Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford are the best team I've seen at the Amex this season

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Cardiff were the only side to outplay us at home this season prior to today. They were outstanding at times were Watford.

Don't think Cardiff outplayed us. They were as good as us. But agree Watford were the most threatening when they went forward. That's what makes it so frustrating though. Watford were the best team i've seen here but they didn't outplay us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
They were good, yes but essentially we were hit on the break 3 times and were the worst I've seen us for along time. Eastbourne world have looked good against that shower today.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Neat passing and move the ball very quickly,break quickly and they manage to fit a big lump in up front.it seems everything Gus can't quite get right.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
TBH the Udinese development squad are adept at breaking quickly and we have little or no pace at the back.

They are a very good counter attacking side and only had a handful of chances, which is why I don't think we were as shit as everyone made out.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
TBH the Udinese development squad are adept at breaking quickly and we have little or no pace at the back.

They are a very good counter attacking side and only had a handful of chances, which is why I don't think we were as shit as everyone made out.

I'd humbly suggest it was more than that. Their quick one touch football made me realise that we have a long way to go. I'm sure it was a case of them being at their best and us being poor though.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If Watford are not in the Prem next season i will be amazed. They play the right way, none of that negative sideways shit like us. The number 20 should not be playing in the championship, great player

MattR

Jul 5, 2004
Evening.

The loan thing at Watford SOUNDS dodgy... but to my mind we have been taken over by someone not just with money, but with experience of running a smallish club successfully. And a massive scouting system and pool of players to boot. The model is to buy rough diamonds, develop, sell on at peak price... Udinese haven't done too bad by it, Pozzos have owned them for 25 years.

As for "Udinese B", we are supposed to have the pick of the players on loan as permanent signings; yes, we've fallen on our feet, but not sure that "tightening up rules" would or should counter that. They want to develop their English club. Vydra, Pudil, Abdi and Forestieri should sign permanently in January by all accounts; Vydra you saw in full effect this evening, Abdi was quiet but has bossed our midfield more often than Chalobah (albeit he is 26, not just 18) and Forestieri is extraordinary.

More here: A Bluffer’s Guide to Watford, Class of 2013 | The Two Unfortunates

best

M

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'd humbly suggest it was more than that. Their quick one touch football made me realise that we have a long way to go. I'm sure it was a case of them being at their best and us being poor though.

Don't get me wrong, they were slick. But I think in the first half it was very even and we also played some good stuff especially when it was at pace.

Over all though they were more consistent and their players were always looking for the ball plus they managed to maintain the tempo. But when they broke they were so fluid, whereas when we counter attacked we were languid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OK a question, how much are these Watford loan players worth? Are they multi million pound players who are beyond the reach of a club trying to operate within it's means?

If so just ignore what I am about to type.

Gus has had over three years to put together a team playing tippy tappy effective football. I accept it's a long term project but what I saw today sowed some seeds of doubt in my mind.

Zola has put together a team who play much like us, difference being is that he has done it in 6 months. They came here with a game plan for an away team, only to find Gus had sent out yet another cautious even negative side and we cancelled each other out for much of the 1st half. They got a lucky deflection to go 2-1 up BUT

Their players were bigger and much more forceful on the ball but just as skilful.

They attacked at pace when our attacks broke down

They had players who actually posed a threat when they attacked and varied they way that they came at us.

We looked totally clueless again with the final ball

CMS had two excellent balls played through in the 1st half that played to his strengths, the 1st he decided to pass backwards when he could have run at the two defenders. The 2nd he just fell down like a sack of spuds because he didn't fancy going up against the big nasty defender.

3-1 down and Gus at last has to change to an attacking line up, we then continued to pass the ball around at the back like we were 3-1 up with no urgency whatsoever. At this stage I seriously considered walking out

In short Gus let everyone down by not attempting to involve us in the game by actually going for Watford. Yes some of it early on was very pretty, afraid I'm now getting a bit bored with us only being able to play pretty football. I want to us attack and worry teams with variety and a bit of nastiness when the pretty stuff isn't working

Not gonna rate the players today, just Gus and he gets a 4

F'ing pissed off in fact and bored with the same old same old every home game and starting to wish we had a less pig headed manager. Hope this is just a knee jerk

Rant over

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Even if they haven't got the money, the owners can just move the players around the various clubs they own. It all seems very dodgy to me which is probably why they chose a small club like Watford to utilise it.

I know, cant help feeling that it will all go tits up somewhere down the line, they will keep the best for Udinese and Watford will be left to rot, but in the meantime it works very well, they keep all their best players playing competitive football, then select the best, and Zola will be the next manager of Udinese.

That was an away performance tonight, it was not just about beating us on the break, their defense was solid as well, but we gave them so much room especially in the centre of midfield, and it hurts me to say it, but Adam was totally out of his depth tonight.

But there is a long way to go, and the transfer window coming up, and we can actually play better than Watford, because ( apart from the late goal) we proved that against Bolton with a stunning performance. My 2 Arsenal and liverpool mates that I took to that game both agreed that Brighton are geared up for the prem.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Neuton (on loan from Udinese) Pudil (Granada), Vydra (Udinese), Anya (Granada), Abdi (Udinese), Giejo (Sub, on loan from Udinese), Bia (on load from Standard Liege), Battocchio (Udinese), Chalobah (On loan from Chelsea) Forestieri (unused sub from Udinese).

Ten loan players, two unused subs.
If thats the case, then Im fairly disgusted. Thats not the way football should be going.... They looked good, I agree, but what has happened to the soul of the club?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
OK a question, how much are these Watford loan players worth? Are they multi million pound players who are beyond the reach of a club trying to operate within it's means?

If so just ignore what I am about to type.

Gus has had over three years to put together a team playing tippy tappy effective football. I accept it's a long term project but what I saw today sowed some seeds of doubt in my mind.

Zola has put together a team who play much like us, difference being is that he has done it in 6 months. They came here with a game plan for an awayoo team, only to find Gus had sent out yet another cautious even negative side and we cancelled each other out for much of the 1st half. They got a lucky deflection to go 2-1 up BUT

Their players were bigger and much more forceful on the ball but just as skilful.

They attacked at pace when our attacks broke down

They had players who actually posed a threat when they attacked and varied they way that they came at us.

We looked totally clueless again with the final ball

CMS had two excellent balls played through in the 1st half that played to his strengths, the 1st he decided to pass backwards when he could have run at the two defenders. The 2nd he just fell down like a sack of spuds because he didn't fancy going up against the big nasty defender.

3-1 down and Gus at last has to change to an attacking line up, we then continued to pass the ball around at the back like we were 3-1 up with no urgency whatsoever. At this stage I seriously considered walking out

In short Gus let everyone down by not attempting to involve us in the game by actually going for Watford. Yes some of it early on was very pretty, afraid I'm now getting a bit bored with us only being able to play pretty football. I want to us attack and worry teams with variety and a bit of nastiness when the pretty stuff isn't working

Not gonna rate the players today, just Gus and he gets a 4

F'ing pissed off in fact and bored with the same old same old every home game and starting to wish we had a less pig headed manager. Hope this is just a knee jerk

Rant over

Get used to it mate. You've got many years of ranting to come if posters in here had there way but thank god that Mr Bloom will not tolirate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here