Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
chez said:
I must admit in all my years of following The Albion Ive never been so f***ing pissed off with my fellow supporters. you boo boys are as much to blame if not more for the clubs demise as anyone :angry: :nono:
ditto,so pissed of with our loyal fans at the mo

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I thought he was younger than that. Needs to mature a bit quicker than he is then.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Uncle Buck said:
He probably thinks he deserves 1st team football, but Kuipers is in possesion of the shirt, so it is Henderson's job to fight for that shirt, not jump ship at the first site of not getting his own way. You were very critical of Kuipers reaction to be dropped last season, but Henderson handing in a transfer request for being dropped is pretty similar to Kuipers demanding to go out on loan.

Also the Irish do seem to have a bigger issue when it comes to keepers than England do.
What this, have a pop at Henderson day! :nono: BUt there is one huge difference. Henderson lost his place through not fault of his own, by being called up for international duty. Therefore he is entitled to feel, if he stays, wins his place back, become Albions number one, goes on international duty again, he'll come back as number 2 at the Albion.
I feel he has no option but to take the action he has.
Kuipers got the sulks because he was dropped, and refused to play. As I said before I wouldn't have the twat anywhere near the club. He refused to play for us at a time, that if he had, he probably would have won his place back(at the end of last year).

So I fail to see how Hnederson handing in a transfer request, can in any way be deamed similar to that twat Kuipers demanding to go out on loan.:angry:

Not only that, Kuipers will probably cut his finger nail to short soon, and be out injured for a couple of months. For an ex-marine the bloke is a class A tart.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Mr Burns said:
23 in very young for a first choice professional goalkeeper.

Fairly young, but he still hasn't progressed much from last year and at his age he should be maturing quicker.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Les Biehn said:
Fairly young, but he still hasn't progressed much from last year and at his age he should be maturing quicker.
Disagree. How can you expect a young goalkeeper to mature when large sections of the fans are against him because he isn't Kuipers.
As I said before I hate Kuipers for what he did last season, and I'm very pissed of with the attuide of people on this board towards Henderson.
If he goes, I feel we have lost an excellent young keeper. That would be worse enough, but the fact its left us with a injury prone twat, who refused to play for us (how the f*** can he be called a legend) will be a lot for me to take.

Whilst I can see some reasons for dropping Henderson, you cannot lose your place because you were on international duty.

And if you do, you are more than entitled to leave. Dick Knight's comments calling Henderson unprofessional are f***ing outrageous. He should be ashamed by that comment.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Mr Burns said:
Disagree. How can you expect a young goalkeeper to mature when large sections of the fans are against him because he isn't Kuipers.
As I said before I hate Kuipers for what he did last season, and I'm very pissed of with the attuide of people on this board towards Henderson.
If he goes, I feel we have lost an excellent young keeper. That would be worse enough, but the fact its left us with a injury prone twat, who refused to play for us (how the f*** can he be called a legend) will be a lot for me to take.

Whilst I can see some reasons for dropping Henderson, you cannot lose your place because you were on international duty.

And if you do, you are more than entitled to leave. Dick Knight's comments calling Henderson unprofessional are f***ing outrageous. He should be ashamed by that comment.

I do agree with the fans bit, although that shouldn't have hindered his ability to communicate with the defence.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Safeway said:
And why should Kuipers have been dropped after Bristol when he was arguably our best player?
What!?!? So if Kuiper was number one keeper for best part of the previous season, and was called up for international duty:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: , Henderson came in for one game, played a blinder, you'd expect Kuipers to be left out on his return? Really?

Mr Burns said:
What!?!? So if Kuiper was number one keeper for best part of the previous season, and was called up for international duty:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: , Henderson came in for one game, played a blinder, you'd expect Kuipers to be left out on his return? Really?

You're only as good as your last game, and at Bristol Kuipers was pretty f***ing good.

As has been said before, its only because Ireland have got a severe shortage of decent 'keepers and Holland are alright for them that Henderson is an international and Kuipers not. It's not as if there's a massive difference between their repspective talent.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quite why our fans took it upon themselves to have a go at one of our players, its all very strange. I think Kuipers is a quality keeper but Henderson is going to be a top keeper and needed the fans support to grow in confidence. Shame that we seem to have forced out yet another player

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Safeway said:
And why should Kuipers have been dropped after Bristol when he was arguably our best player?

To be fair Zteven YOU were probably our second best player that day

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Fragmented Badger said:
Why are people annoyed by the fans who have dared to criticise him? He has, at times, looked extremely dodgy. His heart doesn't seem to be in it, his kicking is not actually that good (despite what McGhee would have you believe), and I can't remember anything he has done in his time here to make me believe he is actually a better than average player. Michel, on the other hand, has proved over a number of YEARS that he has what it takes to be a quality keeper at any level we find ourselves. Now if fans wish to voice their concern that a fantastic servant is being left out in favour of some half-hearted joker, I think they have every right to. The fact Henderson has now had a strop about it only proves how pathetic he is. Get rid of him now, and give Michel a new contract - SORTED!

Or because Hendo is a better keeper put him back in the team, he'll then be happy. Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here