Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
still not seeing proof, apart from something that may have been on SSN.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The Large One said:
Blimey, that IS rose-tinted specs.

Name them, by all means ... most of those I repeatedly see mentioned are excellent saves that the defenders don't follow up on. Would you say Kuipers was at fault against Bristol City the other week?

Only the goals against Plymouth away, and possibly the first at home to Crewe would I call real blunders.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Repugnant Toad said:
Name them, by all means ... most of those I repeatedly see mentioned are excellent saves that the defenders don't follow up on. Would you say Kuipers was at fault against Bristol City the other week?

Only the goals against Plymouth away, and possibly the first at home to Crewe would I call real blunders.
No, I won't. I have no idea when there were or who they were against. I am not so tragic a human being to remember every minutiae of detail to that extent. All I will say is that that kind of mistake that Henderson made for the first Crewe goal is the kind of mistake I will constantly associate with him because, one, he has done it several times before (no, I can't remember who against - as I said I am not that sad), and two, he doesn't appear to have learned from it yet. I am sure he will do eventually.

At this time, I have nowhere as much confidence in Henderson as I do in Kuipers. And if I were to go on body language alone (all that I can really go on), the defenders in front of them appear to feel the same.

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
missed the last 2 games, well one of them was because he was away on international duty :nono:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Name a goalkeeper who has never made a mistake. I don't think anyone will. I don't think either make more mistakes statistically than any other in the league

Kuipers is a legend and a good keeper, Henderson is young and bound to also make the odd mistake but it's no coinidence that 'keepers seem to peak after 30.

I don't buy this thing that Kuipers is injury prone either, he has had a couple of major injuries due to his bravery as far as I remember, he shouldn't be put in the same category as a Kitson as far as I'm concerned.

All said and done we still need a decent second keeper for competition and cover so all in all it's a shame.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The problem is that Henderson being a reasonable keeper he needs to realise that there is also another one at the club. Years ago we had Moseley and Steele who both staked a claim to No1 and there were times when there was unrest but the difference from then to now is that if the manager made a decision it was accepted. These days one game dropped or even as in the Man City game last night being substituted means all out hissy fits. Just who do these players think they are? In the case of Henderson he's a young chap, wet behind the ears learning a very differcult skill, playing for an average team in the third division of english football. He has had the privilege of representing his country, who incidently are a third rate international side. He's paid a lot of money compared to his peer group for doing a job most people would die for. He needs to realise just how good his life is and get on with gaining his place back.

At the moment this type of player response is like a cancer to the game of football and needs to be resolved. Players seem to be listening to a lot of poor advice, made by agents only interested in their own wealth. If I was a chairman/manager I would offer better terms to players who represented themselves.All football agents do is take money out of football and ultimately thats our money!

The Large One said:
No, I won't. I have no idea when there were or who they were against. I am not so tragic a human being to remember every minutiae of detail to that extent. All I will say is that that kind of mistake that Henderson made for the first Crewe goal is the kind of mistake I will constantly associate with him because, one, he has done it several times before (no, I can't remember who against - as I said I am not that sad), and two, he doesn't appear to have learned from it yet. I am sure he will do eventually.

At this time, I have nowhere as much confidence in Henderson as I do in Kuipers. And if I were to go on body language alone (all that I can really go on), the defenders in front of them appear to feel the same.

What about the Gillingham game only a few week's back, it's surely not that tragic to remember that game? Hendo was absolutely outstanding, the 3pts belonged to him more than any other player.

All keepers make mistakes, Hendo has played a lot of games over the past year, Kuipers didn't for whatever reason. It's not that surprising that Hendo's mistakes are fresher in the mind.

The idea that Kuipers doesn't make mistakes is fanciful. But if today has more or less confirmed FDM as our No1 for the foreseeable future, then let's hope it's as few as possible from now on.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think its a bit silly by Hendo but you have to consider the agents role in this. Hendo is young and lets be honest is far from the finished article, he should stick around for a couple of years learning from FDM. If there is one thing he is missing and FDM has is presence. Still I hope he can work it out as I think he will be a good keeper in the future, if not bye bye:wave:

No Hendo on Albion bench - SCR :(

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Fragmented Badger said:
:clap2:

Brilliant news as far as I'm concerned! Not got anything major against Henderson, but let's be honest, he isn't fit to lace LORD MICHEL'S boots. I can't say I want him to leave, but if this means Big Michel will be our full-time number 1, then I'm a happy man. Roll on tonight!

Down with the Millwal we're going down with the millwall.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What a disgusting time to rock the boat, one game into DW's caretaker management.

He cost us points against Brentford, Crewe, and almost threw one in his net at Forest. Im not saying Kuipers doesnt make errors but Hendo looks like making one fairly often. He may have better distribution but Kuipers has much better command with crosses.

I cant believe people think he should play just because hes Irelands no2, imo that just shows how poor Irelands Keeping options are.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
What a disgusting time to rock the boat, one game into DW's caretaker management.

He cost us points against Brentford, Crewe, and almost threw one in his net at Forest. Im not saying Kuipers doesnt make errors but Hendo looks like making one fairly often. He may have better distribution but Kuipers has much better command with crosses.

I cant believe people think he should play just because hes Irelands no2, imo that just shows how poor Irelands Keeping options are.

He should play because he is far & away the best goalkeeper we have at the club. Quite simple really - unless you're Dean Wilkins of course. Bring back McGhee Knight, before its too late.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
blame the fans,once again a few gobby little shites make a player very unhappy.he,as most would is worried about his international rep and is not happy being left out,but getting slated every week hurts the most i would suspect.well done proud of yourself,outing mm now a decent goalie

chez

Jul 5, 2003
empire said:
blame the fans,once again a few gobby little shites make a player very unhappy.he,as most would is worried about his international rep and is not happy being left out,but getting slated every week hurts the most i would suspect.well done proud of yourself,outing mm now a decent goalie

I must admit in all my years of following The Albion Ive never been so f***ing pissed off with my fellow supporters. you boo boys are as much to blame if not more for the clubs demise as anyone :angry: :nono:

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:
What about the Gillingham game only a few week's back, it's surely not that tragic to remember that game? Hendo was absolutely outstanding, the 3pts belonged to him more than any other player.

All keepers make mistakes, Hendo has played a lot of games over the past year, Kuipers didn't for whatever reason. It's not that surprising that Hendo's mistakes are fresher in the mind.

The idea that Kuipers doesn't make mistakes is fanciful. But if today has more or less confirmed FDM as our No1 for the foreseeable future, then let's hope it's as few as possible from now on.

But he even spilled one straight at a defender in that match too. Lucky enough he had none of the goal to shoot at because Henderson was right in front of him.

As you say, Kuipers has made mistakes as well, I won't deny that, but Henderson has for a long time (Bar the odd game) been consistantly losing his form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here