this situation is an absolute f***ing embarrassment

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
If by this time next saturday we still have 32 points then we will be needing snookers to stay up. Then we can finally say we are down. And these are two home games so the omens are not good.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Lets be honest about our situation,
1. We escape relegation so spend another season in this dreadful league
2. Relegated to Div 2, equally poor league
We now have a choice,pack up attending football or find another team to support.
I cant forgive Knight and co for taking away a lifetimes interest in my local team and spoiling so many weekends

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lets be honest about our situation,
1. We escape relegation so spend another season in this dreadful league
2. Relegated to Div 2, equally poor league
We now have a choice,pack up attending football or find another team to support.
I cant forgive Knight and co for taking away a lifetimes interest in my local team and spoiling so many weekends

:laugh: :(
What a load of utter nonsense.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Exactly, Dave. None of us want to see it happen but we've got to accept it. Brighton and Hove Albion WILL be playing fourth division football next season. To avoid it we need at least 18, and possibly 20, points from 13 games. We've only managed 32 from 32 so far and we're going backwards. It's just not going to happen. Pains me to say it but our season is over.

you talk in absolutes in your CAPITAL letters. how do you know the f***ing future you twat. we are in trouble but what sort of fan throws in the towel so early? piss off

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
I feel we're going down, not much hope after today. I think everyone knew that the importance of todays game in that it presented us with a good hope of survival if we won. I'll still be going to games home and away getting behind the lads but I don't feel it will make much difference to change to almost inevitable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here