Donny (462 miles)
Reading (163 miles)
Coventry (322 miles)
Total 1,320 miles

and replaced them with

Blackburn (522 miles)
Bolton (544 miles)
Sheff W (462 miles0
Huddersfield or Sheff Utd (504 or 464 miles)
Wolves (378 miles)
Charlton (132 miles)
Total 2542 (or 2502) miles

An increase of up to 1,222 miles if you live in Brighton.

I am clearly bored on a Friday night.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On a brighter note, the Blackburn and Bolton fixtures could be weekend away trips to Manchester if the fixtures fall right

[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] can give you a few tips on where to cop off if you do come for the weekend!!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Only if you go to every away game by car and travel by yourself. If you're doing that, an extra £200 outlay is the least of your issues.

(The main point holds true, obviously. It's become a very much more Northern division for next season.)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Good. I hate southern away games when you get Albion morons going for the 'day out' rather than because they have an interest in the football.

Or because they can't afford further away games. Oh but they have no 'interest in the football', right.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] can give you a few tips on where to cop off if you do come for the weekend!!!!!

You should be buzzing with all these extra northern teams considering you live in Stockport. I bet Bolton is your number 1 must do next season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If you can afford £32 to get into West Ham and £20 for the train or for petrol then money isn't your main worry.

London away games definitely attract a moronic element I never see anywhere else in the country.

You have a point here, i mean if you book far enough in advance for trains, hotels etc - its pretty cheap. Just the effort which puts people off - I love away days me !!! Do plan to go to as many as possible next season though - so i will be going to the London games.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You should be buzzing with all these extra northern teams considering you live in Stockport. I bet Bolton is your number 1 must do next season.

Bolton is my number 1 next season mainly because it will be ground number 117 in which I have watched the Albion!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Exactly. West Ham must have been about our third nearest game last season but for me it was one of the most expensive. I must have spent £80, which is ridiculous for a match so close to home. I try to avoid places like that normally. I'm quite pleased Portsmouth, Southampton, West Ham and Reading have disappeared as I expect all of them to attract the day trippers. I always think the atmosphere is much better when we have 1,000 fans somewhere in the north than 3,000 about 50-60 miles from home.

I think the poor atmosphere at West Ham (0-6), Reading (0-3), and Southampton (0-3) may have been influenced by being thumped at all those venues.

I must confess I thought our away support was more subdued than normal last season, but that may have been linked to the lack of results/goals/chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here