Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't seem to find a link anywhere, but i expect its me going blind.
If this is true it would be a big loss, Henderson is a good keeper despite what people say. He wouldn't get in the Irish squad if he was crap was he. Don't think the constant having a go at everything he does is very good for his confidence either. Quite why we have to knock our players is beyond me, but this is another debate.
Kupiers will not be around for ever and a international keeper rivaling him for the no1 shirt can only be good for Brighton.
Hopefully this will have been blown out of proportion and will get sorted in the near future.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
NS Herald said:
Respect is gained over a sensible period of time without too many mistakes. He has been here '5 minutes' and in the view of many people, keeps making similar mistakes that cost goals.

Kuipers has made more than his share of mistakes too - there's a reason he keeps getting dropped.

As I can recall, Henderson has only made two semi-clangers in his time here; his good performances have far outweighed his bad ones. That, for me, along with his perfect attitude to date, has been plenty enough to deserve respect. It's the same kind of situation we had when Roberts was here - despite being the best keeper we'd had in years, people were still hammering on about how Kuipers should be in the team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
People are shocked he is fed up?

He gets abuse from his own fans at games, just like Leon an CKR infact and you wonder why they want to leave?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Turkey said:
I do apologise. Maybe you'd like to be more specific next time.

I'm not suprised because the fans have never warmed to Henderson.

He was by the touchline taking a free-kick in the Crewe game and the fans next to him were singing 'Michel Kuipers, FDM..' in his face.

There's a complete lack of respect from the fans. Everyone goes on about his mistakes and forgets the superb saves he makes.

Well said Turkey

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Repugnant Toad said:
Kuipers has made more than his share of mistakes too - there's a reason he keeps getting dropped.

You're right...I love the FDM as much as the next man (oh christ I've just looked - the next man has pink lycra shorts on and an 'I love the FDM badge' :eek: ) but I remember some clangers from him - I even remember having to defend him against Brentford fans who were ridiculing him in Micky Adams last game in charge. As i've said before I think Hendo and him are on a par IMHO - Kuipers probably better at the spectacular shot-stopping, whereas Hendo has more 'potential' and his distribution is better...but the distribution thing has been done to death.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
NS Herald said:
If it's true, he should remember that you have to earn respect from the fans - you don't automatically deserve it because you are an International. Michel has done that in spades over the years. Hendo should keep his head down - work hard and get on with his job.
No but at the same time he doesnt deserve to be aused and called shit by his HOME fans

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Irish logic here, request a transfer when the the transfer window is closed :shootself

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Repugnant Toad said:

As I can recall, Henderson has only made two semi-clangers in his time here; his good performances have far outweighed his bad ones. That, for me, along with his perfect attitude to date, has been plenty enough to deserve respect. It's the same kind of situation we had when Roberts was here - despite being the best keeper we'd had in years, people were still hammering on about how Kuipers should be in the team.
Blimey, that IS rose-tinted specs. :eek:

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
People are shocked he is fed up?

He gets abuse from his own fans at games, just like Leon an CKR infact and you wonder why they want to leave?

I dont think anyone was that shocked they left. I think by comparing him to them you're highlighting why people are pissed off with him. Also, as bad as the other two were, neither of them threw a strop after being left out of ONE game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
LDH said:
I dont think anyone was that shocked they left. I think by comparing him to them you're highlighting why people are pissed off with him. Also, as bad as the other two were, neither of them threw a strop after being left out of ONE game.

Do we know that is the reason?

Everygame this season near enough the fdm name has been sung, good way to support your players on the pitch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The agents are to blame for this as they tell the players that they will be better off going elsewhere. Only a short while ago Chef's agent had hinted to Crewe that he was available on a free , so there is a lot of shit stirring going on.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
No but at the same time he doesnt deserve to be aused and called shit by his HOME fans

but if it's about the abuse he's meant to be getting from the home fans then why is he only asking for a transfer request now? It seems there wasnt a problem while he was playing.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
seagullsovergrimsby said:
The agents are to blame for this as they tell the players that they will be better off going elsewhere. Only a short while ago Chef's agent had hinted to Crewe that he was available on a free , so there is a lot of shit stirring going on.

BURN THE C**TS:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here