Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Do you really think 50 points is enough?

We need promotion form to get out of this because of the points difference now. We could need 53 points if either Swansea or Orient win 6 or 5 with a few draws.

Not impossible but we basically need 6 wins with 3 draws. 21 points in 13 games.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
We need promotion form to get out of this because of the points difference now. We could need 53 points if either Swansea or Orient win 6 or 5 with a few draws.

Not impossible but we basically need 6 wins with 3 draws. 21 points in 13 games.

That'll be Swindon I imagine, but can't see either of them teams getting too many more points though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I mentioned on an earlier thread that 50 points wouldn't be enough to stay up in League 1 this season , I think we need 52 to stay up.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Well Crewe have won 5 in 6 so should be able to get another 16 points in 12 games. Yeovil is the only other realistic team we can catch and they only need 15 points in 12 games to get to 53 points which is basically not much different to the form they have been in all season.

We have to beat the rest but there are three other teams with a chance and if any of those three get reasonable form (ie. 1.5 points per game) then we will be looking at 53 points to survive.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Certainly seem to be making a bit hard work of pulling out of that bottom four - and gradually becoming adrift of the safety zone :(

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
:thumbsup:Way to support the new manager, people

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
sounded like we were pumped up today especially Al-Bangora the late goal is going to have knocked confidence though. Hope he is good at getting players up again

He pulled yeovil out of a slump with 4 wins on the trot. They do not have the quality of players we have. Our luck is due to change, we have a decent manager and players on their way back. We can do! The 'we are definitely down' comments are complete bollocks made by people who love to feel sorry for themselves!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
how the f*** are we doomed ffs.....its 4 points with 13 games to go and we have games in hand

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
How come it all looks so much worse after one defeat ?
Ok did not look graet but we had 3 teams within 3 points of us and games in hand.
It looks very bleak now:(

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
although it could look very different with 6 points in the next 2 home games .
Fingers crossed.
I still think there are 6/7 teams in this battle.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Strange, when we were losing every week under Adams some people never admitted relegation was a possibility. 2 bad results later & we are definitely going down. apparently.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's it, game over. We've played Crewe and Orient in the last week and taken nothing. Not only that, we've deserved nothing. League two is now a definite and we need to start preparing for it.

I thought it was a disappointing performance, Orient always looked like scoring in the second half.

However - if their goalkeeper hadn't pulled off that amazing save in the second half we may just scrapped it.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
What if ...

We needed 4 points to get into a play-off position with 13 games to go. How many would be posting 'that's it, we can't go up now'?

Very disappointing to lose today. But Slade only really gets down to work on Monday, and the new loanees could start to gel.

Of course losing today was a bad result. We do have to start winning and winning soon. We can do that. And that's facing facts just as much as the 'we're doomed' posters think they are.

We can do this. Believe people!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here