Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away good draw for us.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
According to Wiki (!) the capacity is 19,920, so that's a max of 2988 if we get the full 15%. Shirley we can take that many up to beautiful Watford?

Edit: Apparently one stand's closed, so that'll be my effort totally f***ed than. :down:

Hence the 17,500 mate, but still guessing

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why would he rest more first team regulars? The main reason he put in reserves in the first two rounds was because he felt that they should have beaten the opposition. I don't think he'll change more than two or three as per yesterday.

In the first 2 rounds we had midweek games before the Cup game, so players were rested so that they weren't playing too many games. For the FC United replay we hadn't played for a while before because of postponements so a stronger line-up was played.

Like I say Gus has stated that the league is priority, and with a game the Tuesday after I can see him resting a few more first teamers

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
As I live in Watford, this is a very important match for me. When we lose to them kids shout abuse at me in the street, and my local pub is a no go area. Gus must pick a full team, if we play a half strength team and get stuffed I will never forgive Mr Poyet.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not bad. We usually put in a good show there and the away end is great for generating noise. Also a chance to see how we compare to a sound Championship side. 30 mins up the road for me doesn't hurt either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crap draw imo, would have loved the draw Southampton have got. Big game and time to exit and concentrate on the league

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Crap draw imo, would have loved the draw Southampton have got. Big game and time to exit and concentrate on the league

I wouldn't - in a way. Every Southampton player's mind will be focused on that game, and they have what 4 games before MU?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I wouldn't - in a way. Every Southampton player's mind will be focused on that game, and they have what 4 games before MU?

good shout

watford strikes me as a good draw - excellent test for players and opportunity to gauge what we need for next season.

if you play man utd etc, you're not going to get their first team against you, so this game actually serves a purpose with realistic chance of 5th round.

i reckon we'll take about 3000 if given the whole end.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if Gus puts out a weaker team. Saints won't be able to resist putting out a full strength squad in the vain hope they can show what a big team they are. Hopefully they will get battered and demoralised. We put out a weaker team, lose and then go on to romp the league, while Saints f*ck it up and miss out on the playoffs!! (I know, I'm getting carried away now).

If this doesn't happen I will personally eat Uncle Spielberg's shit.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think it's a crap draw! Really disappointed.
I don't know how many NSC'ers on here remember our cup game up there in 1984, but that had to be the worst away trip ever!!!!
The police were very intimidating (nasty bunch) and we were packed like sardines in our end.
Then the police, in their wisdom, decided to push us all from the back and we were crushed against the barriers. It was pretty frightening and I vowed never to go there again. One of my worst awayday experiences ever!
We laughed at the fact they used to call it a family club.
Whatever it used to be, family-friendly it wasn't!

I realise that the ground may have changed over the years but things like that stick in your mind forever.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Their capacity has been reduced since we were last there as one entire side is now out of use. Dunno if thats been mentioned.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It can also work the other way and Atkins is no mug.He will be telling his players up untill the Man U game that if you under perform now you don't play.Simple as that.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
currently injuries and the return of loan players has left us with a tiny squad. Against Hartlepool we dropped Graham and Loach, but otherwise played a full squad, 12 of the 18 having come through our academy.

That is impressive. 12 coming through the academy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't know how many NSC'ers on here remember our cup game up there in 1984, but that had to be the worst away trip ever!!!!
The police were very intimidating (nasty bunch) and we were packed like sardines in our end.
Then the police, in their wisdom, decided to push us all from the back and we were crushed against the barriers. It was pretty frightening and I vowed never to go there again. One of my worst awayday experiences ever!

I realise that the ground may have changed over the years but things like that stick in your mind forever.

I was there that day too,......I think you are being a big wuss!

They were very welcoming when we took the giant flag up to Vicarage Road for the 1-1 draw on September 11th 2004. 14,148 in the crowd that day.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Pretty pleased with the draw.

Definitely a winnable game, altho it will be tough. We will take our full allocation (hopefully 4,500) and the atmosphere will be cracking.

Its a win/win - snatch a win and into the 5th round, or bow out amd do our thang in the league! :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here