Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Water Usage in the South East: Is this legal?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:
I know you did...I am not blind

I just said they should give them away free...at least then the tight arses or " I can't give a f***...." brigade have no excuse when they are delivered to their doors

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Giving them away free would just add to costs, when they have to spend a fortune fixing a large proportion of the pipes as it is. At cost is a great option that many people should take up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Giving them away free would just add to costs, when they have to spend a fortune fixing a large proportion of the pipes as it is. At cost is a great option that many people should take up.

A lot of the water efficiency stuff is either being sold at cost or is free, for instance the save-a-flush bags and the like are free and in Medway they are sending people into homes to give tips on saving water, installing the bags and if there are leaking taps they will after the meeting have somebody in to sort that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
A lot of the water efficiency stuff is either being sold at cost or is free, for instance the save-a-flush bags and the like are free and in Medway they are sending people into homes to give tips on saving water, installing the bags and if there are leaking taps they will after the meeting have somebody in to sort that.

It seems that people want a solution, yet do not want to pay any more money to solve it. Perhaps more coverage is needed UB. There seems to be alot of people that don't realise what they can do to help.

Thankfully developers are starting to take notice and take steps. Houses will be graded for their eco-friendliness, from now on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone think UB works for the water industry;) ;) ;)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
It seems that people want a solution, yet do not want to pay any more money to solve it. Perhaps more coverage is needed UB. There seems to be alot of people that don't realise what they can do to help.

Thankfully developers are starting to take notice and take steps. Houses will be graded for their eco-friendliness, from now on.

There is an element of making sure everything is in place first.

The next problem that is hit is, if a direct mail piece goes out to every customer in the region explaining all this, people bitch that money is being wasted on sending the stuff out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
There is an element of making sure everything is in place first.

The next problem that is hit is, if a direct mail piece goes out to every customer in the region explaining all this, people bitch that money is being wasted on sending the stuff out.

I was thinking the national/regional press really as I can see that they would complain about money being spent. It is what us Humans are best at. Demand a solution and then complain about it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What they really need to do is stop building more and more bloody houses all over the south east. There is not enough water for those of us already here so the governments plan to build thousands more homes is really clever isn't it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But where else do you build them?

You cant build them up north because no-one wants to live up there, its depressing and full of miserable Northerners( apart from me who lives dahn sarf)

You cant build them in the west because there is precious little work down there and people who live in teh West are wierd and on the whole inbred.

People want to live in the south east or the thames corridor, because its near london and people want to live near London.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dies Irae said:
But where else do you build them?

You cant build them up north because no-one wants to live up there, its depressing and full of miserable Northerners( apart from me who lives dahn sarf)

You cant build them in the west because there is precious little work down there and people who live in teh West are wierd and on the whole inbred.

People want to live in the south east or the thames corridor, because its near london and people want to live near London.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Without going massively off topic the REAL solution is to answer the question of why everyone wants to live down here. The answer is not just the weather but generally jobs are better paid and if you want to be a high flyer you have to work in London.

The government would be much better off trying to move jobs up north.

How about moving the stock exchange to Manchester?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
tedebear said:
Ahh I thought you were in Southern Water area...okey dokes!!

With the three across though its still bloody difficult to get the middle kid out in any car!! :lol:

We are but my mum isn't!

It certainly is which is why I like to have Callum in the middle because he can climb in himself and he can buckle himself in and I can check it from the front. When Stasia was first born Cal and Fran were both in First Classes and getting the infant carrier into the middle between those was a paint in the butt. I wasn't sorry when she grew into her own first class!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here